PDA

View Full Version : Engravers?

Odin Bravo One
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
I am looking for a custom engraver for a custom 1911 project I am putting together. I am working with one of the Top Tier 1911 builders for the pistol, and I am sure he has some ideas and suggestions for an engraver, but I like to research and talk to people on my own as well. I need a Top Tier engraver to match the art the smith is capable of. Then again, he may do it himself too.......who knows?

This is very likely to be my last custom build, and probably the most special as it will serve as my daily carry gun, as well as a mobile remembrance to times, places, and people of the past.

Any suggestions? I need someone who is experienced with engraving high end custom firearms, and can engrave intricate detail, deep enough that it won't fill in with a ceracote type finish.

Thanks for the help.

John Ralston
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
JR French....

David Armstrong
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Since this topic is already up, speaking of engraving, can anyone point me toward someone doing the laser engraving on revolvers, like the S&W laser engraving? Thanks.

Corey
09-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Rachel Wells in Prescott, AZ has done a lot of high end engraving and inlay work. Check with the Firearms Engravers Guild of America for info on engravers as well. http://www.fega.com/