PDA

View Full Version : A Little Class for the day....

Dagga Boy
06-09-2015, 05:41 PM
How about a nickel model 10 3" and a Model 38 also in nickel with matching Craig Spegal Cocobolo Boot Grips....you know in case you have a black tie affair to attend....;-)

OnionsAndDragons
06-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Those grips really make the look. Those are some nice pieces!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dagga Boy
06-09-2015, 06:11 PM
When it stops raining, I ll get some outdoor pictures. That one does not do the grips justice.

Dagga Boy
06-09-2015, 07:56 PM
This is better. Checkered Cocobollo Spegels.

Robinson
06-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Yeah those stocks are really nice.

Peally
06-10-2015, 01:22 PM
This is better. Checkered Cocobollo Spegels.

Those are nice. With revolvers the grips make or break the gun's looks.

SecondsCount
06-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I like the look of the nickel Model 10.

WobblyPossum
06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
You always have the best toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLG
06-10-2015, 09:10 PM
DB does have a lot of nice revolvers.

xray 99
06-10-2015, 09:15 PM
A++++.

Dagga Boy
06-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks. As a mid life crisis I have decided to invest in building an example collection of fighting revolvers, as well as a few specialized guns from the great revolver builders of our time. It was cheaper than a Corvette, and will likely hold value better. I really liked carrying a wheelgun, and I also like competing with them 25 years ago. I have essentially replaced a lot of guns I owned but had to sell to buy other things. Now, at a different place in life I can do some stuff I didn't have the means to when I was a young cop.

What is kind of neat is that I am also doing some revolvers like The Janitor does 1911's from the greats. By next week I will have a Frank Glen slab side S&W Model 28, a Ron Power full house logo'd GP100, and a Jim Clark Smython built on a model 19 Smith frame with a 4" Python barrel. I would like to maybe get a Bill Davis PPC gun at some point as well. I have Nill grips coming for the Smythom and Model 28. They are like Swenson 1911's of the revolver world.

Other things are exceptional guns for hunting bad guys. The big N frame Smiths, and things like a 3" K frames just bring me back to the days of really violent crime and an exciting time in my life when we did some great cop work carrying guns like these. When you feel stag grips and see some of the older deep bluing from Colt, it is hard not to feel bonded with those guns as something special.

Now that the acquisition stage is ending, my goal is to do some sort of Revolver blog where I can share them, share the leather, share the grips, and bring in guys who did the Lord's work with these guns to also relate their thoughts and stories as a lasting resource for those interested in firearms combatives.

Drang
06-10-2015, 10:09 PM
You always have the best toys.
This is my usual 5reaction to his posts:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6b/6b4c607a729c22a31495ad2580d4165f6cbff0140d93626263 e626d5364dfb09.jpg

Malamute
06-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks. As a mid life crisis I have decided to invest in building an example collection of fighting revolvers, as well as a few specialized guns from the great revolver builders of our time. It was cheaper than a Corvette, and will likely hold value better. I really liked carrying a wheelgun, and I also like competing with them 25 years ago. I have essentially replaced a lot of guns I owned but had to sell to buy other things. Now, at a different place in life I can do some stuff I didn't have the means to when I was a young cop.

What is kind of neat is that I am also doing some revolvers like The Janitor does 1911's from the greats. By next week I will have a Frank Glen slab side S&W Model 28, a Ron Power full house logo'd GP100, and a Jim Clark Smython built on a model 19 Smith frame with a 4" Python barrel. I would like to maybe get a Bill Davis PPC gun at some point as well. I have Nill grips coming for the Smythom and Model 28. They are like Swenson 1911's of the revolver world.

Other things are exceptional guns for hunting bad guys. The big N frame Smiths, and things like a 3" K frames just bring me back to the days of really violent crime and an exciting time in my life when we did some great cop work carrying guns like these. When you feel stag grips and see some of the older deep bluing from Colt, it is hard not to feel bonded with those guns as something special.

Now that the acquisition stage is ending, my goal is to do some sort of Revolver blog where I can share them, share the leather, share the grips, and bring in guys who did the Lord's work with these guns to also relate their thoughts and stories as a lasting resource for those interested in firearms combatives.

Excellent.

Look forward to seeing the blog writing. It will be interesting.

I really like the two nickel guns on page one, and the grips. For some reason the 3" K in nickel does something for me that stainless hasnt. Looks like a perfect general carry size.

Lost River
06-11-2015, 07:09 AM
I really like your idea of a Mid Life Crisis project. Perhaps mix in some accessories made of beautiful wood, polished steel, and fine leather.

A nice flask, a well used sap, perhaps a gentleman's folder..

The possibilities are endless!

Dagga Boy
06-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Excellent.

Look forward to seeing the blog writing. It will be interesting.

I really like the two nickel guns on page one, and the grips. For some reason the 3" K in nickel does something for me that stainless hasnt. Looks like a perfect general carry size.

I always hated nickel guns. This changed in the last year. Several of my favorite things are now nickel Smith's. I am hesitant to actually carry them, but they are really nice with some good wood or ivory on them. As a cop in my era, the only guys who carried nickel guns were a few motor cops. Now, with my fixation on historical use it seems that in the era before stainless they were desirable for many as a corrosion protection.
Interesting story. I have one of my great uncle's model 19's. He was a cop in the Canal Zone in panama (several of my relatives were Canal Zone cops). It is a stellar gun. When I was visiting his wife last year she said he had a sort of legendary gun in Panama. He apparently had one of the first model 66's ever made. It even had stainless sights. He got it for obvious reasons as he not only was a cop, but handled the horses at the correctional facility and worked on horseback a lot in one of the harshest environments in the world. I guess he sold it after retirement and they moved to Florida. He was offered a good deal of money for it because the guns with the stainless sights are fairly rare and sold it. We are used to stainless and modern coatings. It was not always this good. Trying to deal with environmental conditions was always an issue in many areas. I just missed out on a Florida Highway Patrol Colt .357. FHP guns are very collectable because they used high end guns, 5" barrels, and they were nickel finished to deal with the humidity.

Jeep
06-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Now that the acquisition stage is ending . . . .

I wouldn't be so sure about that. When someone has an outstanding revolver collection such as you have, there is a little known physical force in which the existing revolvers keep whispering to you about getting "just one more grail gun."

Maybe the correct phrase is "now that the acquisition stage is slowing down . . . ."

Dagga Boy
06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. When someone has an outstanding revolver collection such as you have, there is a little known physical force in which the existing revolvers keep whispering to you about getting "just one more grail gun."

Maybe the correct phrase is "now that the acquisition stage is slowing down . . . ."

I actually have a list of stuff I feel I "need" in my phone. There is also a big fat note in capital letters to stay focused on those. The last ones will be tough, so it is imperative I have the means to jump if they present themselves, which I can't do with "just one more". These include a Wolf & Klar .44, a DSS model 19 2.5", a NIS Speed Six, and a 5" model 27 preferably converted to .44 Spl (Classic Skeeter Skelton gun). I also want a Model 625-7 (and I have a suspicion that Tam has one) .45 Colt snub, or a Jovino 25-5...whatever comes first. So I still have some stuff to shop for. I also have enough doubles of a few guns that I could horse trade for some trinkets. We'll see what happens.

45dotACP
06-11-2015, 02:25 PM
I'd very much look forward to a Nyeti's classic revolver and various gentlemanly accoutrements of force blog.

Jeep
06-11-2015, 04:51 PM
I actually have a list of stuff I feel I "need" in my phone. There is also a big fat note in capital letters to stay focused on those. The last ones will be tough, so it is imperative I have the means to jump if they present themselves, which I can't do with "just one more". These include . . . . a DSS model 19 2.5 . . . .

I've heard that some of those DSS 19's were used to very, very good effect in more than one third-world country. They indeed should be grail guns. (The rest of the list is very nice as well, but while it might not be to your current taste a Manhurin that was used by the French anti-terrorist gendarmes would be a very distinctive pistol).

Trooper224
06-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Pure sex.

Hambo
06-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Dude, you need a sub-forum for "Nyeti's revolver collection" :cool:

NEPAKevin
06-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Nyeti is like the Hugh Hefner of six guns. :)