PDA

View Full Version : Reload a shotgun fast with "Tactical Twins"

SpyderMan2k4
06-08-2015, 09:12 PM
So a little while ago a friend of mine introduced me to Twins Loading (i.e. load 2), which is heavily used in 3 gun and action shooting. I was blown away at how fast shotguns could be reloaded, but there were some serious downfalls- particularly requiring a dedicated rig. After playing around with it a bit, I developed a modified method to twins load from a regular side saddle. I finally got around to shooting a video on it today.

For the number of shotgun threads there there have been on PF, I figured you guys might find it useful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YvUlfIOPrM

JDM
06-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Very, very cool. Thank you for sharing!!

Byron
06-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Thanks for sharing, Adam! Cool technique and you do a great job explaining/demonstrating.

Do you use the same technique (stock on shoulder, loading port up, ammo manipulated with shooting hand) when loading one-at-a-time from a side saddle?

SpyderMan2k4
06-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks for sharing, Adam! Cool technique and you do a great job explaining/demonstrating.

Do you use the same technique (stock on shoulder, loading port up, ammo manipulated with shooting hand) when loading one-at-a-time from a side saddle?

Sometimes, it really depends. At this point it's what I prefer. Previously I pretty much only used my support hand to load. It works fine, but the stock on the shoulder and loading with the strong hand is nice for two reasons (that I've found). One, particularly after a long day (i.e. an 8 hour shotgun class) holding the gun up with one arm to load gets really tiring. Two, having two solid points of contact (support hand and the shoulder) provides a really steady, solid gun to load into while moving... it bounces around a lot less than just holding the gun with the strong hand and trying to load with the weak hand. I'm sure some people would make an issue out of taking your firing hand off of the gun, but if you're loading you aren't shooting anyway, so I figure it's moot.

HopetonBrown
06-08-2015, 10:29 PM
If you're loading then you're not shooting with the traditional method; but you are able to if need be.

EricM
06-08-2015, 11:45 PM
That's really clever! Suppose it could be used to load shells from similar configurations on a belt or vest as well. Never thought I'd see something from the shotgun side of 3 gun make its way to tactical applications!

Nice shirt too. :)

45dotACP
06-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Awesome!

Totem Polar
06-09-2015, 02:09 AM
That's really clever! Suppose it could be used to load shells from similar configurations on a belt or vest as well. Never thought I'd see something from the shotgun side of 3 gun make its way to tactical applications!

Nice shirt too. :)

This. Pretty cool. That was a fast top-off.

jlw
06-09-2015, 07:59 AM
So a little while ago a friend of mine introduced me to Twins Loading (i.e. load 2), which is heavily used in 3 gun and action shooting. I was blown away at how fast shotguns could be reloaded, but there were some serious downfalls- particularly requiring a dedicated rig. After playing around with it a bit, I developed a modified method to twins load from a regular side saddle. I finally got around to shooting a video on it today.

For the number of shotgun threads there there have been on PF, I figured you guys might find it useful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YvUlfIOPrM

Very nice technique. I tried it last night and again this morning with a Velcro side saddle, and I couldn't get as clean of a grip on the shells as you were getting in the video. I think that is a definite advantage of your product over the Velcro cards.

As for your product, I've had a bad first hand experience with a side saddle that installed via replacing the action pins. I've seen your product first hand and was impressed, but I am still leery of such an attachment system. Have you seen any issues due to the installation? Anything different about your pins replacements that alleviate this?

SpyderMan2k4
06-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Very nice technique. I tried it last night and again this morning with a Velcro side saddle, and I couldn't get as clean of a grip on the shells as you were getting in the video. I think that is a definite advantage of your product over the Velcro cards.

As for your product, I've had a bad first hand experience with a side saddle that installed via replacing the action pins. I've seen your product first hand and was impressed, but I am still leery of such an attachment system. Have you seen any issues due to the installation? Anything different about your pins replacements that alleviate this?

The mounting system is still a concern, but only because of failures like you mention and not because of issues I've encountered or experienced.

In terms of different about the hardware I use vs what other companies use, I have no clue if anything is different to be honest- it's pretty similar to how tacstar mounts theirs. I'm hoping beta testers put enough rounds through it to get a solid answer, but I've heard no reports yet, and I never have had any failure or issues in over 550 rounds of 00/slugs in the 870, and over 750 through the 590.

jlw
06-09-2015, 08:14 AM
The mounting system is still a concern, but only because of failures like you mention and not because of issues I've encountered or experienced.

In terms of different about the hardware I use vs what other companies use, I have no clue if anything is different to be honest- it's pretty similar to how tacstar mounts theirs. I'm hoping beta testers put enough rounds through it to get a solid answer, but I've heard no reports yet, and I never have had any failure or issues in over 550 rounds of 00/slugs in the 870, and over 750 through the 590.

Thanks for the quick response. To be clear, I'm not slamming your product. My questions are out of genuine interest. One of your beta testers is very high on the QDC.

My issue with another company's product was very much an installation issue.

SpyderMan2k4
06-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the quick response. To be clear, I'm not slamming your product. My questions are out of genuine interest. One of your beta testers is very high on the QDC.

My issue with another company's product was very much an installation issue.
I hear ya, and I didn't take it that way at all so no worries.