PDA

View Full Version : Range day and new guns

Tooln
05-31-2015, 06:59 PM
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1167/4323122/24606329/411323082.jpg

It's been forever, or so it seems since I took off to shoot out here on the farm. Weathers been crappy, hell, I was starting to think this was Seattle (am in Oklahoma)... Anywho, I packed up my new 686+, the 45, and my 340's and off I went.

The 686 is new to me, it followed me home two weekends ago and I've been dying to shoot it, it sure didn't disappoint. It's not my first performance center gun but it was way beyond what I had expected. Buttery smooth DA pulls that broke with no anticipation. SA pulls that are undescribable. I'm pretty used to my J frames (the only other revolvers I own) and even though I work at not staging it just happens a lot for me. But not so at all with the 686. This is my first higher end revolver, and I believe the beginning of a love affair that will probably cost me plenty. I'm looking forward to it.

My time on the 340's was good but unremarkable. Burned 100 rounds at 15 yards, looking to improve my focus on sights. My eyes tend to split image, target on non dominant eye, sights on dominant. It works but I have to really force the front sight focus to shoot well. I believe I made a stride or two in the right direction.

Time on the 45 was simply an easy pleasure. It always is. It's the gun I shoot the best. 50 quick rounds and I called it quits.

With an upcoming week of sunshine and pleasant weather I suspect I'll be doing a lot more shooting each evening.

The Apprentice
05-31-2015, 07:47 PM
Love my 686 got it for a steel. Bought it used from gander mountain for 499 some one priced it wrong but they honered it. Not sure on all the speciffics but its pre lock and has an actual firing pin on the hammer. I will never let that one go. Beside if you have a zombie gun you should have a werewolf gun too.