PDA

View Full Version : Question for GSSF mavens...

LSP972
05-31-2015, 04:45 PM
My wife was just notified via letter that she won a pistol at the GSSF match we went to a month or so ago.

Does she get to pick what gun, or do "they" choose for you? How to go about redeeming this award is rather murky in the included paperwork; I'm taking it to a blue label dealer and seeing if he knows what to do.

Any advice appreciated…

Yeah, I know, I could find answers on GlockTalk. But that place makes my eyes bleed...

JHC
05-31-2015, 05:14 PM
A document from Glock comes in the mail with instructions incl how to designate which model is desired. Some models may have an up charge if chosen. This may include sending in a copy of your chosen FFL's license. Either way it's all explained. IIRC it takes about 12 weeks for the gun to ship.

foxj66
05-31-2015, 09:34 PM
The back of the certificate they send you list the upgrade charges. Gen 3 small frame guns are free except 34 and 35. The gen 4 upgrade is 35 dollars. I don't remember what the 34, 35 or large frame gun upgrade charge is. You can send a check or credit card and a copy of the FFL. Also it will list if you have to pay tax for your state or not.

Chuck Haggard
05-31-2015, 10:08 PM
I won such a certificate last year at the state IDPA match. Mine was for any Glock except the G18, for the G34/35, etc I had to pay the up charge, I picked a gen 3 G19 so everything was free.

The other guy that won got a certificate for a G17 specifically.

The paperwork should say which type it is.

Kyle Reese
05-31-2015, 10:12 PM
Glock 39 only. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LSP972
05-31-2015, 10:22 PM
The back of the certificate they send you list the upgrade charges.

That's what was confusing me. And, of course, the G43 isn't listed. But it does say to call if something new isn't on there.

Essentially, this is for me to decide. The wife is not the least bit interested; she has bought into the HK cult mentality 110%. She only shot the match because my grandson cancelled at the last minute, and I had already paid for us to shoot.

jlw
05-31-2015, 10:37 PM
For each of the five ( [emoji2] ) pistols I won through GSSF I was able to pick what I wanted. As others have stated, there are up charges for some things. As for the 43, as it sells for less than a standard model I wouldn't expect there to be an up charge for one.

LSP972
06-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks all; I'll "report" back when I get it all firmed up. The G42 is on that "list', at no up-charge. Trying to decide now whether to go with a 43 or another 19; one can never have too many 19s…

Mr_White
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM
For each of the five ( [emoji2] ) pistols I won through GSSF I was able to pick what I wanted. As others have stated, there are up charges for some things. As for the 43, as it sells for less than a standard model I wouldn't expect there to be an up charge for one.

:) Hi five!!!!

sqeeler
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Congrats and Great job, I won a few pistols in the past so the choosing can be the hard part sometimes.