PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M2 Tactical Semi-Auto 12 Gauge sShotgun

veteran-USMC
05-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Howdy! Recently bought a Benelli M2 Tactical Semi-Auto 12 Gauge shotgun. I was wondering if anyone has fired any low-recoil slugs through this shotgun? How reliable was the Brand you fired through this shotgun? Many thanks & keep shooting!

SamuelBLong
05-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Put your body weight behind the gun with a proper stance and it should function everything just fine... Even those Wal-Mart light #8 birdshot Federal and Winchester field loads.

I've shot Federal, Winchester, Brenneke, Rio, and numerous other brands of slugs and buckshot through the same inertia system in my M1 with good results. Full power or low recoil it doesn't matter, just get behind the gun when shooting, and let your gun have a good solid break-in period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veteran-USMC
05-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Put your body weight behind the gun with a proper stance and it should function everything just fine... Even those Wal-Mart light #8 birdshot Federal and Winchester field loads.

I've shot Federal, Winchester, Brenneke, Rio, and numerous other brands of slugs and buckshot through the same inertia system in my M1 with good results. Full power or low recoil it doesn't matter, just get behind the gun when shooting, and let your gun have a good solid break-in period.

Thank-you for your reply. Everyone I know is recommending low recoil slugs for faster repeat shots.

SamuelBLong
05-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Oh I definitely agree... There's only so much abuse I'm willing to take, even with a limbsaver pad on the gun. Faster follow ups and less flash are definitely a plus as well.

HCM
05-30-2015, 01:44 PM
I have a Bonelli M1 which I purchased back in 1988. I've run Winchester Ranger low recoil slugs through it without issue

joshs
05-30-2015, 05:41 PM

Holding an inertia operated Benelli too tight can cause more problems than it helps. The gun needs to move rearward quickly to compress the spring between the bolt and carrier.

SamuelBLong
05-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Not saying it can't happen, but the inertia system only needs roughly 1/4" of movement to function.

In my experience, it's almost impossible to isolate the gun that much.... And I'm a big guy. I have, on the other hand, seen where not enough mass behind the gun and too much movement during recoil cause issues with cycling.

Hambo
05-31-2015, 07:50 AM
Holding an inertia operated Benelli too tight can cause more problems than it helps. The gun needs to move rearward quickly to compress the spring between the bolt and carrier.

I hear that a lot, but it hasn't been my experience. I've run cases of low recoil slugs and buck through Benelli M1s without a problem. I even ran one with a Benelli mercury recoil reducer in the buttstock and it never choked on Federal low recoil.

veteran-USMC
06-01-2015, 08:47 PM
I hear that a lot, but it hasn't been my experience. I've run cases of low recoil slugs and buck through Benelli M1s without a problem. I even ran one with a Benelli mercury recoil reducer in the buttstock and it never choked on Federal low recoil.

Sounds like I just bought one heck of a reliable shotgun. Thanks for the information on low recoil slugs.