PDA

View Full Version : the new m&p .22 pistol- NOT AR style

irishshooter
08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
anyone been able to get their hands on one of the new m&p .22 pistols yet? wonder if it will be riddled with issues like the Walther p22 since it is being manufactured by Walther in Germany. Rumors abound regarding possible Apex conversion kit at some point. those who run an M&P would you get one of the new .22 pistols? since i primarily run a compact i dont know if the Apex conversionwould be for me for they, i imagine, will be producing full size kits only :(

agent-smith
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Haven't seen/handled one personally, but there is one on Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=248638365#PIC

(Don't know anything about the seller)

jslaker
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
The fact that it's not a .22 slide on a 9/40 frame pretty much killed my interest in it.

Tamara
09-03-2011, 11:54 AM
wonder if it will be riddled with issues like the Walther p22 since it is being manufactured by Walther in Germany.
Which means that it's yet another Zamak-slide-havin', wretched, pulsating ball of suck and fail designed and built by that notorious builder of starter pistols and tear gas guns, Umarex.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

How come Ruger can sell me an American-made 22/45 with a machined steel receiver that will outlive me for under $275 o.t.d. when Walther apparently feels that a fragile, malfunctioning piece of garbage that won't last two cases of ammo is worth over three bills?

Mitchell, Esq.
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Which means that it's yet another Zamak-slide-havin', wretched, pulsating ball of suck and fail designed and built by that notorious builder of starter pistols and tear gas guns, Umarex.

ROTFLMAO!

Opinions.

Tamara Has Them.

Tamara
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Luckily, Zamak makes for a slide light enough that when it hits the customer in the face, they only get a split lip and hardly ever sue.