PDA

View Full Version : New fundraising site

UNK
05-19-2015, 06:12 AM
I don't know how this is going to pan out. It is an interesting concept. I do believe that I have heard that some funding sites will not allow gun related items. Can anybody verify this?
Quoted from email:

"THIS WEEK Grassfire will be officially launching RallyBuilder with a major Rally on behalf of Aaron and Melissa Klein -- the owners of Sweet Cakes bakery who face a $135,000 fine because they refused to support a same-sex wedding. Then a few weeks ago, the Kleins were BANNED from the crowdfunding site, GoFundMe.

Now, RallyBuilder is partnering with the Kleins to help them fight for their religious liberties against an increasingly intolerant and anti-faith government system and private-sector businesses like GoFundMe.

But first, we must meet our RallyBuilder launch Rally.

As I noted, this afternoon we had reached 52% of our goal. I want to meet this Rally goal in the next 48 hours so we can launch the Rally for the Kleins and open up RallyBuilder to citizens across the country!

Brian, can I count on your help?

Go here to see our new crowdfunding site and to make a contribution of ANY AMOUNT to help us launch RallyBuilder and continue Grassfire's grassroots efforts: http://www.grassrootsaction.com/r.asp?U=576221&RID=35428637

We are thrilled that doors have opened to formally launch RallyBuilder with a major Rally on behalf of the Kleins. This couple is facing a two-front battle against anti-faith intolerance from both government officials and the private sector.

We must stand together!

We must Rally!

But first, I need your help to meet our RallyBuilder launch goal."

RoyGBiv
05-19-2015, 08:45 AM
"We can't help these otherpeople unless you help us help ourselves first"

Interesting approach. Smells bad.

UNK
05-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Your comment is in quotation marks so I assumed you pulled it from their website. However I can't find that exact quote anywhere on their website. The closest I could find is "We need you to help us… help you!" Can you clarify where you found that quote?

Also what smells? They state straight up they receive 3% of crowdfunding ideas. 5.9 % + transaction fee of .30cents. 2.9% going to the billing service it appears.

GoFundMe charges 8% " GoFundMe will deduct a 5% fee from each donation that you receive. Since our fee is deducted automatically, you'll never need to worry about being billed or owing us any money. A small processing fee of about 3% will also be deducted from each donation. Please see Pricing & Fees for more info."

Kickstarter Banned items list "Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories." 9-10% with five per cent refunded only if goals are met.

Indegogo 12% five % returned if goals are met.

"We can't help these otherpeople unless you help us help ourselves first"

Interesting approach. Smells bad.

RoyGBiv
05-19-2015, 09:50 AM
Your comment is in quotation marks so I assumed you pulled it from their website. However I can't find that exact quote anywhere on their website. The closest I could find is "We need you to help us… help you!" Can you clarify where you found that quote?

Also what smells?

Sorry.. I was "quoting" sarcastically. Should have made that more clear.

My first reaction when I read it was..... (quoting my own thoughts)
".... these guys are telling me that they won't be able to help out a sympathetic cause (bakery) unless I first pony up some cash for their own start up campaign... "

I wonder if the Bakery knows that they are being used as a shill for RallyBuilder? <<<----- Smelly part

UNK
05-19-2015, 10:53 AM
And that my friend is exactly why I post here. Email will be sent momentarily. Specifically in reference to the don't violate kickstarters policies.

UNK
05-19-2015, 11:21 AM
So I think this is an excellent idea, for firearms owners, sportsmen etc etc. Most of us are tinkerers. Lots of engineers. Guys who are out there shooting fishing hunting year round. I would think that lots of you guys have had ideas to make something better than what is currently offered or not offered at all. I have two working prototypes. There is the gadget. Clinch pick. Lots of opportunities and not currently being served by any fund starting services.

UNK
10-25-2015, 03:43 PM
No they never did.

I stumbled upon this again today and I noticed that the Don't offer prohibited items blurb in RallyBuilder's Terms of Use (http://www.rallybuilder.com/terms-of-use/) is still an exact copy of the same item from Kickstarter's Terms of Use (https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use) (including a reference to Kickstarter by name). I wonder if that is because they don't care or because RallyBuilder is really just a portal built on top of Kickstarter.

Did they ever respond to your email?

UNK
10-25-2015, 07:37 PM
I am seriously wondering what is going on with this website. Supposedly the founder Eric Odom runs a news network called Liberty News. Liberty News appears to have a strong interest in 2A rights, a conservative outlook. Apparently this website by Eric has him going to Israel one of his stories which is behind a paywall is http://www.libertynewsisrael.com/2015/03/31/premium-report-how-obama-designed-and-implemented-mass-chaos-to-pave-the-way-for-irans-total-control-of-the-middle-east-and-its-likely-eventual-war-with-israel/
Why so rabidly conservative and also not allowing any gun oriented ventures.