PDA

View Full Version : Versa Carry Holster

texasaggie2005
08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
What is y'alls thoughts on the Versa Carry (http://www.versacarry.com/)? Seems like a poor choice for some pistols, but maybe a decent, cheap option for others?

JV_
08-25-2011, 11:58 AM
No thanks.

Covering the trigger guard is one of the minimum requirements for my IWB holsters. I also don't want something that sticks in to my barrel, especially something that would likely melt with a hot muzzle/barrel during a range session.

LittleLebowski
08-25-2011, 12:02 PM
This is such a bad idea on so many levels........

texasaggie2005
08-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Just to be clear, I'm not promoting the product, just tossing out a product I haven't seen before.

It does say on the site about a Gen2 coming sometime with an optional trigger guard. Maybe after that, switch out the polymer rod with an aluminum one, and it'll be one step above a mexican carry if you're looking for a bare-bones minimal holster.

LittleLebowski
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
We know that, we are just throwing up big "avoid!" signs, TA.

ToddG
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Stupid. Period.

This is "let's do something different just to be different," not an actual improvement over a real holster.

Frank B
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
No thanks. A covered trigger guard is my minimum requirement for a holster.

DannyZRC
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Are you a gun hoarder that can afford to keep buying/flipping new guns year after year, but the 50$ bath you take reselling the holsters is breaking your back?

boy do they have the totally unsafe solution for you.

LittleLebowski
08-25-2011, 02:00 PM
For the cost of roughly 2.5 boxes of ammo more, you can get a Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy.

orionz06
08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
For the cost of roughly 2.5 boxes of ammo more, you can get a Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy.

And actually be able to sell it if you don't like it.

JFK
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
This seems the equivalent of shoving your piece down your pants. Im sure the guy in AZ with the hole in his junk can attest this would be a bad idea.

seabiscuit
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Looks to me like the snapping and clicking sounds in the video are completely fake. And reholstering would be next to impossible.

TCinVA
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
I hadn't really paid attention to these holsters until recently hearing of an incident where one fell apart on someone while they were trying to draw a weapon...which resulted in an unintentional discharge. In an AIWB position.

I keep seeing ads for these goofy things pop up on blogs, so I'll go ahead and say it:

Don't buy one of these ridiculous pieces of cheap nonsense. Buy a real holster that covers the trigger guard properly and that won't fall apart on you mid-draw. I would honestly almost prefer mexican carry to a versacarry because at least with the mexican carry method I'd have no delusions about whether or not I was actually using a holster.

WDW
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM
This holster looks like a bad joke or something off an episode of South Park. What a f***** stupid idea!!!!!!

helothar
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1k4CzsQeXA

Had to lol and facepalm at the same time, unfortunately I'd bet a lot of gun owners are just like the guy in the video.

ToddG
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Watched 60 seconds of the above video. Noted the following:

Reviewer does not yet even have a concealed carry license.
Reviewer feels he cannot adequately conceal his XD 40 Compact in a kydex holster.
Reviewer likes the Versa Carry.

This allowed me to draw a professional conclusion precluding the need to watch the rest of the video.

Wendell
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
12. Can a user carry with the Versacarry cocked and locked?

No, we do not recommend carrying cocked and locked. Like many in the firearm industry, we have adopted safety warnings that insure anyone who uses a firearm is safe. We can not know the level of firearm or safety training a user may have, so for safety, we recommend not carrying a loaded firearm. Any user should always fully read their firearm's instruction manual and carry under the manufacturers recommendations. (http://www.versacarry.com/frequently-asked-questions)

<http://www.versacarry.com/frequently-asked-questions>

TCinVA
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
If there was a plainer reason to not buy their crappy holster, I don't know what it would be.

LHS
04-12-2013, 12:17 PM
And yet, there's a banner add for VersaCarry at the top of the page whilst I Swype this...

ToddG
04-12-2013, 12:32 PM
And yet, there's a banner add for VersaCarry at the top of the page whilst I Swype this...

Just keep refreshing the page until you see an ad you like better. :cool:

LOKNLOD
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Occasionally I see the NRA, or Leupold scopes, but otherwise it's an endless stream of Ruger autos, Taurus, and Versacarry. :p On the bright side hopefully all the refreshing is helping hits go up on the ad counter.

Tamara
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
If someone wants to advertise their worthless crap on my page while I'm making fun of it, it's their money.

LOKNLOD
04-12-2013, 01:30 PM
If someone wants to advertise their worthless crap on my page while I'm making fun of it, it's their money.

yeah I don't mind at all, just find it humorous. Hopefully it's helping fund PFC :D

jetfire
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
It is.

Full disclosure: I'm the guy that sells the ad space on blogs and forums to companies like VC. Pistol-Forum is one of very few forums (as opposed to blogs) that I'd want to run my client's ads on specifically because even when people don't like a product here, they're professional generally adult about it.

LittleLebowski
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Still haven't seen the M&P 17 Warrior.

ToddG
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Still haven't seen the M&P 17 Warrior.

The ad for that is filtered so only cool people see it. Free pistol-training.com hat to the first person who gets a screen capture of the M&P 17 Warrior ad on the forum...