PDA

View Full Version : My new Beretta 92 INOX.

Trooper224
05-02-2015, 01:28 AM
I finished this one up a couple of days ago.
http://m1.i.pbase.com/o9/64/521964/1/159920131.kMkjck1F.INOX003.JPG
http://m0.i.pbase.com/g9/64/521964/2/159920140.HrSy8p0q.jpg

Pistol: BUSA 92FS INOX
Modifications
Wilson Combat parts:
Rear Battle Sight
Low profile Safety Lever
Extended Magazine Release
Steel Short Reset Trigger
Fluted Steel Guide Rod
Other Mods:
VZ Carbon Fiber Grips
19# 1911 Hammer Spring
NP3 Grip Screws

Of the three 92's I've done thus far this was the first US made gun. Judging from my three samples, as well as others I've handled across the gun counter, I'm going to give the nod to the US made guns regarding fit and finish. Overall this one was just a bit slicker out of the box than it's Italian counterparts. The introduction of the SRT Trigger and the 19# Hammer Spring resulted in a DA pull of seven pounds and an SA pull of three and a half. The DA is as smooth as glass and the SA has a very crisp break. Absolutely nothing to complain about there. My normal mode of concealment in the summer months consists of a polo or t-shirt, with a tank top serving as an under garment. In the really hot periods I'd like to dispense with the under shirt, but the textured G10 grips and the checkered mag release I used on my other two pistols make this uncomfortable. Consequently, I opted for a non-checked mag release and these smooth carbon fiber grips. These should cut down the abrasion a bit. Other than my fumbling and cussing with the mag release and the factory rear sight REALLY not wanting to move, both of which have been usual occurrences with this type, the mods went without incident. I had a two hundred round session with it tonight and accuracy was excellent, as was the POA/POI. Overall I'm very pleased with this one and I now have pistols for training, carry and a spare. The only difficulty will be firmly laying claim to this one as my wife has already taken a shine to it.

fixer
05-02-2015, 08:07 AM
Sweet. I picked up an inox for Christmas this year and it is a keeper. I'll agree that the US made 92s have a slight edge in QC. Of the 4 92s that I have, the Italian had the worst QC...but then again I bought it in the height of the post sandy-hook craziness.

LSP552
05-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Nice pistol! There was a time when you were considered a Communist if you didn't own a 1911. Are we there yet with the 92? Just wondering since it's been the service pistol now for a LONG time....and I'm feeling bad because I don't have one.

Hizzie
05-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Killing me dude. I can't pick up my Brig Tac till tomorrow.

Robinson
05-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Nice.

Trooper224
05-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Nice pistol! There was a time when you were considered a Communist if you didn't own a 1911. Are we there yet with the 92? Just wondering since it's been the service pistol now for a LONG time....and I'm feeling bad because I don't have one.

I hope so, since 92's now outnumber 1911's in my safe. ;)

GardoneVT
05-02-2015, 12:24 PM
A fabulous ensemble. It is missing only a spurless hammer .;)

Mitch
05-02-2015, 12:26 PM

I'll call you a commie if it pushes you over the hump to buy one [emoji3]

SLG
05-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Does a Vertec keep you from being pink, or only a 92?

Sigfan26
05-02-2015, 09:43 PM
I finished this one up a couple of days ago.
http://m1.i.pbase.com/o9/64/521964/1/159920131.kMkjck1F.INOX003.JPG
http://m0.i.pbase.com/g9/64/521964/2/159920140.HrSy8p0q.jpg

Pistol: BUSA 92FS INOX
Modifications
Wilson Combat parts:
Rear Battle Sight
Low profile Safety Lever
Extended Magazine Release
Steel Short Reset Trigger
Fluted Steel Guide Rod
Other Mods:
VZ Carbon Fiber Grips
19# 1911 Hammer Spring
NP3 Grip Screws

Of the three 92's I've done thus far this was the first US made gun. Judging from my three samples, as well as others I've handled across the gun counter, I'm going to give the nod to the US made guns regarding fit and finish. Overall this one was just a bit slicker out of the box than it's Italian counterparts. The introduction of the SRT Trigger and the 19# Hammer Spring resulted in a DA pull of seven pounds and an SA pull of three and a half. The DA is as smooth as glass and the SA has a very crisp break. Absolutely nothing to complain about there. My normal mode of concealment in the summer months consists of a polo or t-shirt, with a tank top serving as an under garment. In the really hot periods I'd like to dispense with the under shirt, but the textured G10 grips and the checkered mag release I used on my other two pistols make this uncomfortable. Consequently, I opted for a non-checked mag release and these smooth carbon fiber grips. These should cut down the abrasion a bit. Other than my fumbling and cussing with the mag release and the factory rear sight REALLY not wanting to move, both of which have been usual occurrences with this type, the mods went without incident. I had a two hundred round session with it tonight and accuracy was excellent, as was the POA/POI. Overall I'm very pleased with this one and I now have pistols for training, carry and a spare. The only difficulty will be firmly laying claim to this one as my wife has already taken a shine to it.

Where do I get the flat head grip screws?

GardoneVT
05-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Noticed BUSA is using straight dustcovers again,it seems.Odd as my own Brigadier uses a slanted design.

Trooper224
05-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Where do I get the flat head grip screws?

I found them on ebay. BUSA has them from time to time.

ReverendMeat
05-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Noticed BUSA is using straight dustcovers again,it seems.Odd as my own Brigadier uses a slanted design.

Only with the FS Inox and M9 AFAIK. The regular FS, G, and brig are still slanted.

rauchman
05-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Beautiful pistol. Congrats!

Was the SRT trigger a worthwhile upgrade? Did the SRT affect the trigger pull smoothness/weight?

Trooper224
05-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Beautiful pistol. Congrats!

Was the SRT trigger a worthwhile upgrade? Did the SRT affect the trigger pull smoothness/weight?

I think using a steel trigger is more beneficial than using the SRT specifically. Replacing the polymer trigger with a steel one took at least half a pound off the DA trigger pull in every pistol I've done, it also improved it's smoothness. This is due to the steel trigger's smoother bearing surfaces. Personally, I don't find the difference in reach the SRT provides to be significant. I chose the SRT on my first pistol simply because I was ordering most of the parts from Wilson, so I went with the SRT. It worked well enough so I used it in the next two for commonality of feel. Unless you have very short fingers I don't think the SRT will give you a significant improvement over a Beretta steel trigger.

rauchman
05-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I think using a steel trigger is more beneficial than using the SRT specifically. Replacing the polymer trigger with a steel one took at least half a pound off the DA trigger pull in every pistol I've done, it also improved it's smoothness. This is due to the steel trigger's smoother bearing surfaces. Personally, I don't find the difference in reach the SRT provides to be significant. I chose the SRT on my first pistol simply because I was ordering most of the parts from Wilson, so I went with the SRT. It worked well enough so I used it in the next two for commonality of feel. Unless you have very short fingers I don't think the SRT will give you a significant improvement over a Beretta steel trigger.

Appreciate the info.

My wife has a '94 92FS that has all steel parts. With a D spring and Elite II hammer, it's the best DA trigger I've yet experienced (can't say I've experienced all that many DA triggers though). I recently picked up a Vertec Inox. I've done the D spring swap (haven't gotten the Elite II hammer yet), and while lighter than stock, it doesn't get down to the trigger weight of my wife's gun. I'm looking forward to the M9A3 type grips becoming available. Not totally sold on the Vertec frame.

Did I mention your pistol looks great?

Trooper224
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Did I mention your pistol looks great?

Thanks!

45dotACP
05-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Sweet looking 92 Trooper. They are vastly underrated pistols IMO. Some of the softest shooting 9mms out there, scary accurate, and just damned good looking.

LockedBreech
05-06-2015, 09:53 PM
What a beauty. :)

ralph
05-08-2015, 01:39 PM

I just did this with my Vertec..I was unhappy with how the WC SRT fit (lateral and fore-aft slop) and bought a Beretta steel trigger and a elite II hammer...Wow! what a difference! Very smooth and the DA pull was dropped a little. Now, I'm really starting to like these Beretta's.. I mean, what's not to like? Easy to work on, Mags very reasonably priced, and plenty of them, Parts readily available, They work right out of the box, (one of the reasons I bought HK's) While the 92 may be a old design, and there are probably better pistols available, they certainly are no slouch's. They are excellent platform to learn a DA/SA pistol on..

El Cid
05-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Fantastic pistol! That's the only pistol I ever craved in stainless finish. It's on my list of must haves.