PDA

View Full Version : Body camera footage of attempted stabbing of LEO

LittleLebowski
04-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Story (http://www.policeone.com/police-products/body-armor/articles/8531876-Video-NC-suspect-attacks-deputy-with-knife)

And for those that just want to see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYjwC1vVbMI

Gadfly
04-24-2015, 07:44 AM
This is another video that will hurt officers in the future. The taser shot was almost a contact shot, so the darts have a 1" spread. There was zero electro muscular disruption in that shot. It was pain compliance, not an inability to move. The officer is very lucky to be alive. So is the crook.

Deadly force threat = deadly force response.

I am glad everyone went home alive, but that was due to sheer luck.

KeeFus
04-24-2015, 07:51 AM
This is another video that will hurt officers in the future. The taser shot was almost a contact shot, so the darts have a 1" spread. There was zero electro muscular disruption in that shot. It was pain compliance, not an inability to move. The officer is very lucky to be alive. So is the crook.

^^^This.

Chuck Haggard
04-24-2015, 08:02 AM
I concur strongly with ^this^ assessment.

voodoo_man
04-24-2015, 08:24 AM
May be wrong.

Looks like officer pulled his taser since it was closest to his hand, maybe by default for an "unknown" situation unfolding.

BaiHu
04-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Thanks for sharing and the comments.

Coyotesfan97
04-24-2015, 02:29 PM
If you have a contact shot and you can touch the Taser cartridge to another point of the body (like the small of the back) you'll get the disruption you want. The suspect was in a perfect position for that.

Like the others have said sheer luck prevented serious injuries.

LSP552
04-25-2015, 08:44 AM
This is another video that will hurt officers in the future.

Luck should never be a tactic. Unfortunately, every time luck wins, it moves the bar on expectations.

Beat Trash
04-25-2015, 09:07 AM
"By the grace of God and dumb luck is no way to go through life." I've been telling my officers this in roll call for years.

voodoo_man
04-25-2015, 09:11 AM
"By the grace of God and dumb luck is no way to go through life." I've been telling my officers this in roll call for years.

.....sarge?

BehindBlueI's
04-25-2015, 10:48 AM

I think he shot him earlier than it appears. One dart is clearly in the left nipple area and the other appears to be in the right pec. Look at 42 seconds. I think momentum carried the guy a bit, but he was locking up.

Luck plays more of a role in most of our encounters than we care to admit. I'm not going to MMQ the officer. We don't see what HE sees, we see what his PARTNER sees, nor do we know if his partner had deadly force at the ready. Maybe the guy who's wearing the glasses had his pistol out? That would explain why he doesn't close the gap and help his partner who's hands on.