PDA

View Full Version : Man Shoots Computer

Chance
04-21-2015, 05:59 PM
A national epidemic of insufficient access to mental health tech support has ended in tragedy. According to Colorado Springs' The Gazette (http://gazette.com/man-shoots-computer-in-colorado-springs-alley-gets-revenge-he-wanted-and-a-citation/article/1550042):

"He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months," Lt. Jeff Strossner said. "He was having technology problems, so he took it out in the back alley and shot it."
Hinch shot it eight times, Strossner said, "effectively disabling it."

The computer is not expected to recover.

According to BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32407688), humanity's last bastion of serious journalism:

He did not realise [sic] he was breaking the law when he went "Wild West" on his machine, local media reported.

The BBC's generic stock photo of a man in a bright orange long-sleeved shirt screaming at a computer screen is captioned, "Some academics argue that 'computer rage' is becoming increasingly common" and goes on to cite exactly no articles to substantiate that statement. In addition, the BBC's identifies the town as, "...[T]he US city of Colorado."

SeriousStudent
04-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Work is like that some days.

Artemas
04-21-2015, 08:50 PM
I imagine this happens more often than is reported.

Malamute
04-21-2015, 09:17 PM
I imagine this happens more often than is reported.

Probably so.

I recall hearing of a guy that decided to ride his bike to work. He couldnt believe all the cell phones he saw in the ditch along the road. Computer rage cant be far from cell rage.

LHS
04-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Lord knows I've shot a few of mine, albeit in legal venues.

LOKNLOD
04-22-2015, 12:01 AM
Probably so.

I recall hearing of a guy that decided to ride his bike to work. He couldnt believe all the cell phones he saw in the ditch along the road. Computer rage cant be far from cell rage.

My dad has some nerve damage that occasionally causes him to spasm a bit. One day he was using his phone while driving slowly through town, and had a jerk that caused him to toss his phone out the window.... He went back and got it, though.

da6dspanburg
04-22-2015, 07:37 AM
I haven't shot any I work on, but I have been known to threaten them with taking them up to the top floor of my office building and introducing them to gravity....

Irelander
04-22-2015, 09:22 AM
I suffered with a flaky computer for years in college. When I graduated I brought it home and took my frustrations on it. I can't tell you how much fun it was to blast that thing to oblivion. I still find pieces of it on our home range and it brings a smile to my face.

MichaelD
04-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Ballistic maintenance apparently works wonders. Looks like it worked even better than percussive maintenance.

Peally
04-22-2015, 09:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLk-3HPS12Q

olstyn
04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Can't say I've ever acted out that scene from Office Space, but I once brought some name tags from a job I hated and quit to the range. That was just about the most therapeutic trip to the range I've ever had.

gopbert
04-22-2015, 10:52 AM
I had a great laugh showing this to my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigguy
04-22-2015, 11:45 AM
After an upgrade, we retired a bunch computers. (first gen Mac Minis) We really did plan to take them out the the gun range and decommission* them. Unfortunately, our gun range doesn't allow that. Only approved targets.

* 115 grain 9MM FMJ through the hard drive.

45dotACP
04-22-2015, 11:46 PM
I haven't shot any I work on, but I have been known to threaten them with taking them up to the top floor of my office building and introducing them to gravity....

Well shit...it's called "windows" for a reason.

You throw them through the windows on the top floor.

NerdAlert
04-23-2015, 07:46 AM
* 115 grain 9MM FMJ through the hard drive.

Not to start a caliber war, but shotguns are much more satisfying than pistols and rifles for shooting electronics.

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

41magfan
04-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Let that be a warning to all of the other inanimate objects out there ......

BobLoblaw
04-23-2015, 11:43 PM
We put tannerite inside one of the old crappy curved glass/box-style computer monitors. Setup/blowup would've been a great montage scene. Esp. w/ Danger Zone playing in the background.

LHS
04-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Turkish surplus 7.92 Mauser does awesome things to printer toner cartridges.

Bigguy
04-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Turkish surplus 7.92 Mauser does awesome things to printer toner cartridges.

We need video.

LHS
04-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Sadly, it was about 14 years ago.