PDA

View Full Version : NoVA KSTG @ NRA 21-April-2015

joshs
04-17-2015, 08:47 PM
KSTG match
Tuesday 21-April-2015
$25
Estimated Round Count: 50-80
Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

KSTG rules are available here: http://kstghq.com/rulebook/

LJD
04-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Filled uo quick! I'm wait listed any time from 6-8. Very glad it's so popular. Always a well run match.

joshs
04-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Provisional rule changes. These will be in effect for this match.

No 5 inch barrel rule. If it fits in the box and meets the other equipment rules, then it is legal.

For purposes of the cover engagement order rule, targets have to be engaged with the appropriate number of rounds rather than neutralized. A shooter will also not receive a target engagement order cover penalty if the shooter bypasses a threat target and less than 50% of the threat target's A zone is visible from the shooter's position.

A shooter may not receive more than a 20 second penalty from a single non-threat target.

The trigger pull measurement is made from the middle of the trigger.

JV_
04-19-2015, 08:31 PM
No 5 inch barrel rule. If it fits in the box and meets the other equipment rules, then it is legal.

I can't believe I'm reading this...

Mjohn3006
04-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Provisional rule changes. These will be in effect for this match.

For purposes of the cover engagement order rule, targets have to be engaged with the appropriate number of rounds rather than neutralized. A shooter will also not receive a target engagement order cover penalty if the shooter bypasses a threat target and less than 50% of the threat target's A zone is visible from the shooter's position.

A shooter may not receive more than a 20 second penalty from a single non-threat target.

The trigger pull measurement is made from the middle of the trigger.

So a standard 1911 is a no go?

joshs
04-20-2015, 07:40 AM
So a standard 1911 is a no go?

No, sorry. I meant the prior rule that prohibited pistols with greater than 5 inch barrels is not going to be in effect for this match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

LittleLebowski
04-20-2015, 10:05 AM
I can't believe I'm reading this...

I guess I need to go buy a G34 :D

cclaxton
04-21-2015, 11:25 AM
I guess I need to go buy a G34 :D
You are welcome to borrow mine for the match.
Cody

LittleLebowski
04-21-2015, 11:31 AM
You are welcome to borrow mine for the match.
Cody

I absolutely appreciate the offer but Master's swimming takes priority tonight.

richiecotite
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
In @ 5.

Will the range let me borrow/rent ear pro? I have foam plugs just in case.

kle
04-21-2015, 01:50 PM
In @ 5.

Will the range let me borrow/rent ear pro? I have foam plugs just in case.

Yup, they have earmuffs and safety glasses you can borrow.

Mjohn3006
04-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the match! That was a really fun one. I liked the high round count and so many targets.

zeroflux
04-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the match! That was a really fun one. I liked the high round count and so many targets.

Ditto to what MJ said. I had really mixed results during this match. Placed 8th and 4th respectively for the first two stages, but then completely sucked in stages 3 & 4 (slower time combined with FTN's and No Shoots). Since MJ had virtually identical time on Stage 4 as me but without the hits on no-shoots) I can surmise that I would have come in 9th for that Stage with a little more judicious marksmanship. I think the angles on the larger two stages made it more difficult and slowed me down.

That said, I am still super happy and a bit surprised by my times on Stage 2. Since Practiscore only shows combined time (14.27) and I only have the time for the second run called out in the video footage (6.67)
I can use my magical math skills to figure out that my first run was 7.60 sec

Looking at the past 8 or so matches I've shot (including the now defunct USPSA VA-27 and IDPA) I have been dropping in the overall rankings to middle of the pack, but I always seem to have very irregular performance where my performance in one or two stages really mess me up for the overall. Its really hard even with extensive video footage to identify what needs work (usually its my speed rather than accuracy, or specific things like weak hand only shooting or my complete lack of Yoga skills/ability to shoot through low ports and odd positions).

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=50669F91-107F-49E4-89DB-9C9EF3227E36&page=matchCombined

cclaxton
04-22-2015, 09:04 AM
It's hard to believe I shot faster than Jordan, but my raw time on Stage 2 was .09s faster. Too bad I had one down-1, otherwise I would have beat him on that. Did he take extra shots or flub a reload?
Cody

joshs
04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
It's hard to believe I shot faster than Jordan, but my raw time on Stage 2 was .09s faster. Too bad I had one down-1, otherwise I would have beat him on that. Did he take extra shots or flub a reload?
Cody
A bunch of extra shots on string 2, and he was reloading from a pocket. His score should actually be listed as (SWS), which is why he has the additional 1000 seconds added to his score. He did do two 2.3 second reloads from a pocket, which I thought was super impressive.

LJD
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
It was a fun and safe match. I am always humbled to shoot with really good shooters, and to see Josh's times. Definite motivation to practice.

JRM83
04-22-2015, 06:49 PM
A bunch of extra shots on string 2, and he was reloading from a pocket. His score should actually be listed as (SWS), which is why he has the additional 1000 seconds added to his score. He did do two 2.3 second reloads from a pocket, which I thought was super impressive.

Josh, thanks for the positive feedback. It was a great match and I had a lot of fun. The USPSA themed stages were a blast. I was really satisfied with my stage plan and execution on stage 1 until about 8 seconds after I holstered my pistol. That's the great thing about KSTG though - you get a lot of good feedback on what you need to improve as a shooter.

Cody you had smoking run on stage 2. Quick draw, fast splits, and a smooth reload. There was a lot of good techniques in your shooting to learn from. I need to get some pointers from you on doing reloads from concealment.

Tons of fun as always, thanks for the great Tuesday evening to everyone who participated. See you next time!

kle
04-27-2015, 04:12 PM
cut together the video; thanks again for a fun evening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga169pb5CAM

zeroflux
05-03-2015, 12:53 AM
Stage 2 of the KSTG Match two weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEeVNAoHWmk