PDA

View Full Version : Good example of staying heads up while in the cop car

Chuck Haggard
04-01-2015, 10:13 AM
http://www.policeone.com/officer-survival/articles/8502020-Video-Ariz-cop-escapes-death-as-gunman-attempts-to-sneak-up-behind-him/

Video also shows suspect's .357mag, which for the revolver nerds like me is a bit different than the norm

BehindBlueI's
04-01-2015, 10:36 AM
I know I've been the guy on the perimeter so focused on what's in front of me, or so bored and losing focus entirely, that had it been me it could have went badly. The in car computers taking over more function over the radio (running your own plates vs calling them in, etc.) only exacerbates that. Good on the officer for sure. You have to wonder if it wasn't suicide by cop on some level or if it was an ambush that failed.

Peally
04-01-2015, 10:51 AM
They really need to show the actual shooting and hits parts on these videos (they're not even graphic half the time compared to the horrible crap TV shows get away with). I feel like everyone from the reporters to the anchor lady to the viewers just watched this with no concept that it actually happened in the same world or universe they live in.

Good shoot on his part, glad he noticed the movement in the mirror. I think everyone can attest to going condition white in a vehicle when you have to sit for long hours.

Chuck Whitlock
04-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Video also shows suspect's .357mag, which for the revolver nerds like me is a bit different than the norm

Ruger Security-Six with a vent-rib barrel. Pretty sure that wasn't a factory option.

Totem Polar
04-01-2015, 02:54 PM
One habitual danger scan away from a very different ending, most likely. A good lesson for all.

Maple Syrup Actual
04-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Probably just another JBT murdering an OC enthusiast who was out there protecting and advancing everyone's rights. Sure, maybe he had some domestic trouble, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have constitutional rights.

Just one more step in the march towards Obama's FEMAncentration camps.

BJJ
04-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Probably just another JBT murdering an OC enthusiast who was out there protecting and advancing everyone's rights. Sure, maybe he had some domestic trouble, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have constitutional rights.

Just one more step in the march towards Obama's FEMAncentration camps.

Well played, sir.