PDA

View Full Version : New Gaston Glock Knives.

JBP55
03-31-2015, 08:14 PM
New Gaston Glock Knives.

Gaston Glock Barrel Knives

Gaston J. Glock is making limited edition damascus knives with renowned blacksmith, Balbach. The knives are extremely limited. The reason? The metal used to make these knives are made from the competition Glock 35 barrels of World Champion shooter, Dave Sevigny. Two of the three barrels were used to win USPSA National Championships. The third barrel is from his practice gun that he used to prepare for the matches.

Barrel1

This pistol was used to win the 2005 USPSA Limited-10 Nationals and 2006 USPSA Limited Nationals, which represented Sevigny’s 4th and 6th USPSA National Championship wins. Both of these Nationals were hosted at the PASA Park in Quincy, Ill. and were composed of 18 stages with over 350 competitors participating across all divisions. The Limited-10 division differentiates itself from the regular limited division by limiting shooters to ten rounds per magazine. Sevigny also won several other regional and state level championships using this same barrel.

Once a barrel, now transformed into a stunning knife, the first knife in the collection features a contrasting blue and green mammoth molar handle, shot through with streaks of white, creating a beautiful compliment to the 320 layer Damascus Steel Blade.

Barrel2

Blade composition includes the pistol barrel Dave Sevigny used to win the 2008 USPSA Limited-10 Nationals at the US Shooting Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma and later the 2009 USPSA Limited-10 Nationals at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club in Boulder City, NV. The wins marked Dave’s 8th and 9th USPSA National championships. On top of the National Championships, Dave used this barrel for practice, training and to win several other regional and state level championships.

This all-purpose hunting knife is as functional as it is beautiful. The finger grooves in the hardened ivory handle make this blade as easy in the hand as it is on the eyes; the full-tang Damascus blade provides near perfect stability.

Barrel3

Blade composition includes the pistol barrel Dave Sevigny used to practice and train for his competitions. Perhaps the simplest of the gun barrels has produced the most striking of the three knives. The same 320 layer Damascus steel blade is the soul of this knife, with the same form and function as knives one and two. Where this knife shines is the dark stained handle, made from Mammoth Molar Rind, the rich dark brown flashing in contrast to the beautifully patterned blade.

All three knives are unique, with individual serial numbers; and come complete with a traditionally crafted saddle leather scabbard. Only GASTON J. GLOCK style LP carries these exclusive knives, and these are the only three on the planet.

These knives can be yours for $3,900 – $4,500 each. Go to Gaston Glock’s website for more info.

RJ
04-01-2015, 05:37 AM
Awesome, sign me up.

But the ones from the Battleship Tirpitz are only $1,995, better value, huh? :cool:

:)

JHC
04-01-2015, 07:11 AM
So I've been wondering, what is the connection if any between Glock the pistol company and this Gaston Glock outfit?

DI1
04-01-2015, 10:18 AM
I really hope this is an April Fools joke!
Gun barrels do not make good knife blades, even when made by renown blacksmith "Ballbag" ! :)

okie john
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
I think it's going to be safe to ignore the interwebs for a few days.

Okie John

jetfire
04-01-2015, 05:54 PM
I think it's going to be safe to ignore the interwebs for a few days.

Okie John

The knives are real. I know because I wrote that press release.