PDA

View Full Version : Who has mod'ed a CCC Shaggy?

bobdavis
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I have a question about changing my Shaggy a bit. I would like to cut out the area that covers the magazine catch so I can get to it without having to unholster. Has anyone done this? How does it look? What were the steps? Any drawbacks to doing it?

I've already changed it a bit to fit the Vickers mag catch (a Glock 19) which went pretty well, but the more I have it, the more I wish I could pop the magazine while the pistol was holstered. Is this a bad/good plan?

Thanks -
Bob

orionz06
08-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Wouldn't you increase the risk of popping the mag out inadvertently?

seabiscuit
08-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Wouldn't you increase the risk of popping the mag out inadvertently?

I carry a G26 IWB at 4 o'clock with an uncovered mag release and I've never prematurely popped a mag.

JFK
08-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Interested in this as well. I use a Shaggy with my 1911. Giving the 8 rounds in a mag sometimes I like to switch them out when training or classes, or whatever and would like to get the the mag release without having to un holster or use two hands to slightly un holster and top off.

TCinVA
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
I've never had to unholster to do an admin reload in the holster. I just pull the pistol up enough for the mag release to clear kydex and then operate it.

JV_
08-18-2011, 06:58 AM
I've never had to unholster to do an admin reload in the holster. I just pull the pistol up enough for the mag release to clear kydex and then operate it.+1

I increase the clearance around the mag catch, my current shaggy rests against it when fully inserted. I also tweak the dust shield for a Vickers mag catch.

turbolag23
08-18-2011, 08:55 AM
I've never had to unholster to do an admin reload in the holster. I just pull the pistol up enough for the mag release to clear kydex and then operate it.

thanks, ill have to try that. i was thinking the same thing as the OP.

SLG
08-18-2011, 09:37 AM
I usually prefer an uncovered mag catch, this was an oversight on the the Shaggy. However, at least with the stock mag catches that I use, I have never had a problem just pushing on the kydex and releasing the mag that way. Maybe we'll have to see about making them without the "catch cover" in the future.

JFK
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM

This is what I mean. However I would like to get to the release without lifting it a bit. My holster also seems to ride a bit lower than the others I have seen, however that could be the 1911 because every other shaggy I have seen has been for a Glock or P30.

Ga Shooter
08-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I have never had a problem just pushing on the kydex and releasing the mag that way.

It really does not take much pressure at all. this is what I have always done.

turbolag23
08-19-2011, 07:57 AM
It really does not take much pressure at all. this is what I have always done.

i cant release the mag this way. probably due to it being a left handed setup.