PDA

View Full Version : Rem 1100 screw in choke

UNK
03-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Just picked up a police trade in remington 1100 with ribbed barrel. The guy at the counter told me the barrel had been cut off with a hacksaw. I thought he was joking. There is a burr on the inside of the barrel that could cut you. I'm wondering if this has ever been shot. Anyway I thought it might be a good idea to get a screw in choke installed. I know zip about this. I would like to be able to shoot slugs through this as well. Any recommendations on where to send it?

SLG
03-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Not to me:-)

UNK
03-23-2015, 09:19 PM
haha :p

Not to me:-)

HCM
03-24-2015, 10:04 AM
You may want to do some price comparisons. It may be cheaper to simply get an aftermarket or used replacement barrel already cut for screw-in choke tubes.

Seven_Sicks_Two
03-25-2015, 04:59 AM
You may want to do some price comparisons. It may be cheaper to simply get an aftermarket or used replacement barrel already cut for screw-in choke tubes.

This.

Or just knock the burr off with a needle file/emery board/sandpaper and see how it shoots. If that doesn't work, you're still not any worse off than where you started.

UNK
03-25-2015, 05:21 AM
I've found a guy who does chokes. His price is a hundred bucks aprox to install choke and a fiber optic front sight including the price of the choke and shipping. 2-3 weeks turn around.

This.

Or just knock the burr off with a needle file/emery board/sandpaper and see how it shoots. If that doesn't work, you're still not any worse off than where you started.