PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Nordic Components?

OlongJohnson
03-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Greetings, all! I came here through the "Beretta 1301 Tactical" mega-thread.

Want to add some Nordic Comp goodies. Local shops are useless for stuff so specialized. Having real trouble finding any online retailers selling them. Midway has very limited selection. Are there any better ways to go than direct?

DocGKR
03-15-2015, 01:46 PM
What's wrong with directly purchasing from Nordic?

GJM
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM
I have bought direct, taking advantage of their technical expertise on several occasions.

EricM
03-15-2015, 09:17 PM
I've only bought a few Nordic items but didn't find much of a price difference from one place to the other, if that's what you're after. I've ordered Nordic stuff from MidwayUSA and Cactus Tactical.

OlongJohnson
03-17-2015, 08:17 PM
What's wrong with directly purchasing from Nordic?

Most of the time, when a manufacturer sells direct, they sell at full MSRP. This is so they don't compete with their dealers, even if the normal street price or a Minimum Advertised Price is lower. This makes the product available in the event that a customer really needs it right away and can't wait for his local dealer to order it, or if local dealers are unwilling to order it, and makes low-volume and service parts that don't fit well into a distribution business model available to keep systems up and running. But you'd only buy from them if you didn't have a better option, and they'd really rather you get the items through distribution. So I was just asking if there is a better option for Nordic Components that I hadn't been able to find yet.

ranger
03-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Midway has some Nordic on sale now

ASH556
03-18-2015, 08:47 AM
The bottom Benelli in this pic wears Nordic gear. I bought it all from Brownells.com. Lots of the 3gun specific dealers carry Nordic too, like CPWSA.com and Makereadyproshop.com

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/ASH556/6B4B7A8F-D787-4F9D-9D68-D0D028A0D4F4.jpg