PDA

View Full Version : Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

SpyderMan2k4
03-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce my company, ARID Products, and our flagship product, the Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC). I'm not trying to spam for the sake of selling stuff (we are still pre-production and have nothing to sell), I just wanted you guys be able to see what's coming... mostly so I put pressure on myself to get things moving quickly! If pictures are worth a thousand words, video is an an encyclopedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbcwVGDTdxY

Alpha testing is rapping up, and once a few tweaks and changes are implemented, we will begin beta testing. I can't comment yet on expected MSRP, there are just too many variables associated with production costs at this point. We plan to have this available in 12 gauge for the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500/590. We aren't ruling out other models or calibers down the road, but that's where we plan to start. While the magazines in the video are black, we plan to have a variety of colors available- both to match furniture as well as using for load differentiation (different colored magazines for different loads).

The easiest way to see updates as we progress through development is via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ARIDProducts) and Instagram (arid_products) as our website isn't up yet. Thanks for checking it out! I'll do my best to answer any questions or inquiries!

Chuck Haggard
03-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I got to check this out at Paul-E and at Tac, even had a bit of input on tweeking the design, it's a very solid idea, and I hope Adam sells a bazillion of them.

I can't wait to get one myself.

blake_g
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
That. Looks. SWEET!!!

Nice to see the Dozen isn't being totally ignored, still a very viable power tool albeit within a specialized spectrum...

SpyderMan2k4
03-05-2015, 04:38 PM
A specialized spectrum indeed. This won't allow a shotgun to replace an AR, but it makes it a more viable option. For example, there are a LOT of police departments or just individual officers that don't have patrol rifles. This gives them more options.

Peally
03-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Awesome that it mounts using existing pin points (if I heard that correctly), I generally don't like drilling holes in my shotguns so I'm relegated to those velcro things.

When does the M2 version come out :D

SpyderMan2k4
03-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Awesome that it mounts using existing pin points (if I heard that correctly), I generally don't like drilling holes in my shotguns so I'm relegated to those velcro things.

When does the M2 version come out :D
Correct, no permanent modifications will need to be made. Once the 870 and 500/590 models are squared away and released, the M2 is high on my list of additional models to develop for. That doesn't mean it'll happen, but I LOVE the M2 and want a Q-DC for one probably more than anyone lol.

DocGKR
03-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Benelli M2 and Beretta 1301 would be nice to have...

HopetonBrown
03-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Honest question: what does this do that Velcro on my receiver + elastic shell cards don't do?

SpyderMan2k4
03-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Honest question: what does this do that Velcro on my receiver + elastic shell cards don't do?
It gives the user consistency, durability, and reliability. Velcro gets clogged with dirt, snow, etc., causing it to not stick well, if at all. The more you rip it, the faster it wears out. When elastic starts wearing out shells start dropping under recoil. Slapping Velcro on the side does not give the same exact location and angle every time. The Q-DC is faster to change out.

They both do pretty much the same job, but the Q-DC does it in a more refined manner. There are a lot of issues associated with Velcro and elastic, especially depending on conditions, so this is a mechanical solution to those issues.

SpyderMan2k4
03-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Noted!

RevolverRob
03-06-2015, 06:18 PM
It gives the user consistency, durability, and reliability. Velcro gets clogged with dirt, snow, etc., causing it to not stick well, if at all. The more you rip it, the faster it wears out. When elastic starts wearing out shells start dropping under recoil. Slapping Velcro on the side does not give the same exact location and angle every time. The Q-DC is faster to change out.

They both do pretty much the same job, but the Q-DC does it in a more refined manner. There are a lot of issues associated with Velcro and elastic, especially depending on conditions, so this is a mechanical solution to those issues.

Not a tester/shill/salesman for Adam (I just think this is a damn good design and can't wait to get one), but I can see a definitive advantage he neglected to mention in his post above. When loaded with shells these things are sized to fit into standard AR mag pouches. Presumably if you have an AR mag taco pouch, you can pull your elastic cord over to secure the Q-DC mag. Or if you pack a go-bag that holds AR mags, you can substitute Q-DC mags in their place.

This opens up, for those of us who prefer shotguns, a whole host of already capable gear. It allows considerable modularity. I have been holding back, for years, on using a shotgun as a regular go-to gun for travel, because there wasn't a good way to regularly carry 'enough' spare ammo. I have tried a lot of options. There are game/sporting clays type bags and vests where you just dump rounds loose into a bag, which doesn't keep them oriented or help you get the gun loaded. There are "speed loaders" that usually require modification to the gun to use. And there are bandoliers, elastic and nylon shotgun "cards" that hold from 6-12 rounds each those options are big, bulky, and floppy and don't really offer a lot of advantage over just a box of shells.

Of course the main source of spare ammo for a shotgun is on the gun, but the Q-DC offers a sturdy, compact, option that can utilize pre-existing gear more fully than old options, to refill that gun-mounted spare ammo. And that is brilliant, in my estimation.

-Rob

Chuck Haggard
03-06-2015, 11:59 PM
What Adam and Revolver said are spot on. The minute Adam showed me his shell gadget at Paul-E last year I was so thinking "Why in the hell did I never think of that?"

SpyderMan2k4
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM
This weekend was largely spent working on the website (still under construction, but getting closer). On Saturday, a friend and I spent about 8 hours working on the actual site itself (Wordpress is awesome... until you want to do something that it wasn't specifically built for). Today I spent a bit of time with Tom of Dark Star Gear to take some photos of the Q-DC for the website.

It'll be a little while before the website launches, but I'm pretty excited about how well this photo turned out, so I thought I'd share. This particular photo shows magazine release and the serial number window (for those that need to inventory, such as military or law enforcement).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/11034711_10108286658851124_1445783366_o_zpsnezodl9 z.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/11034711_10108286658851124_1445783366_o_zpsnezodl9 z.jpg.html)

Chuck Whitlock
03-10-2015, 01:48 PM

Noted!

Would the M2 be compatible with an M1S90?

SpyderMan2k4
03-10-2015, 01:54 PM
To be honest I really don't know. I don't know what the similarities or differences there are between each model's receivers.

SpyderMan2k4
05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Just thought I'd post a little update:

There have been a number of tweaks and changes to design since the last posting. I'm really pleased with where the current design is. A lot of rounded edges and chamfers have been added to get rid of some of the "sharp" corners. The mounting holes are bottomed (instead of through) so the screws cannot be overtightened (which is an issue with some rigid side saddles and can result in a pinched receiver which can bind the action). The back side of the Receiver Adapter has been skeletonized to further reduce weight.

All of the aluminum parts have been hard coat anodized to mil spec (at least that's what the anodizer tells me) and the steel latch has been parkerized.

About a week and a half ago I was able to finally start sending out units for beta testing. A total of 7 went out to different people across the country with different backgrounds, so I'm definitly excited to get feedback from a variety of individuals before hopefully getting into production.

In addition to the beta testing for the 870 models, I've recently started alpha testing for a Mossberg 500/590 model. There's definitely been a couple challenges getting it tweaked for the differences in receivers, but it seems pretty promising so far. I'm hoping to wrap up alpha testing in 6 weeks or so and move to beta testing sometime in July. Those beta testers will have extra work to do to try to play catchup with the Remington testers in hopes of being able to release each model simultaneously.

Peally
05-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Cool stuff!

SLG
05-18-2015, 05:15 PM
I prefer 4 shells on the receiver to 6, but I'm excited to try this out nonetheless. I think the big question is how much will the extra shell holders cost? That will make it or break it as a means to carry lots of ammo...

SpyderMan2k4
05-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Exact MSRP for the magazines will be dependent on the resin ultimately chosen for molding (most other variables have been figured out). Without giving numbers, the goal is to keep price around what a high end pistol mag might run (granted that's a broad range, but if people are understanding of the pistol mag prices, hopefully they'll be understanding of the Q-DC mag prices.)

SLG
05-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Spyderman2k4,

Not to pick nits, but this is P-F, after all:-)

Why do you call it a magazine? That already has a definition, and "thing that holds shotgun shells handy for manual reloading" is not it. I know some will see that as petty, or condescending, but I think it is important. Clips are not magazines, and these devices are closer to a clip than a magazine. "Detachable shell holder" seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to call it, while accurately describing its function. A Saiga 12 is a shotgun that has detachable magazines. 870's and 590's do not.

By high end pistol mag, do you mean HKP7 prices? I suspect that will be too high a cost to try and bring the shotgun back to relevance in 2015, but I could be wrong. If it takes off, then no worries. Magpul will make their own for $10:-)

SpyderMan2k4
05-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Not P7 prices. In the range of what a Tac Star side saddle runs.

Per the use of the word magazine, I understand that it doesn't fit the definition, and I don't find your comment condescending at all, so no worries! I use "magazine" more to convey usability and possibilities. They detach via a mechanical release. They can be carried in mag pouches. Multiple can be carried. It made sense to me at least ;)

SLG
05-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, like I said, I'm looking forward to trying one out. Though I don't consider the shotgun to be very relevant in the anti personnel role today, I love shooting shotguns, and I love reloading shotguns, so I'm looking forward to this.

Chuck Haggard
05-18-2015, 09:20 PM
SLG, Adam tells me I'll be beta testing one for the Mossberg soon, so you'll get a chance to see one in person.

SLG
05-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Cool, I might be out your way in a few weeks anyway.

LHS
05-22-2015, 03:18 PM
This is a really interesting idea. I love the idea of the velcro cards, but durability has always seemed suspect, especially in my world of scorching heat. Being able to use AR mag pouches is a great idea, and I'm looking forward to this when it hits the market.

SpyderMan2k4
07-07-2015, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to post an update for anyone that's not following along on social media:

Beta testing is in full swing for the 870 and so far the feedback has been solid. I've finished up Alpha testing for the Mossberg model and I'm really pleased with where it's at. I had some concerns about it initially, but it has held up incredibly well. I've got three Mossberg beta test units machined and will be sending them off for anodizing in the next couple of days. Beta testing for the 500/590 model SHOULD being within the next couple of weeks. This week (probably Friday) I'm going to begin alpha testing a "Universal" model. Instead of using hardware (which would have to be different for EVERY model), mounting is achieved by using 3M double sided tape. While I don't love the idea of adhesives, this tape has a temperature range from -30f to +230f (compared to Velcro, which is rated from 0f to +150f). The large cutout is to clear clear assembly pins, so the gun can be disassembled without removing the Receiver Adapter. Also, it should clear most serial numbers. Obviously it won't work for every gun out there, but it should be compatible with many of the most common ones. Me and my other alpha tester will begin putting together a list of compatible models.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/Universal_zpsmh236wmh.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/Universal_zpsmh236wmh.jpg.html)

While production is a little ways off, I'm incredibly excited to announce that the first ever Q-DCs available for "purchase" will be at the Paul-E-Palooza training conference. There will be one 870 model and one 500/590 model (with two carriers each) donated for the auction. Anyone that's been itching to get one early, that's your chance!

Chuck Whitlock
07-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Very interesting. If this works out, it would simplify so many logistical issues with regards to new models. Which brings me to:

I prefer 4 shells on the receiver to 6, but I'm excited to try this out nonetheless. I think the big question is how much will the extra shell holders cost? That will make it or break it as a means to carry lots of ammo...

Any future plans for 4-shell carriers? Or 20 ga?

SpyderMan2k4
07-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Very interesting. If this works out, it would simplify so many logistical issues with regards to new models. Which brings me to:

Any future plans for 4-shell carriers? Or 20 ga?
There's been a number of conversations with people high in the industry that have said they would like to see a 4 round model, so that's likely at some point, but it might be a little while until that happens. Time will tell, but it's definitely on the radar.

20g might be in the future, but for how much injection molds cost there would need to be a very clear demand.

SLG
07-12-2015, 11:53 AM
I absolutely prefer 4 rds to 6 ON the gun. This isn't really that though, given its replaceable nature, and 6 may just make more sense when you're looking to put the shell holders in mag pouches and such. 4 is pretty short to pull out of most AR type pouches.

As far as a reloading process, I have never tried the Q-DC, but what comes to mind is to reload or top off the gun's magazine from the Q-DC on the gun. Then, if time allows, ditch the empty or mostly empty Q-DC and then replace it with a fresh one. Repeat as needed, which would be a hell of a shotgun fight:-)

Chuck or anyone who has used this, does that sound like I'm reading this right, or is there a better way you have worked out?

SpyderMan2k4
07-12-2015, 12:15 PM
I absolutely prefer 4 rds to 6 ON the gun. This isn't really that though, given its replaceable nature, and 6 may just make more sense when you're looking to put the shell holders in mag pouches and such. 4 is pretty short to pull out of most AR type pouches.

As far as a reloading process, I have never tried the Q-DC, but what comes to mind is to reload or top off the gun's magazine from the Q-DC on the gun. Then, if time allows, ditch the empty or mostly empty Q-DC and then replace it with a fresh one. Repeat as needed, which would be a hell of a shotgun fight:-)

Chuck or anyone who has used this, does that sound like I'm reading this right, or is there a better way you have worked out?
In terms of carriage working with a variety of pouches, 6 is excellent... 4 will be more of a challenge. In terms of TTPs for actual Q-DC use, I think it just depends. If you empty a carrier from topping of your tube (probably because you have time to) you might have time to replace the empty. If you empty the carrier because of emergency reloads, then getting fresh one is still going to help.

I've taken a few classes with the Q-DC, and the rolling thunder drill really tells a lot about it. Sometimes I'd have time to replace it before I started shooting again, sometimes I'd have to wait.

I'm as curious as anyone to see what the "standard" becomes in terms of TTPs.

Chuck Whitlock
07-12-2015, 12:18 PM
There's been a number of conversations with people high in the industry that have said they would like to see a 4 round model, so that's likely at some point, but it might be a little while until that happens. Time will tell, but it's definitely on the radar.

20g might be in the future, but for how much injection molds cost there would need to be a very clear demand.

I'm tracking you, and I understand it's not the priority at the moment. But just spitballing and looking at your photos of the carriers, perhaps some type of internal adapter/sleeve that could secure through the witness hole, kind of like the VTAC light mount?

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk4.htm

A 4-round, 3M attached, adaptable to 12 or 20 ought to be compatible with damn near any pump/semi out there.

SpyderMan2k4
09-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Just a quick update: beta testing has pretty well wrapped up for both the Remington and Mossberg models. We've started production on the first run of the aluminum parts. Within a few weeks we should be launching our crowd funding campaign to help fund the mold for the carrier bodies. The Q-DC's will be priced below retail for the campaign so keep an eye out!

Super J
09-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Great idea. Looking forward to learning more

SpyderMan2k4
10-17-2015, 11:14 AM
The time has almost come... It looks like crowd funding campaign should be launching early next week, hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I'll post a direct link when it goes live. Until then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-fZ2L-w8qc

SpyderMan2k4
10-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Looking forward to it. I'm definitely going to buy one and have PF pick one up for a future giveaway. :cool:

I appreciate it! There will be some other fun stuff available as well. I'm particularly fond of the t-shirt design :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/tshirt-mockup-1_zpsgxo2ou8u.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/tshirt-mockup-1_zpsgxo2ou8u.png.html)

And a higher resolution pic to actually see the details

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/Aridus%20Industries%20FPS%20shirt_zps3gi5zhmx.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/Aridus%20Industries%20FPS%20shirt_zps3gi5zhmx.png. html)

SpyderMan2k4
10-21-2015, 09:29 AM
The bad news is that the crowd funding site we were going to use rejected our campaign. The good news is that we're going to do a slightly more traditional pre-sale through our website (via PayPal). It is now live! www.aridusindustries.com

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/now%20available%20for%20preorder_zpsqpuzj11e.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/now%20available%20for%20preorder_zpsqpuzj11e.png.h tml)

SpyderMan2k4
10-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Huge news! We've added the Universal Q-DC to the site for pre-order as well. It'll fit the Beretta 1301, Benelli M2 and M4, Mossberg 930, and MANY others. Because you'll have to wait a little longer (probably won't ship until January or February) we're offering a hefty discount! You can check it out at http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/universal-quick-detach-carrier-voucher/ . Thanks!

SpyderMan2k4
11-27-2015, 09:30 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that today is the last day to get Remington, Mossberg, and Universal Q-DCs at discount pricing. At midnight, everything goes to full price. Everything is available for pre-order at www.aridusindustries.com. Have a safe Black Friday!

SpyderMan2k4
01-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post an update. It's taken some time, but I'm exited to say that today we shipped all of our US Mossberg and Remington pre-orders! Thankfully we produced a bit more than we sold, so we've got existing inventory that can now ship with minimum turn around. It is certainly very exciting!

LHS
02-06-2016, 06:16 PM
I got mine a few days ago. Thus far, I am impressed. There are little aspects of design that show some real thought. For instance, the cassettes themselves are nicely dehorned. The release latch is protected by a protrusion on the cassette and requires nearly full depression to disengage, which is somewhat difficult to do with a finger or thumb, but easy to do with the forward locking lug of a new cassette. This seems like it would protect the latch from accidental activation rather well, while still allowing fast use with a fresh cassette. After all, why would you pop the latch without a fresh cassette ready to replace the depleted one?

The setup does add a bit of bulk over TacStar or velcro card sidesaddles, but I think that's a more than acceptable trade-off for the capability it offers.

And, as you can see, the loaded cassettes fit nicely into soft AR mag pouches.

HopetonBrown
02-06-2016, 07:56 PM
the cassettes themselves are nicely dehorned.

Took a class with your dad, another student had a Benelli M4 with the Sidearmor (http://tacticalshotgun.solutions/Side-Saddles/Quick-Detach-Shell-Holders/) side saddle. He felt the edges of the Sidearmor and said with a smile, "you could shave with that thing".

Speaking of which, has he rendered a verdict on these yet?

LHS
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Took a class with your dad, another student had a Benelli M4 with the Sidearmor (http://tacticalshotgun.solutions/Side-Saddles/Quick-Detach-Shell-Holders/) side saddle. He felt the edges of the Sidearmor and said with a smile, "you could shave with that thing".

Speaking of which, has he rendered a verdict on these yet?

Heh. Dad's not gotten his hands on one yet. For once, I scooped him!

SpyderMan2k4
02-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Heh. Dad's not gotten his hands on one yet. For once, I scooped him!

I'll be curious to hear his thoughts as well, naturally.

Chuck Haggard
02-08-2016, 10:58 PM
I've been using mine pretty hard since I got the beta test model for the Mossberg from Adam. I think it's well thought out, and very solid gear. I'd recommend it highly over any other shell carrier that I've used.

SpyderMan2k4
02-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Just a quick heads up! The Universal model has completed cold weather testing and is now shipping! They've preformed great on the Mossberg 930, Benelli M4, Beretta 1301, and others. It will fit on Benelli M2s, but I can't guarantee performance of the gun. Inertia guns seem to be finicky when additional weight is added to the receiver, and it seems to be dependent on the specific gun itself, not necessarily one model (it might not cause any issues on one M2, and might cause all kinds of function issues on another M2). As far as gas guns go, it's been flawless.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/spyderman2k4/Universal%20on%201301_zpslpvqhrkw.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/spyderman2k4/media/Universal%20on%201301_zpslpvqhrkw.jpg.html)

TCinVA
02-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Regarding the adhesive for the universal model, is it possible (using solvents, heat, or something else) to remove the carrier if someone changes their mind?

I'm quite interested in knowing that too...

SpyderMan2k4
02-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I'll be doing a video in the next week, because I've tried a number of methods, most failed miserably.

The way to go is a heat gun and a plastic scraper. The tape has an operating temperature of 230 degrees, but getting the receiver adapter to about 160ish allows you to do some work on it.

Using a plastic scraper at the rear (by the latch) and work forward, while continuing to heat it, will allow you to gradually get under it. Eventually it'll pull off. As long as the scraper is plastic, it shouldn't cause any damage to the receiver.

SpyderMan2k4
05-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,

As a heads up, we are having a Memorial Day weekend sale of 15% off everything on the site (www.aridusindustries.com) which is the cheapest everything has been since we took pre-orders. Thanks!

Crusader8207
05-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Order in bound. Can't decide between one for the 1301 or the 870 :)

Andy in NH
04-05-2022, 04:26 PM
After several disappointing failures (here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xBtNyNnfM) and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_UXf5tjVw)) with Velcro shotgun cards, I finally bought a Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC).

I have a couple of questions:

Q1 - Do the shell carriers "break in" after some time?

I found that removing shells from them for reloads was significantly harder than from the elastic on the nylon shotgun card.

If that is what it is, then I'll just deal with it.

Q2 - Has there been a long term test to see if the stainless steel retention springs in the carrier deforms the shells enough to cause malfunctions?

Q3 - Is there a belt mount available for the carriers?

I know many use a AR style mag pouch, but I was wondering of there was a belt mount to carry the carrier horizontally.

Clamped for 24 hours.

Might paint the carriers to match the shotgun?

Two carriers fit well in a six mag bandolier.

Mr Pink
04-06-2022, 09:57 PM
I loosened the tiny screws on the side and it made a difference, but it was still tight.

Andy in NH
09-18-2022, 09:15 AM

I decided to camo up my Q-DCs.

I used a mesh laundry bag and three colors of rattle can spray paint.

They don't match my 1301 exactly, but I like the way they came out.

I painted the end that interfaces with the lock mechanism an orange color to help with visual indexing of the Q-DC.

GearFondler
09-18-2022, 10:15 AM
I decided to camo up my Q-DCs.

I used a mesh laundry bag and three colors of rattle can spray paint.

They don't match my 1301 exactly, but I like the way they came out.

I painted the end that interfaces with the lock mechanism an orange color to help with visual indexing of the Q-DC.

94492No wonder Aridus is always out of stock.

[emoji14]

Andy in NH
09-18-2022, 10:21 AM
No wonder Aridus is always out of stock.

[emoji14]

That's only half of them. :)

titsonritz
09-18-2022, 11:54 AM
No wonder Aridus is always out of stock.

[emoji14]

The carriers have been in stock for quite awhile now and are currently. Jump on them if you need them. I'm waiting for a the charging handle to be in stock and I'll be picking up a couple more (hopefully they will still be in stock.)

titsonritz
09-18-2022, 12:54 PM
After several disappointing failures (here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xBtNyNnfM) and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_UXf5tjVw)) with Velcro shotgun cards, I finally bought a Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC).

I have a couple of questions:

I found that removing shells from them for reloads was significantly harder than from the elastic on the nylon shotgun card.

If that is what it is, then I'll just deal with it.

Q2 - Has there been a long term test to see if the stainless steel retention springs in the carrier deforms the shells enough to cause malfunctions?

Q3 - Is there a belt mount available for the carriers?

I know many use a AR style mag pouch, but I was wondering of there was a belt mount to carry the carrier horizontally.

Clamped for 24 hours.

Two carriers fit well in a six mag bandolier.

Yep, between what you are showing here, the loops stretching and wearing out and the constant inconsistent placement of the rounds on the receiver I went away from the Velcro shotgun cards as soon a the Aridus Q-DC was born

Q1: They do loosen very slightly over time but not a lot, but if you want to speed thing up there is the Carrier Spring Tool (https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/carrier-spring-tool/)

Q2: It has never happened to me and I've left shells in one for a couple of years to see if it happen.

Q3: What about a horizontal M4 single mag pouch like from Crye (https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc02902000_horizontal-m4-single-mag-pouch) or BFG (https://www.blueforcegear.com/horizontal-ten-speed-m4-mag-pouch)?

I've been using an OSOE 12ga micro rig (https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/12ga-micro-rig) which I have untethered and removed the (2) six-round shotgun cards from inside the pouches and replaced with a couple of the Aridus Q-DC Carriers. Counting the carrier mounted to my gun this make 30 rounds ready to rock n roll plus the pouch on the rig perfectly holds a 25 round box of shotgun shells if desired. I can feed rounds from the receiver and/or the chest rig and replenish fresh carriers to the receiver.

https://i.imgur.com/rpzUoMO.jpg

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
09-18-2022, 02:06 PM
props on the Q-DC paint job Andy but the painted orange end es muy bueno.

Andy in NH
09-18-2022, 02:48 PM
props on the Q-DC paint job Andy but the painted orange end es muy bueno.

¡Muchas gracias amigo!

SpyderMan2k4
09-19-2022, 02:14 PM
Very sick paint job. Per the spring retention, we do not recommend loosening the screws. As mentioned, we recently came out with our Carrier Spring Tool that gives the springs a slightly deeper set and eases the retention a bit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk