PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26L Trijicon RMR

Gviz
02-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

New member here, just been reading several threads over the past few days. Lots of great info on this forum. Thought Id share my daily carry and since there has been some discussion on RDS's lately maybe I could glean some more info, always appreciated. This is my G19 that I grip chopped to accept G 26 mags and stippled. The slide serrations and RDS mount were done by ATEI. I sometimes carry keep the TLR on it but usually carry AIWB with an Incog holster. So far Ive been practicing fairly often with it but could definitely improve. I read a great thread on here about improving your trigger pull with a Glock and its definitely something Im trying to get better at. My RDS is an RM02 with a 6.5 MOA dot. I think its greatly helped me at distance but still getting better at quick aquisition with it. Anyway would love to hear other's input with RDS's.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/grantsmax/IMG_20141105_151151_575_zpsyd4dgvuk.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/grantsmax/IMG_20141105_151347_414_zpsdoc7adog.jpg

JHC
02-28-2015, 06:40 AM
State of the art rig!

LOKNLOD
02-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Yeah that's a pretty cool little setup!

foxj66
02-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Sharp gun, I am really wanting to try a RDS on a Glock sometime.

LockedBreech
02-28-2015, 07:54 PM
I used to be very skeptical of the red dot setup until 6 months ago which was (believe it or not) the first time I tried a red dot on an AR. It was an EOtech EXPS2 on a Colt 6920.

It improved my shooting over raw irons so much that I honestly felt like I was cheating.

Gviz
03-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the comments. My urge is to set it up with a little kentucky windage since I cant seem to fix my "glock shoots left" problem yet.. But I know i shouldnt do that... just keep practicing till I get it right I guess.

overton
03-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Take a class. The diagnostic abilities of a professional trainer are of immense help when it comes to a trigger control/ flinch problem.

LSP972
03-04-2015, 08:21 AM
My urge is to set it up with a little kentucky windage since I cant seem to fix my "glock shoots left" problem yet..

Bad idea; REAL bad idea, on several levels.

FWIW, I have the same problem from time to time. Its your trigger finger; period. I have found that some time spent with my Advantage Arms .22 kit (which also has an RDS mounted) gets me back on track. YMMV.

But the big part of my issue is jumping back and forth between Glocks and the HK LEM. I'm retired, and nobody really cares what I do these days, so I'm free to indulge my indecision. Certainly isn't the smart thing to do, but...

Anyway, zero that RMR for POA/POI, on the bench (more stable) from your chosen distance, and work on your trigger control.

Nice piece, BTW. I already have two 'custom' G19s with RDS, and a third aftermarket slide with one for my other G19. If I were to have another one done, I'd do it like yours.

And the advice to "take a class" is sound; just be DAMN choosy who you select to train with.

Gviz
03-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Yes I was mostly joking with the windage comment. Ive trained and practiced for a couple years now but with different platforms and have now landed on Glocks. So really its just learning to get better with them. Thanks for the comments.

HopetonBrown
03-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Yes I was mostly joking with the windage comment. Ive trained and practiced for a couple years now but with different platforms and have now landed on Glocks. So really its just learning to get better with them. Thanks for the comments.

How is your shooting with the RDS? Did your FAST time improve? Did your Dot Torture stay the same?

Gviz
03-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Initial shots are slower than with my G26 with big dots when drawing from a holster, but shooting at distance is more accurate and follow up shots are faster on the whole. You'll have to bring me up to speed on what FAST time is; I have not tried dot torture.

DocGKR
03-05-2015, 03:29 AM
FAST: http://pistol-training.com/fastest

DT: http://pistol-training.com/drills/dot-torture