PDA

View Full Version : Bratton Blackens Blue...

BaiHu
02-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Well that title will have a double entrende in it....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/25/bill-bratton-nyc-police-commissioner-blames-cops-f/

Speaking at a Black History Month event in Queens, Mr. Bratton said that while police have played crucial role in maintaining order during civil unrest, “many of the worst parts of black history would have been impossible without police, too,” DNAinfo reported.

“Slavery, our country’s original sin, sat on a foundation codified by laws and enforced by police, by slave catchers,” he added.

The commissioner pointed out that one of the first things Dutch colonist Peter Stuyvesant did upon arriving in what is now Manhattan was create a police force to use slaves for labor.

“Since then, the stories of police and black citizens have intertwined again and again,” he said, DNAinfo reported. “The unequal nature of that relationship cannot and must not be denied.”

I'm sure the NYPD is all set to get behind Bratton and push. Between him and DeBlasio I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mass exodus of police. This is pathetic tar and feather BS that puts lives at risk.

ETA: Mmmmm, I wonder who wrote the laws that the police followed?

1slow
02-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Politicians.