PDA

View Full Version : Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lyonsgrid
02-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Lots of speculation and anticipation for the single stack 9x19.
Today, I got solid blue label pricing and it looks like a go.
Who else is going to try one out?

Beat Trash
02-23-2015, 04:21 PM
It will depend on the size of the pistol. My latest M&P Shield is one of the ones without the external safety. If Glock's model 43 does become a single stack 9mm, it would have to do something better than the Shield does.

I am a Glock fan. But I got tired of being strung along. Three M&P Shields later, I'm good.

warpedcamshaft
02-23-2015, 04:30 PM
I may be interested in one if it was roughly Kahr PM9 sized, and was more durable than the Kahr pistols I've seen. I also hope I can get a higher grip on it than the Kahr series.

I've heard it is a 6 shot magazine, which may put it roughly that size. (That was an un-verifiable photo of a blue label G43 box.) I'd give it at least a year before looking at buying one and would have to have a few range sessions with one before I made up my mind.

23JAZ
02-23-2015, 04:44 PM
It will depend on the size of the pistol. My latest M&P Shield is one of the ones without the external safety. If Glock's model 43 does become a single stack 9mm, it would have to do something better than the Shield does.

I am a Glock fan. But I got tired of being strung along. Three M&P Shields later, I'm good.

Same here. I'm in depending on height. I'm wishing for a G19 sized single stack .950" wide!
Not holding my breath though. I think I see a shield in my future.

ETA: if it's 6 shots I'm going for the shield.

lightning fast
02-23-2015, 04:58 PM
It's not going to do anything better to an extent that's worth getting rid of my Shield for.

Pass.

Palmguy
02-23-2015, 07:02 PM
The market share that Glock holds in my safe would imply that I am a Glock fanboy, but the G43 would have to be damn impressive for me to want to divest myself of my Shields. Base capacity of 6 rounds isn't off to a good start in that respect.

SAWBONES
02-23-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm a longstanding Glock-fan (since '89), but a 9mm single stack Glock pistol with a six-round magazine is really little more attractive to me than my flat-but-heavy HK P7M8s with eight-round magazines, or my flat-but-dinky Walther PPS, not to mention my flat Glock 36s which also have six and seven round magazines and are in my favored caliber of 45ACP.

I'd just stick with my accustomed G26 for EDC.

LockedBreech
02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Sticking with my PPS for now. Proven and I know I like it. But I'm definitely excited to try one.

Up1911Fan
02-23-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm hoping it's closer to being Shield/PPS sized than PM9/G42 sized.

JBP55
02-23-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm hoping it's closer to being Shield/PPS sized than PM9/G42 sized.

Same here.

45dotACP
02-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Humbug. The moment is passed, and in waiting for the release of the compact single stack 9mm glock, I became a TDA fanboy. It took that long.

camsdaddy
02-23-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm thankful Glock waited so long. Gave me time to realize I can carry my 19 everyday and don't need anything else.

Chuck Haggard
02-23-2015, 08:58 PM
I was told over the weekend that the new single stack 9 is in fact a go, almost as small as the 42, but recoil is unpleasant.

RJ
02-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Woah...back up the train.

Did ya'll say 6 rounds?

orionz06
02-23-2015, 09:12 PM
I was told over the weekend that the new single stack 9 is in fact a go, almost as small as the 42, but recoil is unpleasant.
I think that will be the killer. S&W got the Shield right. I'm afraid Glock is gonna give us a Kahr that we don't want as it is. Except Jody.

JR1572
02-23-2015, 09:50 PM
What's the LE price?

When will it be available?

Pictures?

JR1572

Failure2Stop
02-23-2015, 09:52 PM
I'll probably grab one just to round out the Glock options. While I would prefer 8+ rounds, 6+1 isn't a deal-breaker for what I want that kind of pistol to do. G26 accuracy would put it in a good position.

From Tapatalk:
Jack

GJM
02-23-2015, 10:22 PM
I bet Glock sells truck loads of them.

xmanhockey7
02-24-2015, 12:39 AM
I love Glock. G19 is my go to carry gun. I really wanted them to come out with a SS9 at Shot. They didn't. So I bought a no safety Shield. Already purchased plenty of spare mags and had the gun stippled. Glock is simply too late for me. I'm sure they'll still sell truck loads just like they have the 42 that everyone online hates.

Totem Polar
02-24-2015, 02:08 AM
I guess we will see how many G42 protest-howlers put their money where their mouth has been over the last year.

FNFAN
02-24-2015, 02:19 AM
I'll break my rule against being an unpaid beta tester for this..... as long as it isn't some cruel Austrian whimsy (9mm Makarov?)
:D

JHC
02-24-2015, 07:45 AM
I bet Glock sells truck loads of them.

Without a doubt! I've always been "meh" for pocketable single stack 9s cause I don't pocket. G26 rules for my subcompact use, in size, shootability and capacity.

JonInWA
02-24-2015, 08:45 AM
I'm moderately interested.. but I've never really had any problems in concealing and carrying my G19, or larger Glocks. Could be nice for the new IDPA CCP division-but wait-my G19 works there too...

I'll see how it feels/shoots.

Best, Jon

Guinnessman
02-24-2015, 09:19 AM
I would like to see a single stack Glock 9mm for AIWB/IWB carry in the summer months. If the new Glock single stack shoots like a Kahr, I will pass and buy a Shield. Someone else can be the beta tester as well.

HCM
02-24-2015, 09:27 AM
The six round capacity seems to indicate Glock is not looking to go head-to-head with the shield. It seems like they are going for the LE backup gun and CCW pocket carry market (PM9 /Ruger LC-9) rather than the single stack belt carry market.

breakingtime91
02-24-2015, 09:46 AM
I guess we will see how many G42 protest-howlers put their money where their mouth has been over the last year.

It would like to know how many people ditch the g42 lol

MGW
02-24-2015, 10:07 AM
I've mostly given up on trying to find a pocket sized 9mm. What I really want is a Glock PPS.

I'm sure there are about a 100k people per year that want a PM9 sized Glock though.

Edit to add I guess it makes since from Glocks perspective. The 36 is a thin 30 so the 43 might as well be a thin 26.

camsdaddy
02-24-2015, 10:10 AM
I know the Georgia State Patrol recently went to Glock 17's. Currently they are carrying 42's as back up but were told when they went that route that the 9mm would soon be available.

Up1911Fan
02-24-2015, 10:16 AM
If the G26 is a double stack with a 10 round capacity, and this is supposedly going to have a 6 round capacity, should we assume this will be a single stack G26?

Ryno785
02-24-2015, 10:21 AM
If the G26 is a double stack with a 10 round capacity, and this is supposedly going to have a 6 round capacity, should we assume this will be a single stack G26?

Man I hope you are right. I carry a 19 daily but it would be nice to have something that is a little more discreet for certain situations. I'm not a fan of tiny pocket guns and I think a single stack 26 would be perfect.

MGW
02-24-2015, 05:59 PM

I know the math doesn't add up but that was my assumption. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

GJM
02-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Will someone phone Jody, tell him he and his hats are missed here, and there is a perfect thread for him to make his re-entry.

23JAZ
02-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Will someone phone Jody, tell him he and his hats are missed here, and there is a perfect thread for him to make his re-entry.

Did Jody rage-quit? :eek:

JBP55
02-24-2015, 06:51 PM
A local dealer already has a buyer list started for the G43.

StraitR
02-24-2015, 08:36 PM
I know I'm in the minority nowadays, but 7+1 single stack 9mm's have still yet to inspire me enough to replace my no-lock 638 w/ CT grips I carry the few times I'm unable to dawn my standard G19. Now, an 9+1 single stack Glock based on the 19 would be very compelling.

One thing is for sure, I enjoy watching manufactures listen to the masses and put out more and more competitive options.

WOLFIE
02-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Humbug. The moment is passed, and in waiting for the release of the compact single stack 9mm glock, I became a TDA fanboy. It took that long.

Awesome quote.

Rich
02-25-2015, 08:26 AM
I know I'm in the minority nowadays, but 7+1 single stack 9mm's have still yet to inspire me enough to replace my no-lock 638 w/ CT grips I carry the few times I'm unable to dawn my standard G19. Now, an 9+1 single stack Glock based on the 19 would be very compelling.

One thing is for sure, I enjoy watching manufactures listen to the masses and put out more and more competitive options.

I wont give up my M642 ever.

Now I might carry a single stack 9mm along with my jframe if it held 9rds

Trajan
02-25-2015, 08:55 AM
If the recoil sucks then that pretty much kills it. Then again, people do use 642s....

I don't understand why people are complaining about the capacity. If it's barely bigger than a G42, then that's pretty cool.

Reminds me of people complaining about the ballistics at 150 yards out of a 10.3/4/5. That's not what it was designed for. Or do people really want the concealability of a G19, with the capacity of a 1911?

StraitR
02-25-2015, 09:28 AM
If the recoil sucks then that pretty much kills it. Then again, people do use 642s....

I don't understand why people are complaining about the capacity. If it's barely bigger than a G42, then that's pretty cool.

Reminds me of people complaining about the ballistics at 150 yards out of a 10.3/4/5. That's not what it was designed for. Or do people really want the concealability of a G19, with the capacity of a 1911?

Well if I had my druthers, I'll take the thickness and concealability of a 1911 with the capacity of a G19.

All kidding aside, it's about how easily and repeatably I can get a good to perfect grip on the gun from concealment, and I've never done well with G26 size pistols or anything that leaves off my promise finger. And for this reason, I'll even chose to conceal a little bit bigger like 1911, G17, or VP9 than a little shorter, even if capacity was the same. The G19 grip length is perfect for me and my hand size, so naturally a thinner more concealable model would create some excitement in my house.

Chuck Haggard
02-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Well if I had my druthers, I'll take the thickness and concealability of a 1911 with the capacity of a G19.

All kidding aside, it's about how easily and repeatably I can get a good to perfect grip on the gun from concealment, and I've never done well with G26 size pistols or anything that leaves off my promise finger. And for this reason, I'll even chose to conceal a little bit bigger like 1911, G17, or VP9 than a little shorter, even if capacity was the same. The G19 grip length is perfect for me and my hand size, so naturally a thinner more concealable model would create some excitement in my house.

I think a single stack G19 sized pistol, flattened out to 9mm thickness/thinness, would be awesome.

jh9
02-25-2015, 11:03 AM
If the recoil sucks then that pretty much kills it....

If it's barely bigger than a G42, then that's pretty cool.

Can't have both. There are plenty of micro 9s on the market. If it's remotely G42 sized, then it's going to have harsh recoil.

warpedcamshaft
02-25-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm guessing that from a size standpoint, based on rumored magazine size, comma, the relative dimensions of the G42 and G43 would probably be similar to the Sig 238 and 938. (Say... 4 inch height range, sub 1 inch-ish thickness.)

I'm guessing the Glock is more geared towards the PM9/938 sized guns. Just an assumption based on what I've heard/seen.

That makes me happy because we already have some really solid single stack choices for guys who want a bit longer grip and more ammo: Walther PPS and M&P shield are pretty hard to beat. The G43 could be bringing a new choice to the "pocket-able" 9mm category that shares more in common with the bigger Glocks than the current options do.

Ryno785
02-25-2015, 01:33 PM
I called a friend of mine that his FFL yesterday and had him call his distributor. They told him it was supposed to be out in July.

Beat Trash
02-25-2015, 02:02 PM
I think a single stack G19 sized pistol, flattened out to 9mm thickness/thinness, would be awesome.

Especially for those living in areas with magazine restrictions. Make a single stack version of the GLock 19 with an 8-10 rd magazine, I'd buy one. Or two.

breakingtime91
02-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Especially for those living in areas with magazine restrictions. Make a single stack version of the GLock 19 with an 8-10 rd magazine, I'd buy one. Or two.

same. I may be moving back into a mag contested territory in the next year and two.. Only real options I'm looking at right now are a wheel gun or a good 45 acp... a single stack g19 would be perfect for my needs..

Center Shot
02-25-2015, 02:10 PM
Lots of speculation and anticipation for the single stack 9x19.
Today, I got solid blue label pricing and it looks like a go.
Who else is going to try one out?

I am a Law Enforcement Officer, what is the blue label price for the Glock 43, Thanks!

oldtexan
02-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Can't have both. There are plenty of micro 9s on the market. If it's remotely G42 sized, then it's going to have harsh recoil.

Do folks here view the PM9's recoil as harsh? The Glock 42 and Kahr PM9 have similar height, empty weight and width. The G42 appears to be a bit longer in overall length than the PM9, very roughly .3-.4". So even if the G43 is the same size and weight as a G42, it will likely have recoil charcteristics similar to a PM9. My PM9's bore axis is about .22" higher than my G19s. Probably the bore axis on the G43 will be a tad bit lower than that of the PM9, resulting in slightly less muzzle flip. If the G43 is a bit scaled up in size and weight from the G42, then we might see recoil characteristics somewhere between those of the PM9 and the 9mm PPS.

Take all this for what it's worth. I own and shoot the PM9 and 9mm PPS, but haven't even seen a G42 in person, and have no knowledge of the G43.

Chuck Haggard
02-25-2015, 02:41 PM
My G42 is positively fun to shoot, not obnoxious at all, recoils like a small Beretta .22 IMHO. My wife's PM9 is not as fun, and depending on ammo gets kinds of stingy in recoil impulse after a few rounds. The PM9s are also not as reliable as the larger models, even as much as the P9s and such.

A 13oz 9mm would be something like the PF9, and those are rather unpleasant to shoot.

jh9
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Do folks here view the PM9's recoil as harsh? The Glock 42 and Kahr PM9 have similar height, empty weight and width. The G42 appears to be a bit longer in overall length than the PM9, very roughly .3-.4". So even if the G43 is the same size and weight as a G42, it will likely have recoil charcteristics similar to a PM9. My PM9's bore axis is about .22" higher than my G19s. Probably the bore axis on the G43 will be a tad bit lower than that of the PM9, resulting in slightly less muzzle flip. If the G43 is a bit scaled up in size and weight from the G42, then we might see recoil characteristics somewhere between those of the PM9 and the 9mm PPS.

Take all this for what it's worth. I own and shoot the PM9 and 9mm PPS, but haven't even seen a G42 in person, and have no knowledge of the G43.

I do, yes.

The G42 feels about like shooting .38 ball through a 4" K-frame. Maybe wadcutters. It is exceedingly pleasant and I can go through 100+ rounds in half an hour with no problems.

The PM9 (well, mine was a CM9) feels like shooting a hot .38 though an airweight or a hot magnum through a beefier snub. If I went though more than a hundred rounds in an afternoon I wouldn't expect to do much more than just make noise after the first several magazines. Some people are more recoil sensitive than me. Some less.

That might not be a big deal depending on what you want out of a tiny gun, but IME the smaller you make an auto the more carefully it needs to be tested. Guns that I can barely put 2 boxes through in a range session will take a long time to get to several hundred rounds without problems. I'd like to be able to shake out any fleas in a couple days, not a couple months.

Then once you've got it worn in there's the issue of maintenance. Small autos need things like recoil spring changes more frequently. Which means they need to be re tested. Back to the above.

The harder a gun is to shoot, the more work it is to not only determine whether or not it's reliable but to determine if it's still reliable enough.

Clay
02-25-2015, 03:24 PM
These G43/Shield/PPS sized guns always seem like a great idea until I buy one and put it into use. I quickly discover that it doesn't replace the Glock 19 or S&W 442 that I already have. Too big for ankle carry, no better concealment in a IWB holster or Smartcarry rig than a G19 or G26, and less ammo on board than everything else I have except the J frame.

JHC
02-25-2015, 03:58 PM
no better concealment in a IWB holster or Smartcarry rig than a G19 or G26, and less ammo on board

That is how I feel about the G26 in general. That's the smallest/lowest capacity I've carried as a sole primary in years with one exception of a few hours - in a closely fitted tux when the flat G42 just worked perfectly snugged up AIWB.

In one range experience each I found the PM9 and Rugers LC9 to be purely obnoxious and not easy to hit with many times quickly. If I was a pocket carrier maybe I'd work harder getting to know them though.

TGS
02-25-2015, 04:01 PM
These G43/Shield/PPS sized guns always seem like a great idea until I buy one and put it into use. I quickly discover that it doesn't replace the Glock 19 or S&W 442 that I already have. Too big for ankle carry, no better concealment in a IWB holster or Smartcarry rig than a G19 or G26, and less ammo on board than everything else I have except the J frame.

Which is why I sold my PPS.

The only thing I can think they're good at....for me....is carrying tucked underneath clothing, like a dress shirt. I find double stack guns to create a noticeable bulge in this application.

That said, plenty of people like them, and I can't fault them for it. I should never have sold my PPS, even if I couldn't objectively find a reason to keep it; it was just a fantastic gun. Doing it over again, I'd probably buy a Shield because of the non-funky base plate on the mag....although I do find the Shield to recoil much more than a PPS.

As for PM9 recoil: not harsh, but beyond what I can control for hammering out rounds on target in quick succession. To me, harsh is an Airweight J-Frame, Kel Tec PF9, (owned both) or even some of the micro sized 380s (have owned several). I've never had a gun hurt my hand as much as an Airweight firing +p. 70 rounds and my hand was throbbing and red. Harsh, but useful little guns. I'd probably buy a steel J-frame if I did it over again, but I'm fairly happy with my Micro Eagle as my BUG/NPE gun.

Clay
02-25-2015, 04:11 PM
For NPE's I run a S&W 442 in a ankle holster or a Ruger LCP in a Smartcarry. For regular carry it's a Beretta 92FS or Glock 17/19. All the in-between guns just don't serve much use for me, although I'm glad they're out there. My wife seems to like this size of guns. Her daily carry is a Glock 26. She liked the Shield but hers proved unreliable. She may love this new G43.

Totem Polar
02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Like Chuck and jh9 state, the G42 is just super user-friendly. A decent 9mm load out of the same size would be obnoxious.

I bet I could get a magazine +1 on target (at any range) from my 42 faster than I could get 3 rounds of 9mm out of a similar package. That's not to say that someone like Gabe White can't get 9mm on target as fast as I can do .380, but in my hands, the 22lr blowback-esque G42 is way more controllable than, say, a PM9. I'm the one that has to get my own hits, and there is a point of diminishing returns size/power wise at my level of skill. Part of why the 5-shot snub .357s are gone from my safe, and the 5-shot .38s are still there.

The choice: 3 rounds of 9mm, or 7 of .380.

xmanhockey7
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM

I love my Smith 442. When I was starting to move stuff out of my college apartment I spent the last couple months with only my G19 and 442. They were perfect together. Also Springfield does basically make a G19 sized single stack in their 4.0 XDs with extended magazine. If Smith made a 4" Shield, with the extended magazine that'd be G19 size 8+1.

Totem Polar
02-25-2015, 04:41 PM
I am once again getting the sense that the S&W 3953 was just too ahead of its time.

Lyonsgrid
02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
I am once again getting the sense that the S&W 3953 was just too ahead of its time.

I feel the same

Chuck Haggard
02-26-2015, 05:56 AM

I'm wishing I hadn't sold mine when I did, or my 3913s

rob_s
02-26-2015, 06:54 AM
I think that will be the killer. S&W got the Shield right. I'm afraid Glock is gonna give us a Kahr that we don't want as it is. Except Jody.

I think Glock, probably accidentally, is actually doing it right. I don't want a Glock Shield. If I wanted a Shield, I'd go buy one. What I want is a Glock 42 in 9mm, or a Kahr that actually works.

When the M&Ps first came out a lot of people bitched that they weren't exactly the same size as the established Glocks, to which a lot of other people (rightfully) replied that they shouldn't be exactly the same, they should offer something different other than just being the un-Glock for the snowflake crowd.

Do I think that one round here or a half inch there really matters? Probably not. There's probably a small niche in-between the intelligentsia and the newb where we know enough to care but haven't gotten to the point that we're out to prove we can carry a G34 in a Speedo.

GJM
02-26-2015, 06:56 AM
I'm wishing I hadn't sold mine when I did, or my 3913s

Under stress, is it a liability to have two trigger pulls?

Chuck Haggard
02-26-2015, 07:18 AM

I don't think so.

SWAT Lt.
02-26-2015, 07:27 AM

I think the S&W DA/SA is far less of a "liability" than their DA Only system. I have seen several instances where officers using the latter have failed to allow the trigger fully forward to reset (and it is a long way) under stress while firing. They thought the gun had malfunctioned/broken and it took them a few seconds to figure it out. 3rd Gen S&W DA/SA has a decent trigger pull and a very short reset. No downside to using it IMO.

GJM
02-26-2015, 07:31 AM
I don't think so.

I think the S&W DA/SA is far less of a "liability" than their DA Only system. I have seen several instances where officers using the latter have failed to allow the trigger fully forward to reset (and it is a long way) under stress while firing. They thought the gun had malfunctioned/broken and it took them a few seconds to figure it out. 3rd Gen S&W DA/SA has a decent trigger pull and a very short reset. No downside to using it IMO.

OK, gentlemen, before this gets going too far, I was just teasing Chuck. I kind of like those "two triggers" myself. But if everyone enjoys discussing it, carry on.

Hambo
02-26-2015, 07:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWU2SR27g4

TAZ
02-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Like Chuck and jh9 state, the G42 is just super user-friendly. A decent 9mm load out of the same size would be obnoxious.

I bet I could get a magazine +1 on target (at any range) from my 42 faster than I could get 3 rounds of 9mm out of a similar package. That's not to say that someone like Gabe White can't get 9mm on target as fast as I can do .380, but in my hands, the 22lr blowback-esque G42 is way more controllable than, say, a PM9. I'm the one that has to get my own hits, and there is a point of diminishing returns size/power wise at my level of skill. Part of why the 5-shot snub .357s are gone from my safe, and the 5-shot .38s are still there.

The choice: 3 rounds of 9mm, or 7 of .380.

I'm in this same boat. Having shot a CM9 I'm thinking that for me the point of diminishing returns has been reached with micro sizing guns. I don't consider myself a good shot by any stretch so anything I carry will need to be practiced with regularly. I can't imagine myself shooting more than a few mags at a time out of a micro 9. The only thing interesting about a Glock micro 9 is the prospect of picking up a good used 42 as a special purpose gun. Not going to replace the VP9 as the EDC gun, but for going to the gym or the once a year out on a suit event.

ScotchMan
02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree with what a few people have said; the G19 is too easy to carry as an EDC, so for the Glock SS9 to end up in my safe it needs to replace the only other gun I carry, a 642. My PPS is too big for that, prints through the pocket of my dress/suit pants. The CM9 works, though isn't quite as rounded as the revolver, but [all the problems with the CM9]. So, the G42 in 9mm might actually work for me.

Still though, there's just something about the J frame. Probably that I can ignore it, spend all my training time and money on my primary carry, and know that it will work the 5% of the time it is on me despite being neglected. I'm not sure I would ever have that level of comfort with a micro 9.

Center Shot
03-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Glock has released a teaser for a new handgun coming out "THIS SPRING" wonder what it will be? I was told it is the new Glock 43 single stack 9mm!

https://twitter.com/GLOCKInc/status/573906628732317696/photo/1

packinaglock
03-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Same here, my Shield is working just fine. I also love my Glocks but Gaston held out on me too long.

warpedcamshaft
03-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Same here, my Shield is working just fine. I also love my Glocks but Gaston held out on me too long.

But... if you get a Glock 43 and ditch the shield, then your username would be more accurate.

:cool:

opmike
03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Glock has released a teaser for a new handgun coming out "THIS SPRING" wonder what it will be? I was told it is the new Glock 43 single stack 9mm!

https://twitter.com/GLOCKInc/status/573906628732317696/photo/1

It'll be something in .357 Sig in a triple stack magazine. Optics Ready.

warpedcamshaft
03-07-2015, 06:02 PM
It'll be something in .357 Sig in a triple stack magazine. Optics Ready.

Wrong... It will be in 45 GAP.

JBP55
03-07-2015, 06:45 PM
I am a Law Enforcement Officer, what is the blue label price for the Glock 43, Thanks!

About $350.

coldcase1984
03-08-2015, 01:38 PM

I've been telling people and Glock mgmt this for more than a decade.

If Glock goes short grip, I PRAY S&W has the vision to make a ShieldL w a 4-4.5-in. Bbl. and 9-rd length grip. AIWB perfection, if you don't demand DA.

I reckon like-minded folks oughta start petitioning Smith now.

Fixing to walk dogs right now with big mag cuz the RCS VG slides down my britches otherwise.

GK17
03-08-2015, 02:28 PM
I've been telling people and Glock mgmt this for more than a decade.

If Glock goes short grip, I PRAY S&W has the vision to make a ShieldL w a 4-4.5-in. Bbl. and 9-rd length grip. AIWB perfection, if you don't demand DA.

I reckon like-minded folks oughta start petitioning Smith now.

^^^^ +1 this concept ^^^^

Fixing to walk dogs right now with big mag cuz the RCS VG slides down my britches otherwise.

NickA
03-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Just caved in and bought a Shield, which should guarantee that the new Glock will be a single stack 9, and probably be very nice. You're welcome.

GJM
03-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Count down to announcement on March 20:

http://glock.yourbrandlive.com/

Smash
03-10-2015, 09:39 AM
edit: Beaten to the punch.

GJM
03-10-2015, 09:42 AM
edit: Beaten to the punch.

Some days speed trumps accuracy.

camsdaddy
03-10-2015, 10:31 AM
If the 43 isn't a ss 9 I will buy either a PPS or a Shield and add APEX.

Smash
03-10-2015, 11:17 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f20ca5ec78d2d25f4ae47e4e6ead712fc708203b09fb244786 3050dae2434957.jpg

Totem Polar
03-10-2015, 11:55 AM

This is a great post for a thread about Glock rumors. Golf clapping, over here...

Failure2Stop
03-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Nicely played.

TAZ
03-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Just caved in and bought a Shield, which should guarantee that the new Glock will be a single stack 9, and probably be very nice. You're welcome.

LOL. Just did the same thing but opted for a G42, so I envision a sweet single stack 9 coming soon.

Whatever they do I think they should keep the G42 trigger system going. While a bit stiff out of the box, mine has a very clean and predictable break. It's by far the nicest Glock out of box trigger I've felt EVER.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
The gun store clerk told me definitively that it is a rumor because he was told at the Shot Show that they won't be making one.

He should know because he is a gun store clerk. Convinced?

GJM
03-10-2015, 04:58 PM
I will bet anyone $50 that this is a single stack 9 -- anyone want to take the other side of this bet?

JBP55
03-10-2015, 05:29 PM
I will bet anyone $50 that this is a single stack 9 -- anyone want to take the other side of this bet?

A single stack 9mm smaller than a Shield.

Totem Polar
03-10-2015, 05:53 PM
SS9, yes.

Smaller than shield? Er, I'll wait it out and see.

Re: the G42 trigger, I hated that thing when I first got it; typical Glock, only heavier. Incredibly, mine has broken in over 1k or so into a reasonable facsimile of a NY-1/minus-ish feel, if you know what I mean. I don't mind it at all at this point. Didn't see that coming out of the box.

ffhounddog
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
It is going to be a single stack shield size 45 GAP handgun.

JodyH
03-10-2015, 06:44 PM
It'll be a 9mm GAP aka: 9mm "short" (kurtz in German) that's the same size (or larger) as everyone elses sub-compact 9mm's.

Oh.....

:p

Savage Hands
03-10-2015, 06:48 PM
It'll be a 9mm GAP aka: 9mm "short" (kurtz in German) that's the same size (or larger) as everyone elses sub-compact 9mm's.

Oh.....

:p

I expected better... :)

GJM
03-10-2015, 07:34 PM
I have it on good authority that internally at Glock, they refer to the new pistol using the code name "Tango Juliet."

Guinnessman
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
That's better than "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot." ;)

Kyle Reese
03-10-2015, 08:41 PM
It's going to be chambered in 9x18 Ultra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MGW
03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
It'll be a new Glock Instagram page.

GJM
03-10-2015, 10:34 PM
That's better than "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot." ;)

Way better. Tango Juliet stands for "the Jody." Apparently Gaston was butthurt following the 42 thread on PF, and told them to get a 9 to shut up "the guy with the funny fur hat that lives in the desert."

Guinnessman
03-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Way better. Tango Juliet stands for "the Jody." Apparently Gaston was butthurt following the 42 thread on PF, and told them to get a 9 to shut up "the guy with the funny fur hat that lives in the desert."

You can mark me down for one "Tango Juliet," and one "Tango Golf" Holster and call it good!:D

1986s4
03-11-2015, 08:07 AM
I can wait. My SIG 225 does what I want it to do safely AIWB. Small enough for easy carry, big enough to shoot well. I did try a G42 at the range and found it easy and fun to shoot.

Chuck Haggard
03-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Glock carbine..............

Glenn E. Meyer
03-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Glock watch? Glockpod? Glockenspiel?

Dropkick
03-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Glock carbine..............

Glock watch? Glockpod? Glockenspiel?

Glock Rock "Easy to use, hard to break."

JodyH
03-11-2015, 10:35 AM
I'd have bought a single stack Glock 9mm back in 2002.
In 2014 I already own 4 or 5 from other companies that work just fine.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Does the Glock Rock come with a state mandated Glock Lock for child safety?

Glock Pot - have a stew ready when you come back from a hard day in the field.

Totem Polar
03-11-2015, 11:27 AM
^^^Yeah, but nobody's been screaming for years to buy a smaller, lower capacity Glock Pot.

or, Glock Pot: what people who swear the carbine is coming have been partaking of.

MGW
03-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Glock iPhone case with a spring shaped stylus.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Glock Light - made with a polymer frame so it's not so heavy - oh - NEVER MIND!

KVDT
03-11-2015, 03:13 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crodeo/Glock43_zpsdtmtghho.jpg (http://s78.photobucket.com/user/crodeo/media/Glock43_zpsdtmtghho.jpg.html)

23JAZ
03-11-2015, 03:21 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crodeo/Glock43_zpsdtmtghho.jpg (http://s78.photobucket.com/user/crodeo/media/Glock43_zpsdtmtghho.jpg.html)

That looks Glock 19ish

KVDT
03-11-2015, 03:26 PM
That looks Glock 19ish

I've got a Gen3 19 on me and it has 7 slide serrations on it. The one pictured has 6 if that means anything at all.

VT1032
03-11-2015, 03:38 PM
I bet money it's just a single stack glock 26. if so, not interested...

23JAZ
03-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Same here.

Savage Hands
03-11-2015, 04:02 PM

Same here.

And they will still sell everyone they make for the foreseeable future, with a large backorder...

JBP55
03-11-2015, 04:21 PM
And they will still sell everyone they make for the foreseeable future, with a large backorder...

Remember when everyone said they would not purchase the G42 and Glock could not keep up with the demand.

JodyH
03-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Because popularity is directly proportional to quality.

Savage Hands
03-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Remember when everyone said they would not purchase the G42 and Glock could not keep up with the demand.

Yup

Because popularity is directly proportional to quality.

Uh who said that it was? :confused:

Wondering Beard
03-11-2015, 04:46 PM
What if it's a single stack 19?

Totem Polar
03-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Glock iPhone case with a spring shaped stylus.
Also available with the NY-2 version that makes it twice as hard to double tap accurately.

Since I don't currently have a 26, I'd entertain the thought of a single stack version, so long as the slide was also thinner.

orionz06
03-11-2015, 04:54 PM

An M&P9c sized double stack would be perfection.

23JAZ
03-11-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm on it like a fat man at a buffet.

punkey71
03-11-2015, 07:12 PM

That's what I would like. The 42 size doesn't interest me. If I'm going to pocket something, I prefer my J frame.

A single stack 19 would be great for me. Followed shortly by a threaded Advantage Arms .22 conversion to start the kids on pistols in a couple years.

That's my wish list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MGW
03-11-2015, 07:24 PM
What if it's a 19s? Or a 26s? They did it to the 30.

Actually, I might actually be interested in a slimmer 26.

breakingtime91
03-11-2015, 07:45 PM
here is the real question. can we get a gadget for it :cool:

Dropkick
03-11-2015, 08:09 PM

You win the internetz today.

Up1911Fan
03-11-2015, 10:07 PM

Funny, that's what i'm hoping it is.

NickA
03-12-2015, 08:04 AM
I'm gonna guess the answer rhymes with "moon" ☺

HCM
03-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Purported photo of the single stack. 9 - appears like a 9mm 42.

https://m.facebook.com/169147539763442/photos/a.232046690140193.72482.169147539763442/986234034721451/?type=1&source=48

JBP55
03-12-2015, 07:46 PM
I think the G43 will be about .300 taller and .500 longer than a G42. Any other guesses?

Totem Polar
03-12-2015, 10:09 PM
I'll guess that it will be about the same weight as the G42, based on "reports of brutal recoil". I don't see either a single stack 19 or 26 as being candidates for anything more than "snappy".

ALSO:

I just ordered up a ghost edge connector, from ghost, for my G42. Check the skew #...

G42 EDGE CONNECTOR
Sku: GHO_42-43_2424_V_1

42-43 shared connector implies that the size is going to be very close. That's more compelling to me than a photo at this point. Recall that skew number scrutiny is how the G42 details first leaked out in reliable fashion (.380, 6+1, etc). Just more grist for the mill.

Savage Hands
03-13-2015, 12:04 AM
You guys are KILLING me. :)

I'll even take one for my G42 :cool:

breakingtime91
03-13-2015, 12:27 AM
I'll even take one for my G42 :cool:

Now your just being stubborn

Savage Hands
03-13-2015, 12:45 AM
Now your just being stubborn

Honestly I want a handful of gadgets for current and future Glocks, I'm being greedy :o

MDS
03-13-2015, 10:44 AM
I've got little need, but I'll be happy for more reliable 9mm guns that fit my wife's short trigger reach.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-14-2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/13/9mm-single-stack-subcompact-glock-43-revealed/

Is this it? The world wonders.

orionz06
03-14-2015, 02:15 PM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/13/9mm-single-stack-subcompact-glock-43-revealed/

Look at the baseplate size....

Dropkick
03-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Watch the 43 be a double stack .380, since the single stack was "popular."

JSGlock34
03-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Watch the 43 be a double stack .380, since the single stack was "popular."

Well, those wouldn't be the 43...the Glock 25 and 28 are the doublestack .380 models. Now that Glock is producing domestically, a Glock 25 or 28 is possible (I understand that they were not importable under GCA68), but it begs the question of why would you want one? Still, domestic production opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities for Glock (.22LR for example).

http://www.limaguns.com/media/products/PIGL25380PA2.jpg

Dropkick
03-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Well, those wouldn't be the 43...the Glock 25 and 28 are the doublestack .380 models. Now that Glock is producing domestically, a Glock 25 or 28 is possible (I understand that they were not importable under GCA68), but it begs the question of why would you want one? Still, domestic production opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities for Glock (.22LR for example).

lol, guess I should have done my homework. I had no idea those existed.

GJM
03-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Bet a dollar a picture of the real 43 surfaces before the Friday announce date, if history is a guide.

PensFan
03-14-2015, 11:36 PM

Photoshopped I guarantee.

03-15-2015, 08:42 AM
I may be in line for a used G42 if a SS9 release causes the used gun counters to be flooded with them.

TAZ
03-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Photoshopped I guarantee.

Agree. The grip size on my 42 doesn't seem oversized to accept a round almost 5 mm longer in OAL and that pic looks like a 42 frame.

As I stated before, I hope Glock doesn't go down the route of Kahr and Ruger with the undersized 9. Those micro 9's are just not fun to shoot. A single stack 9 that you can get a full grip on would be NICE. I'd probably buy one just cause.

Irelander
03-16-2015, 10:16 AM
I had been waiting for a Glock SS9 but couldn't wait anymore and decided to go with a PPS instead. I don't see any reason to regret that decision. PPS has a proven track record and I'm not one to go and buy the newest gun on the market. I'll give it 2 years and see how the G43 is doing and whether I still like the PPS...I'm betting I will.

KVDT
03-16-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't know if this is real or just stupid but if it is real could the new ss 9 be 19 size with a 10 round single stack mag? I know they have 10 round mags for the Glock 19 but they aren't single stack. Could a 19 length mag hold 10 rounds in a traditional single stack mag?

http://www.calegalmags.com/Glock-43-9mm--10rd-Single-Stack-Magazine-_p_1221.html

JHC
03-16-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't know but I've been assuming a pocketable 6 shot G43 which holds little interest to me. A slightly larger skinny 10 shot . . . recalculating.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-16-2015, 12:26 PM
I also thought the G36 was badly designed. An extended grip (not that clunky mag) with a few more rounds and reducing the overall width of the grip would have made it an attractive gun to me.

Not to divert from the glorious announcement of the G43.

JodyH
03-16-2015, 12:29 PM
A "1 1/2 half stack" magazine like the Shield could fit 10 rounds in a 19 length grip, but it'd be close to the same grip size as a 15 round 19. So what's the point? Especially considering a Glock single stack will most likely have the same height and width slide profile as the current 9mm's.

GJM
03-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Especially considering a Glock single stack will most likely have the same height and width slide profile as the current 9mm's.

Wanna bet?

TAZ
03-16-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't know if this is real or just stupid but if it is real could the new ss 9 be 19 size with a 10 round single stack mag? I know they have 10 round mags for the Glock 19 but they aren't single stack. Could a 19 length mag hold 10 rounds in a traditional single stack mag?

http://www.calegalmags.com/Glock-43-9mm--10rd-Single-Stack-Magazine-_p_1221.html

So they are dumping the reversible mag release for this one model firearm??? That's probably an old G19 or 17 mag.

Nephrology
03-16-2015, 02:36 PM

I would be surprised if that was real.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Look at other mags on their web site - like the Glock 32's. Seems the same picture to me.

NickA
03-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Now teasing a "new hit single" on FB.

Buckshot
03-17-2015, 06:21 PM

To me, the Shield with the +1 mag really replaces the fine old 3913/3953 IMO, except its lighter, thinner & has a better trigger (when Apex-ed).

I'm a very enthusiastic user of both the G19 & the Shield - as a civvie, I could be served just fine with either one, but they do serve slightly different purposes for me. I've been messing with the G42 for awhile as a sometimes BUG & as an inside the house kinda pistol - now that it has a Ghost connector & good 6# trigger, I think it'll be a keeper if my wife doesn't annex it from me.
Having been down the PM9 & Rohrbaugh road, I'm likely going to be an interested observer rather than a participant to the oncoming G43 Tsunami. If it is as small as it seems to be, physics suggest we're looking at a firearm that will be less comfortable/capable than the Shield in return for being a true pocket/ankle carry proposition. I'll likely stick to my lightweight 5 holers for the pocket/ankle job as they still have some advantages over autos in that role for my use.

LSP972
03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
I'll likely stick to my lightweight 5 holers for the pocket/ankle job as they still have some advantages over autos in that role for my use.

Amen, brother.

Although, the breathless anticipation over this G43 is fun to watch…;)

JBP55
03-17-2015, 06:44 PM
A magazine article on another forum shows the G43 to be a 6+1 single stack that is approximately .33" longer and 4oz. heavier than a G42 and approximately .15" shorter than a G26.

GJM
03-17-2015, 07:15 PM
A magazine article on another forum shows the G43 to be a 6+1 single stack that is approximately .33" longer and 4oz. heavier than a G42 and approximately .15" shorter than a G26.

Link or hint where to look?

JBP55
03-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Look under G43 on GT.

Look at next post.

JBP55
03-17-2015, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bsZU8Sk.jpg

KVDT
03-17-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll take one please!

DiscipulusArmorum
03-17-2015, 08:31 PM
So if those measurements and my quick Google comparisons are accurate, that's a ~PM9-sized grip with a top end a bit longer than the Shield?

JodyH
03-17-2015, 09:08 PM
About the same size as a Shield (the Glock is a fraction larger) and holds 6+1 rounds instead of the Shield's 7+1.
Street price will be $150 or so higher than the Shield as well.

http://youtu.be/oPwrodxghrw

davisj
03-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Never mind.

psalms144.1
03-17-2015, 09:25 PM
I wasn't interested UNTIL some non-LE wonk at my HQ tried to tell me that I'm limited in the number of personal weapons I'm allowed to have on my "letter." Now I see myself with a G43 soonest, just so they have to poop me more 9mm ammunition for qualifications.

Of course, I could just get a P320, and caliber conversions for .40 and .45, then feed them one serial number and three calibers...

LOKNLOD
03-17-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm so excited about the G43 that I finally ordered the PPS I've been wanting. :/

MGW
03-17-2015, 09:38 PM
I have the sudden desire for a single stack P320sc.

I'll have to shoot one but if it's a thin 26 with 6 round magazines I'll probably just stick with the 26. But, the 42 mags will hold 7 rounds with a different follower and sounds like they function fine this way. Maybe the 43 will too.

GJM
03-17-2015, 09:41 PM
I understand that there will soon be a seven round mag available for the 43, too.

psalms144.1
03-17-2015, 09:52 PM
So, if I'm reading the specs in that article correctly, it'll be about 3/4" longer than my PM9, and weigh about two ounces more, with the same capacity. The width looks similar to the G42, so that's likely close enough for government work compared to the PM9. We've seen advertisements for factory "extended" magazines up to 10 rounds, it has the same trigger as my primary carry, and the Blue Label price is going to be very aggressive. And, I'll predict that Ameriglo CAP front sights will work in that slide.

Everyone on here knows how much I love to hate Glock, but, in all seriousness, I see myself getting one of these. It will be a tertiary gun for me - a pistol to carry when I can't carry a gun, likely in a tuckable holster for "dress up, no jacket" occasions where the untucked shirt look doesn't fly. Like walking into nearly any Wal-Mart in America, there's comfort in familiarity, and Glock has built a deserved reputation for pistols that are very resistant to marginal carry conditions, like tuckable IWB against a sweaty gut... And, as nice as the PM9 is, the trigger doesn't lend itself to fast work, and I've been known to short-stroke it.

JodyH
03-17-2015, 09:52 PM
I understand that there will soon be a seven round mag available for the 43, too.
Then it will be slightly larger than the Shield with a 8 round magazine.
Glock must have borrowed from H&K's playbook when it comes to magazine capacity "We do less with more!".

GJM
03-17-2015, 10:00 PM
While I suspect the Glock fan boys and girls club isn't as passionate or sophisticated as the HK fan club, it may be just a tad bit larger group?

On the couple hour drive to a USPSA match on Sunday, I was taunting my buddy to sell his PM9 before Friday, as it would soon be worthless.

CarlK
03-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Looks like RECOIL magazine was shipped a bit early to mail subscribers this week... It seems to be nearly identical in size to the PPS. I am very glad I picked up a new PPS last week at a great price.

xmanhockey7
03-17-2015, 10:58 PM
Then it will be slightly larger than the Shield with a 8 round magazine.
Glock must have borrowed from H&K's playbook when it comes to magazine capacity "We do less with more!".

I'm betting with a flush mag it will have a shorter grip than the Shield. My Shield has a longer grip than my 27, but a shorter in length than the 27. I think the G43 will be a better size gun in many regards. People typically want shorter grip and longer sight radius. Put more simply the Shield is a slimmed down M&P 9/40C and the 43 will be a slimmed down G26/27.

LittleLebowski
03-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Bet a dollar a picture of the real 43 surfaces before the Friday announce date, if history is a guide.

http://i.imgur.com/bsZU8Sk.jpg

GJM
03-18-2015, 07:57 AM
I was thinkng of that, but I wasn't sure who I could collect my dollar from.

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 08:00 AM
I would be so onboard with buying one, but I will want a summer carry pistol sooner than later ... not one made of unobtanium with possible kinks that need to be worked out.

BobLoblaw
03-18-2015, 09:24 AM
If anyone wants to rid themselves of their fat, unwieldy gen4 G26, let me know.

LittleLebowski
03-18-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm not at all interested in this beast. Maybe someday when reliable 8 rounds or more mags are available.

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm not at all interested in this beast. Maybe someday when reliable 8 rounds or more mags are available.

yeah... I am thinking this summer is a good time to jump on the Shield.

breakingtime91
03-18-2015, 09:57 AM
It's unlikely anyone knows, but does the 43 share parts with the 42? Specifically the slide cover plate, striker assembly, and trigger bar.

I like where this is going....

MGW
03-18-2015, 10:04 AM
If anyone wants to rid themselves of their fat, unwieldy gen4 G26, let me know.

I definitely plan on keeping mine.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-18-2015, 10:18 AM
As a FOG civilian:

1. Is it a better pocket solution than my J frames or my G42 (if that is fixed by Glock)?
2. As a belt gun as I carry IWB these days - what does it offer over my 26 or 19 - which I alternate? I have holsters that fit both and the 19 mags work in the 26 if I carry an extra.

Of course, when I see it - I might go all gaga and buy one.

As far as PM9's - early adapted - early seller - mine never ran so I ditched it. Didn't want to fool around and traded it.

JBP55
03-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Factory Glock 43 9mm - 10 Round Single Stack Magazine

RELEASE DATE: Set for the end of this Spring. Exact date TBA
Ten round magazines for the G43 will be available soon.

Caliber = 9mm

Capacity = 10 Rounds

Attention: This new factory Glock 9mm single stack magazine is NOT compatible with any of the standard double stack 9mm Glock magazines (ie Glock 17,19,26,34)

DiscipulusArmorum
03-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Hoping to find a bargain on a Shield or PPS as a result of this development. My PM9 has been reliable after one trip back to the factory for the recoil spring binding on the slide, but it's just too small for me to get a decent grip on with my largish palms and alien-like long fingers. Thinking the Glock might be in the same boat if the numbers released so far are to be believed.

Chuck Haggard
03-18-2015, 12:44 PM
I knew that single stack 9mm would be heavier than the .380 by a noticeable margin.

The Shield sized guns appear to the the sweet spot for how small you can get a reliable and durable 9mm to be.

JodyH
03-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Since I already own 2 Shields, 2 PM9s, 2 Glock 26's, a P2000SK, a PPS, a LC9S Pro, a Glock 42, a LCP, a few snubbies and some other pocket pistols of assorted lineage... I might or might not be the demographic they're looking for.
I'm not going to actively seek one out to shoot or buy.
Initial info just doesn't impress me.

Totem Polar
03-18-2015, 01:23 PM
It's unlikely anyone knows, but does the 43 share parts with the 42? Specifically the slide cover plate, striker assembly, and trigger bar.

The ghost drop in connector I just got for my 42 is skewed "42-43" on my receipt.

Dropkick
03-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Since I already own 2 Shields, 2 PM9s, 2 Glock 26's, a P2000SK, a PPS, a LC9S Pro, a Glock 42, a LCP, a few snubbies and some other pocket pistols of assorted lineage... I might or might not be the demographic they're looking for.
I'm not going to actively seek one out to shoot or buy.
Initial info just doesn't impress me.

Aww... You're going to leave the G43 out in the cold like that? Did he pee on the rug again?

JBP55
03-18-2015, 02:19 PM
The
Glock
New G43.

Well folks, it’s finally here. Glock has answered the calls for a single stack 9mm, and she’s a beauty. Just a hair bigger than it’s little brother, the Glock 42, the new Glock 43 is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Check out the G43 Specs below:
Dimensions
Length (overall): 159 mm / 6.26 inch
Length (slide cpl.): 154 mm / 6.06 inch
Width: 26 mm / 1.02 inch
Height (with magazine): 108 mm / 4.25 inch
Barrel length: 86 mm / 3.39 inch
Length of twist: 250 mm / 9.84 inch
Trigger distance: 65 mm / 2.56 inch
Trigger travel: 12.5 mm / .49 inch
Barrel distance: 19 mm / 0.75 inch
Line of sight (polymer): 132 mm / 5.20 inch
Line of sight (steel): 131 mm / 5.16 inch
Line of sight (GNS): 130 mm / 5.12 inch
Weight
Pistol without magazine: 459 g / 16.19 oz
Magazine std. empty: 50 g / 1.76 oz
Magazine std. full: 125 g / 4.41 oz
Other Specifications
Magazine Capacity (rounds): 6
Barrel Profile: right hand twist; hexagonal
Standard Trigger Pull: ~5.5 lbs
Muzzle Velocity*: 1116 fps
Muzzle Energy*: 339 fps

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 02:21 PM
The
Glock
New G43.

Well folks, it’s finally here. Glock has answered the calls for a single stack 9mm, and she’s a beauty. Just a hair bigger than it’s little brother, the Glock 42, the new Glock 43 is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Check out the G43 Specs below:
Dimensions
Length (overall): 159 mm / 6.26 inch
Length (slide cpl.): 154 mm / 6.06 inch
Width: 26 mm / 1.02 inch
Height (with magazine): 108 mm / 4.25 inch
Barrel length: 86 mm / 3.39 inch
Length of twist: 250 mm / 9.84 inch
Trigger distance: 65 mm / 2.56 inch
Trigger travel: 12.5 mm / .49 inch
Barrel distance: 19 mm / 0.75 inch
Line of sight (polymer): 132 mm / 5.20 inch
Line of sight (steel): 131 mm / 5.16 inch
Line of sight (GNS): 130 mm / 5.12 inch
Weight
Pistol without magazine: 459 g / 16.19 oz
Magazine std. empty: 50 g / 1.76 oz
Magazine std. full: 125 g / 4.41 oz
Other Specifications
Magazine Capacity (rounds): 6
Barrel Profile: right hand twist; hexagonal
Standard Trigger Pull: ~5.5 lbs
Muzzle Velocity*: 1116 fps
Muzzle Energy*: 339 fps

Source?

JodyH
03-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Aww... You're going to leave the G43 out in the cold like that? Did he pee on the rug again?
That rug really tied the room together.

6.25" oal, 1.10" w, 4.25" oah w/mag.
That's identical to a PPS with the 6 round mag inserted.

JBP55
03-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Concealed Nation.

Totem Polar
03-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Source?

http://concealednation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/G43.pdf

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 02:50 PM
http://concealednation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/G43.pdf

Awesome. Danke.

JBP55
03-18-2015, 03:10 PM
SPECS G43 G42 G26
Length 6.26" 5.94" 6.41"
Width 1.02" .94" 1.18"
Height Including Magazine 4.25" 4.13" 4.17"
Barrel Length 3.39" 3.25" 3.42"
Length of Twist 9.84" 9.84" 9.84"
Trigger Travel 0.49" .49" .49"
Line of Sight 5.20" 4.92" 5.39"
Pistol Weight w/o Magazine 16.19 oz 13.76 oz 21.71 oz

momano
03-18-2015, 03:16 PM
That's not quite 3 oz. lighter than the shield. No wonder the comments about the recoil.

GJM
03-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Regardless of whether YOU intend to buy one, why aren't we shooters collectively better off with this new product intro from Glock?

JodyH
03-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Regardless of whether YOU intend to buy one, why aren't we shooters collectively better off with this new product intro from Glock?
Hamburger, hamburger, hamburger. (https://screen.yahoo.com/olympia-restaurant-000000640.html)

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM

after reading up how much it would cost me to put an Apex trigger kit in a shield, I think I want one again.

23JAZ
03-18-2015, 04:51 PM
after reading up how much it would cost me to put an Apex trigger kit in a shield, I think I want one again.
Ya but I have a feeling you'll be able to find a really cheap shield very soon. 300 for a shield and 150 for the apex kit with the alum trigger... I think I'm going that route. I'll pick up the 43 next year when the beta testing is done.

SouthNarc
03-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Hamburger, hamburger, hamburger. (https://screen.yahoo.com/olympia-restaurant-000000640.html)

LoL!

Failure2Stop
03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
LoL!

Yeah, guess I'll be having the cheeseburger, er, G43...

JHC
03-18-2015, 05:59 PM

Of course. This is poo poo the G42 all over again. Unless the gun shits the bed functioning its a monster hit. What is Vegas giving it?

Kyle Reese
03-18-2015, 06:00 PM

They'll sell as many as they make.

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 06:20 PM

I'm mostly just bitter because I know there is no way in hell I'll get my hands on one before 2017.

JodyH
03-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Of course. This is poo poo the G42 all over again. Unless the gun shits the bed functioning
Like the 42 did and some continue to do?

JHC
03-18-2015, 06:42 PM

Apparently not all that much

Nephrology
03-18-2015, 06:44 PM

and the Shield, too...

GardoneVT
03-18-2015, 06:58 PM

I would say they already have. Ought to be an epic waiting list already for these things.

Totem Polar
03-18-2015, 07:08 PM
and the Shield, too...

Hell, everyone old enough to read this thread should remember Ruger LCP recalls, too, and that thing did fine by sales in the long run. Shitting the bed first time up is par for the course for small autos, in my relatively short lifetime. {/shrug}

JDM
03-18-2015, 07:18 PM
TFB link to some G43 info:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/18/official-glock-43-single-stack-9mm/

coldcase1984
03-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Dammit! As a lifelong picker of nits I still cry to Smyrna to make a 43L, and to Springfield for a ShieldL.

As a fanboy since '93, I'm placing an order for a 43 w two blue box dealers tomorrow. And immediately petitioning LW for a threaded 4-in. Bbl for hush puppy fun and to make legal deer hunting length in Tennessee.

MGW
03-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Ayoob posted a video. No shooting just talking. http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2015/03/18/behold-the-long-awaited-slim-nine-glock-43/

Savage Hands
03-18-2015, 11:50 PM
Did I miss anyone hating on the 43 and telling everybody how unnecessary it is? I need to catch up.

Edwin
03-18-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm gonna guess the answer rhymes with "moon" ☺

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/35/e8/e835e8f4317f2c320c918775ab432a26.jpg

mcantu
03-19-2015, 12:34 AM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/G43.jpg

some comparisons with the Shield and PPS

slide width
G43- 0.86"
Shield- 0.91"
PPS- 0.9"

frame width
G43- 1.02"
Shield- 0.95"
PPS- 1.04" *(may include controls; ~0.9" if it does)

height
G43- 4.25"
Shield- 4.6"
PPS- 4.4"

weight
G43- 16.19oz
Shield- 19oz
PPS- 19.4oz

barrel length
G43- 3.39"
Shield- 3.1"
PPS- 3.2"

overall length
G43- 6.26"
Shield- 6.1"
PPS- 6.3"

NickDrak
03-19-2015, 01:47 AM
No "Grip-Zone" = FAIL

Jesting Devil
03-19-2015, 02:16 AM
Do we know anything about larger mags yet? An 8 rounder like the PPS or a +2 plate would go a long way it would seem

JHC
03-19-2015, 06:38 AM
No "Grip-Zone" = FAIL

What does "Grip-Zone" of which there is No mean?

JHC
03-19-2015, 06:39 AM
from Ayoob vid: G42, over 200K of them sold in its first year. Too funny.

GJM
03-19-2015, 06:52 AM
What does "Grip-Zone" of which there is No mean?

Google Rob Leatham You Tube and Grip Zone.

rob_s
03-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Someone posted somewhere, appropriately, that you pretty much have the people that wanted nothing to do with this gun before it was ever a twinkle in Gaston's eye, and those that couldn't wait to buy one, and no amount of internet chatter is going to change that.

As a general rule, what would be nice is if the first bunch would just stay out of threads, any threads, where that description applies to them, whether it be appendix carry, or AR vs. AK, or .380, or pocket guns, or whatever the newest argument is.

In other words, if you're only posting to shit on the thread, or have no real interest in the topic to begin with, and nothing to add or pertinent question to ask, just don't post.

saints75
03-19-2015, 07:45 AM
I guess the secret is out. Some much for trying to make it surprise lol I bet is a marketing ploy. Kidding aside, I an interested in the firearm. I am debating on getting a Shield, but I think I am going to wait and see how the 43 performance.

JHC
03-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Google Rob Leatham You Tube and Grip Zone.

He likes his XDs of course.

Put an XD® Mod.2™ in your hand, and you’ll feel the difference. Equipped with the GripZone™, the XD® Mod.2™ Sub-Compact applies ergonomic science to every surface that touches your hand.

Enter the GripZone™: a set of frame features working in unison to optimize interaction between the human hand and the pistol. Within the GripZone™, there are three distinct textures, each engineered for a specific purpose.

The GripZone™ doesn’t stop with new grip textures. The re-contoured, slimmer frame and slide add up to a far more natural grip feel that has nearly twice the magazine capacity and is only 2 tenths of an inch larger than single stack conceal carry models. The High-Hand™ grip relief and High-Hand™ beavertail enable the hand to be positioned as high as possible toward the barrel bore thereby greatly reducing the pistol’s felt recoil. The no-snag trigger guard minimizes possible unintended contact with a holster or clothing. All of these GripZone™ advantages are ergonomic features that you will truly feel. It all adds up to a pistol that naturally and comfortably stays positioned in your hand.
And that's nice. ;)

orionz06
03-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Because science!

Chuck Haggard
03-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Someone posted somewhere, appropriately, that you pretty much have the people that wanted nothing to do with this gun before it was ever a twinkle in Gaston's eye, and those that couldn't wait to buy one, and no amount of internet chatter is going to change that.

As a general rule, what would be nice is if the first bunch would just stay out of threads, any threads, where that description applies to them, whether it be appendix carry, or AR vs. AK, or .380, or pocket guns, or whatever the newest argument is.

In other words, if you're only posting to shit on the thread, or have no real interest in the topic to begin with, and nothing to add or pertinent question to ask, just don't post.

I still reserve the right to crap all over any thread in any forum where people want to say that Serpas are good holsters.

But otherwise, OK

Beat Trash
03-19-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm comparing the specs posted on the Glock 43 and comparing to the Shield with the 7 rd magazine.

The G43 is .35"/8mm shorter than a Shield in height, .16"/4m longer than a Shield in OAL of the slide, and about 1 oz lighter than a Shield, with empty magazines installed.

The Glock 43 is close enough in size to the Shield that I don't feel a need to run out and sell off my Shield's and buy Glock 43's.

I was hoping the Glock 43 would end up being closer in size to the PM9.

MGW
03-19-2015, 09:22 AM
I've always wanted to really like the Shield. It is a well done pistol but I don't personally shoot it well. Indian not the arrow. For what ever reason I shoot the 42 a lot better than the Shield. At first glance, without seeing specs, the 43 looked like a similar sized pistol to the 42 and that isn't what I want.

I have been hoping that Glock would release a PPS sized pistol and it looks like they have. If the 43 shoots as well as the PPS it's going to be a winner in my book. The 6 round magazines bothered me a first but plus one and two base plates will follow soon I'm sure.

I ordered a 42 right after they released and learned my lesson. I'm going to wait a awhile for the bugs to get worked out before ordering a 43. I'm holding out hope that they will run well right out of the gate. Time will tell.

Nephrology
03-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Because science!

Because paycheck.

JHC
03-19-2015, 09:40 AM
and about 1 oz lighter than a Shield, with empty magazines installed.

From the previous page of this thread I gathered the 43 was 3 oz lighter than the Shield. [shrug]

mcantu
03-19-2015, 10:27 AM
the more i think about it, the more i agree with the decision to go with 6 rounds. if you want super concealable stay with the flush factory mag. aftermarket +1 extensions will be a no-brainer and will probably put it at the same height as the Shield when installed, so you actually get more options this way

PensFan
03-19-2015, 10:36 AM
from Ayoob vid: G42, over 200K of them sold in its first year. Too funny.

What's funny? That's a fact.

Sent from Tapatalk

Totem Polar
03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
the more i think about it, the more i agree with the decision to go with 6 rounds. if you want super concealable stay with the flush factory mag. aftermarket +1 extensions will be a no-brainer and will probably put it at the same height as the Shield when installed, so you actually get more options this way
Agreed. People who want all the bullets have plenty of Austrian options. Seeing this thing in pics next to a G42--and having a G42 myself--makes me see this more as the ultimate deep concealment belt gun. If it runs more like a glock, and less like an early 42, it will be the NPE gun from hell.

hallnh727
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99oN_aliilc&feature=youtu.be

Guy shooting g43

warpedcamshaft
03-19-2015, 11:33 AM
That rug really tied the room together.

6.25" oal, 1.10" w, 4.25" oah w/mag.
That's identical to a PPS with the 6 round mag inserted.

Walther lists the following on their PPS page:

Height w/Magazine: S/M/L – 4.4″/4.9″/5.3″

Is that incorrect based on first hand measurement?

JodyH
03-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Sorry I can no longer comment in any thread unless I obtain permission from the great yellow visor first.

Yea right...

I haven't broken out the calipers yet but my Stanley tape measure shows my PPS with the tall HD sights and 6 round mag to be right under 4.5". With the shorter factory sights it's probably closer to just under 4.4".

orionz06
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm going to buy a 43 just as soon as I can and then I'm going to drive to Jody's house with a case of 9mm and make him shoot it.

Will it have a gadget?

JR1572
03-19-2015, 02:11 PM
I put a deposit on one just now.

JR1572

LittleLebowski
03-19-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm going to buy a 43 just as soon as I can and then I'm going to drive to Jody's house with a case of 9mm and make him shoot it.

I remember the time you punished me with that pallet of ammo and that MP5 SD. The punishment really made me think about what I did.

JBP55
03-19-2015, 02:48 PM
I put a deposit on one just now.

JR1572

Lafayette or Baton Rouge?

JR1572
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Lafayette or Baton Rouge?

Metairie location of the Lafayette business.

Supposedly I'm #1 on the list. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

JR1572

JodyH
03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't shoot it with your am.....

Wait... yes I would, I have very low standards when it comes to free ammo.

I'm sure I'll see a few 43's come through my CCW classes.
I fully expect them to run at least as well as the Tauri do, maybe even better!

oldtexan
03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
We have three 9mm PPSs that the Mrs. and I use to fulfill various roles. All three fill their roles well. The G43 looks like it is essentially identical to the PPS in terms of where it will fit and what roles it can fulfill. I certainly welcome the arrival of the G43, but I don't plan on buying one, because I don't need one.

breakingtime91
03-19-2015, 05:13 PM
If it runs and there is a gadget for it, I'll get one.

MGW
03-19-2015, 05:25 PM
I don't plan on buying one but I know me. The me I know buys stuff like that.

Sasage
03-19-2015, 07:40 PM
I'll stick with my Shield for now, but I wouldn't mind taking one to the range. I have never shot a 42 though...

CanineCombatives
03-20-2015, 02:35 AM
one more round and just a tad more grip length over the 42 would have sealed the deal for me, not into the pinkie curl

Dropkick
03-20-2015, 08:12 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that Pearce Grips will make a grip extension.
Now if anyone makes an extended mag, or mag extension that isn't junk is another thing.

davisj
03-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Glock has a webpage dedicated to the 43 but it keeps crashing. There is an infomercial at the bottom but it also has some good photos.

www.singlestack9.com

JBP55
03-20-2015, 09:53 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that Pearce Grips will make a grip extension.
Now if anyone makes an extended mag, or mag extension that isn't junk is another thing.

Glock is making an optional 10 round magazines for the G43.

JodyH
03-20-2015, 10:09 AM
FML... my wife informed me last night that she's first on the list for a 43 at our dealer.
Because... "it's a single stack Glock".

That's what I get for letting her out of the kitchen.

breakingtime91
03-20-2015, 10:14 AM
FML... my wife informed me last night that she's first on the list for a 43 at our dealer.

Yesssss. And that was pretty sexist lol. is it bad that I hope you like it even though I don't have a stake in this

PensFan
03-20-2015, 10:29 AM
G43 doesn't share many parts with the G42. And no 10rd mag that I'm aware of.

JHC
03-20-2015, 10:30 AM

That's funny as hell right there!