PDA

View Full Version : Aholster

Little Creek
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Anyone out there have an "Ahoster"? if so, how do you like it for concealed carry behind the hip covered by a shirt or vest? I would be using it for a G26.

VolGrad
08-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I have used them in the past. They hold pretty snug to the body and the rubber belt loops are quite durable. The overall shape/molding of the body of the holster is kind of crude but completely functional and from what I can tell Alan is a pretty stand up guy. In the end I moved away from aHolsters as I found things I liked better but there's nothing wrong with his work. Pretty quick turn around too IIRC.

My experience was with GLOCKs and 1911s, used for both concealed carry and range/class work.

Little Creek
08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Are there other brands of the same style holster that work better? Thanks for your coment.

VolGrad
08-11-2011, 08:34 AM
What is you are looking for? Are you looking for an OWB kydex holster or are you looking for an OWB kydex holster with quick on/off snap loops? Both?

My personal preference is Personal Security Systems. He offers both IWB and OWB kydex holsters. He offers snap loops as an option as well. He also makes light carrier holsters.

http://www.psholsters.com/

I use these guys for daily carry, range/class use, and for competition.

Little Creek
08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I am looking for an OWB behind the hip holster. One that holds the pistol close to the body for concealed carry. One that can be put on or taken off the belt easily without unbuckling the belt. One that is comfortable enough to carry all day.

Thanks for your input.

VolGrad
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Based on what you are looking for Personal Security Systems can hook you up. There are other good options out there so I'll just say PSS is my choice and leave it at that.

Good luck.

Little Creek
08-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I appears that they do not offer holsters for left handed carry. I guess I am out of luck with PSS. Thanks.

VolGrad
08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I appears that they do not offer holsters for left handed carry. I guess I am out of luck with PSS. Thanks.

Steve makes holsters for left handers. On the order place on the website the "side of carry" isn't a drop down box. You have to type it in the box, if I'm reading it correctly. Don't write them off just yet. Just send him an e-mail.

TheLaw
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I second PSS Holsters!