PDA

View Full Version : Gunfight Veteran Interview

41magfan
02-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Forgive me if this is old or has already been posted somewhere.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/02/17/interview-bob-stasch-chicago-pd-veteran-14-gunfights/

Peally
02-17-2015, 10:58 AM
I haven't seen that before, thanks

45dotACP
02-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Very interesting. Seems he runs counter to the logic of our time...a guy shooting a big bore, lower capacity pistol with just a flash front sight picture, one handed, and with maybe 3,000 rounds of practice yearly.

Also, the old definition of backup gun for Chicago PD gave me the lulz :D

DamonL
02-20-2015, 01:04 PM
An interesting interview!

His first gunfight showed there is no magic bullet. His partner emptied his .45LC revolver and .38 snub into the perp and he emptied his .44 mag into the perp. Wow!

Peally
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Center mass and near the spine too. The one that finally did him in was a lucky/thrown shot low into his knee, and even then he only died more than a week later

Casual Friday
02-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Very interesting. Seems he runs counter to the logic of our time...a guy shooting a big bore, lower capacity pistol with just a flash front sight picture, one handed, and with maybe 3,000 rounds of practice yearly.

Also, the old definition of backup gun for Chicago PD gave me the lulz :D

I also found it interesting that the only aftermarket sights he likes is XS Express sights, but those sights lend themselves pretty well for the flash sight picture and type of training he does so it makes sense that he likes them. I keep saying that one day I'll buy a set to play with but I just never have.

DamonL
02-21-2015, 08:57 AM
When he first said he was a point-shooter, I choked. But then he said, he brought the gun to eye level and caught the front sight I realized he was using aimed fire.

Dagga Boy
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
I also found it interesting that the only aftermarket sights he likes is XS Express sights, but those sights lend themselves pretty well for the flash sight picture and type of training he does so it makes sense that he likes them. I keep saying that one day I'll buy a set to play with but I just never have.

In all honesty, for low light and close range movers, the X/S sights work well.......I just like to be able to shoot other stuff well.

JHC
02-25-2015, 07:18 PM
In all honesty, for low light and close range movers, the X/S sights work well.......I just like to be able to shoot other stuff well.

+1 from a lot of work with both, HDs do all XS can do plus a lot more XS does not so much.