PDA

View Full Version : 3" model 10s available

jh9
02-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Just noticed this

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654_774/products_id/411545640/Used+Smith+and+Wesson+Model+10+38SPL+3%22

Buds has police trade in (Australian?) 3" 10s. If they ever fall off the "team buds only" list I might pick one up.

PumpGunGuy
02-02-2015, 08:16 AM
That's odd. I ordered one Saturday evening, I'm not a 'Team Member', and it did not have that restriction. I wonder if that means they are getting low?

WDW
02-02-2015, 08:52 AM
That's what Buds does...when they have a rare or popular item, they list it under their membership category.

Up1911Fan
02-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Just snagged one. Not too happy about the Team Buds BS, not really a revolver guy but i've lusted after a 3" K-Frame for a long time, under $400 shipped, i'm ok with.

Dagga Boy
02-02-2015, 12:39 PM
I have one of these at Robar right now (from a different source). These were generally export police guns. Mine shoots great and should be a real keeper when it gets home from Robar. It will be the basis for my "Vanilla revolver" article.

Rosco Benson
02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
I like 3" K-frames, but not with a square butt. That can be addressed though.

Rosco

jh9
02-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Gone now.

Probably for the best. Got a 3 inch 686+ last month. Really didn't need a 3" 10.

At least that's what I'm telling myself since they're sold out now.

Dagga Boy
02-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I like 3" K-frames, but not with a square butt. That can be addressed though.

Rosco

I said that too........until the Nills went on it and the world was right. Of course the grips cost almost as much as the gun......:confused:

David S.
02-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Jgsales.com lists some model 10 and 64's for sale on their site for about that price. No membership required.

LHS
02-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Jgsales.com lists some model 10 and 64's for sale on their site for about that price. No membership required.

The only ones I saw were 4", and they ranged between $420 (basic M10 4") to $500 (hand-pick M64 4"). A membership at Bud's is (IIRC) $30, which brings the total for one of those 3" M10s to $370.

David S.
02-02-2015, 09:22 PM
my bad.

45dotACP
02-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I have one of these at Robar right now (from a different source). These were generally export police guns. Mine shoots great and should be a real keeper when it gets home from Robar. It will be the basis for my "Vanilla revolver" article.

I'll be quite interested in this article. I like Glocks myself, but a model 64 is in my safe because...well wheelguns is real guns. It's an outstanding pistol, and the 10lb DA trigger is easy to manage because it is seriously as smooth as glass.

RevolverRob
02-04-2015, 11:05 PM
The only guns I regret trading off are a Webley MK IV and a Smith M64-1. Why I did that, I'll never know (in either case I went out to buy some kind of crunchenticker semi-auto, that later got sold or traded off). I also wish I had the Nagant and H&R 6" .22LR Target revolver that my mother bought me years ago...some jerkbag stole both of those (don't get me started).

But this thread has me looking hard for a 4" square-butt K-Frame to add back to the collection. I have a 3" M65, maybe it's time for a 4" 10/64 or maybe a Model 67. Wouldn't hurt to consider a 17/617 either (I have about 10k rounds of .22 LR stashed). And AIM Surplus has a couple of crates of Nagants left, no man can live life without a Nagant, right? Right.

Damnit. I was using my latest gun money for ammo, not guns. But instead of five cases of ammo I can buy two or three revolvers and still buy two cases of ammo...Hmm...

PumpGunGuy
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I received my 3" model 10 from Bud's yesterday, checked the timing, end shake, and trigger, all were acceptable so I accepted the transfer. Today I went to an indoor range with factory Winchester standard pressure 158 grain swc's, and fired away. Not too bad a group, POI was OK at 10 yards. Swing out the cylinder, 5 pieces of brass tumbled right out, but the 6th was stuck. With careful application of increasing force I was able to remove it. Next cylinder, same result. After that it was a five shooter.

When I got home, I called Bud's, and explained the situation, that I had inspected it, but that there was no way short of firing the gun to detect this problem (probably a jugged charge hole, even knowing it was there I couldn't see it). They offered to take it back (last time I shipped a pistol I think it cost about $70), so I said I thought they should reimburse me. They offered a call tag, and $25 reduction to my refund. After speaking with the supervisor, then waiting for him to speak with his supervisor, he said this ONE TIME ONLY they would issue a call tag without a deduction. I thanked him, and now I'm just waiting for the call tag.

Lessons learned.
1) remain polite, the person on the phone has one of the worst jobs in the world.
2) be persistent, and don't hesitate to politely ask to speak with a supervisor.
3) don't buy surplus guns on the internet.

So I'm out the FFL transfer ($20), and I don't have a 3" model 10.
Anybody have an extra one?

Up1911Fan
02-13-2015, 12:04 AM
Haven't got mine yet but hoping it's better than the one you got.