PDA

View Full Version : Some one call Rob Leatham because you are in the Grip Zone

PPGMD
01-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Even Robbie is making light of the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVDCzaeLO2Y

GJM
01-31-2015, 05:14 PM
Did you pick up that Heirloom Precision was in there. I am telling you, the XD is TLG's perfect companion piece to his $27,500 dollar Heirloom Commander.

PPGMD
01-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Did you pick up that Heirloom Precision was in there. I am telling you, the XD is TLG's perfect companion piece to his $27,500 dollar Heirloom Commander.

It goes even further, Jason from Heirloom shoots the Grip Zone Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4x497cw2w

LHS
01-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Grip zoooooone

fixer
01-31-2015, 08:20 PM
epic. hilarious. 'Grip Zone' should be the new 'fify' for calling out derp.

Edit: and when did Usery pass become Rio Salado Sports club?

Clobbersaurus
01-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Hahaha.....and a catch phrase is borne.

SLG
01-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Jason is actually taller than 4 foot 1 in real life...:-)

SpyderMan2k4
01-31-2015, 09:14 PM
That's hilarious.

GJM
01-31-2015, 09:56 PM
This is absolutely hysterical. I am kind if bummed I didn't get to run the Grip Zone challenge on Wednesday.

I also now understand the Jason/TLG/SLG thing better.

GardoneVT
01-31-2015, 10:28 PM
"Highway ...to.... the... GRIP ZONE!"

(-sound of F-14 Tomcat flyby)

RJ
02-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Bah, he only yelled once at the start, not all three times. Isn't that like a deduction or something? ;)

RJ
02-01-2015, 08:09 AM
I will say, someone at SA marketing is paying attention.

This stuff is aimed straight at the heart of noob shooters like me entering the marketplace in droves these days:

"When picking up the Mod.2™, shooters will find that critical aspects of the design have been fine-tuned. Mod.2™ ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand. The entire interface between the shooter and the gun has been updated, while retaining the Point-and-Shoot characteristics that made it famous. Key features have been tweaked and enhanced to further enable effortless shooting. And you'll find that the overall package is now more concealable as well."

http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/features/xd-mod-2/

Hambo
02-01-2015, 08:46 AM
ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand

Pure Zen enlightenment there.

RevolverRob
02-01-2015, 09:46 AM
"When picking up the Mod.2™, shooters will find that critical aspects of the design have been fine-tuned. Mod.2™ ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand. The entire interface between the shooter and the gun has been updated, while retaining the Point-and-Shoot characteristics that made it famous. Key features have been tweaked and enhanced to further enable effortless shooting. And you'll find that the overall package is now more concealable as well."

http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/features/xd-mod-2/

Damn fine marketing and a reminder of why I really dislike Springfield Armory as a company. I admit their products are better built than Taurus, but their marketing practices have always been as bad or worse than Taurus and smack of lowest common denominator.

That said, the videos above are excellent.

-Rob

GardoneVT
02-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Damn fine marketing and a reminder of why I really dislike Springfield Armory as a company. I admit their products are better built than Taurus, but their marketing practices have always been as bad or worse than Taurus and smack of lowest common denominator.

That said, the videos above are excellent.

-Rob

Which is why their XDs are such best sellers when the HS2000 was not.

Dagga Boy
02-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Yea, he is more like your height. All you need is for him to grow a little beard and he can join you and Jeff Gonzales in the Tactical Lollipop Guild. Everytime you and Jeff ran through the booth at SHOT I got startled.....you guys are closer than you appear....;).

MGW
02-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Someone at Springfield is paying attention to the market. Their grip zone is one of the dumbest things I've seen on a pistol but at least it isn't rainbow or carbon fiber.

They have started offering the XDs "Essentials" kit that puts the price right in line with the Shield. The 9mm XDs also has three magazine size options just like the PPS. That sounds a lot like market research driven improvements to me. Their full size pistols seem to be super popular at various gun games. I've never heard of accuracy issues from their XD line. The biggest complaints I hear are difficulty getting parts and the stupid grip safety. But people still seem to be buying them and staying loyal to their brand.

I would be interested in seeing actual sales numbers/market share of their pistols.

TCinVA
02-01-2015, 03:05 PM
I told Jason on the bookings of faces that he needs to get some 1911 GRIP ZONE grips made for his pistols.

Savage Hands
02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
That's pretty funny :cool:

SLG
02-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Yea, he is more like your height. All you need is for him to grow a little beard and he can join you and Jeff Gonzales in the Tactical Lollipop Guild. Everytime you and Jeff ran through the booth at SHOT I got startled.....you guys are closer than you appear....;).

Us small guys have to stick together. We kept coming through your booth because your warbelt had enough stuff on it to outfit both of us:-)

GJM
02-01-2015, 04:51 PM
I have a flow chart to describe the SLG/TLG/Jason thing.

Also, I do have a confession to make about Darryl. I feel really safe around him -- size does matter. Plus, I don't worry that he will constantly need a protein bar to stave off low blood sugar.

RevolverRob
02-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Did anyone else notice the heading on Springfield's page for the Mod.2? "Sub-Compact Pistols for Competition Shooting".

I also loved this bit of ad copy - "The XD® Mod.2™ is the refinement of a classic, a distillation of greatness. Those things that made the XD® what it is remain and are amplified, revised or improved in order to bring you the next step in the evolution of the polymer framed pistol."

When did the XD become a "classic"?

GJM
02-01-2015, 05:12 PM
I think the XD became a classic when they sold six +/- million of them.

That mod something may rock CCP class. :)

HCM
02-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Does the grip safety on the 2.0 lock up the slide when not depressed or is it like the XDS?

Dagga Boy
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Us small guys have to stick together. We kept coming through your booth because your warbelt had enough stuff on it to outfit both of us:-)

Figured I can drop one of you guys in my dump pouch as an emergency back up.

SLG
02-01-2015, 05:58 PM

I've been called a trunk monkey before...

MGW
02-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Does the grip safety on the 2.0 lock up the slide when not depressed or is it like the XDS?

From what I've seen yes.

JAD
02-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Also, I do have a confession to make about Darryl. I feel really safe around him -- size does matter. Plus, I don't worry that he will constantly need a protein bar to stave off low blood sugar.

Dude, you look entirely too much like beef jerky to feel safe hanging around DB.

Dagga Boy
02-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Dude, you look entirely too much like beef jerky to feel safe hanging around DB.

We like meat......because size does matter. Yeti and Nyeti

ToddG
02-01-2015, 07:27 PM

All I kept thinking was, what is he doing at the range when he could be building another pistol?!?

I'm concerned that you felt a flow chart was necessary. It's three dudes into guns. The confusion confuses me.

I've been called a trunk monkey before...

PF has rules against discussing explicit sexual behavior. Please follow those rules. Thank you.

Funniest. Thing. Ever.

GJM
02-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Todd, the "Chart" can be summarized. You are happy SLG and Jason see "eye to eye" on how to build a great 1911.

ToddG
02-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Todd, the "Chart" can be summarized. You are happy SLG and Jason see "eye to eye" on how to build a great 1911.

Indeed. I'm incredibly fortunate (and thankful) for many things involving my Burton gun, that included.

Dagga Boy
02-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Indeed. I'm incredibly fortunate (and thankful) for many things involving my Burton gun, that included.

Which one came up with the 9mm idea.....:confused:.;)

ToddG
02-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Which one came up with the 9mm idea.....:confused:.;)

That was me, so no blame should be ascribed to either of them.

Matt O
02-01-2015, 09:34 PM

Does this count as the ultimate NY reload?

Jason Burton
02-01-2015, 09:36 PM
.... All you need is for him to grow a little beard and he can join you and Jeff Gonzales in the Tactical Lollipop Guild...

All three of us did manage to link up at the VZ Grips booth during SHOT... but our guild meeting was adjourned early on as the place got so packed with people who were stopping to admire our impressive display of height. :cool:

Jason Burton
02-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Oops.... forgot to mention.... GRIP ZONE!!

ToddG
02-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Grip zone!