PDA

View Full Version : What make?

kemperhills
01-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi all, been a while. I have a 38 that was my grandfathers and I wanted to know who the manufacture was. It has W&S on the grips. The pistol needs some parts so it will fire and I don't know what W&S stands for. Thanks.

lightning fast
01-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Photos?

HCM
01-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi all, been a while. I have a 38 that was my grandfathers and I wanted to know who the manufacture was. It has W&S on the grips. The pistol needs some parts so it will fire and I don't know what W&S stands for. Thanks.

Photos and more detailed info on the other markings would help. Best guess would be W&S standing for Webley & Scott an English revolver maker.

kemperhills
01-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Photos and more detailed info on the other markings would help. Best guess would be W&S standing for Webley & Scott an English revolver maker.

Sorry guys, no way to post a photo. And the marking on the side of the barrel is worn so bad I can't read them. Wanted to know who made the gun so I could try to find one online to see if I could figure out what gun I have.

It was my grandfathers, and I am 63, to the gun is old. Just wanted it in working order. Just wanted it to shoot. Couldn't find anything online that looked like it so I guess I'll take it to a gunsmith and see what he says. Thanks.

Malamute
01-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Sorry guys, no way to post a photo. And the marking on the side of the barrel is worn so bad I can't read them. Wanted to know who made the gun so I could try to find one online to see if I could figure out what gun I have.

It was my grandfathers, and I am 63, to the gun is old. Just wanted it in working order. Just wanted it to shoot. Couldn't find anything online that looked like it so I guess I'll take it to a gunsmith and see what he says. Thanks.

Does your cell phone take pictures? Do any of your friends phones take pictures? Grandkids?

Pictures from a cell phone can be sent (texted) to an email address, then that somebody could post it.

Also, try a google image search for Webley and Scott revolvers and see if anything turns up similar. Let us know, many of us like old guns.

Here, click this,

https://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=webley+and+scott+revolver&gbv=2&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=NyvBVLTmAdXdoATf84HoBQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ

Paul
01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
There a bunch of different old Webley & Scott revolvers out there in a variety of different ".38" calibers, proof markings, rechamberings, etc. Your best bet is to seek out "Old Fuff" on thehighroad.org and talk to him. If he doesn't know the answer he will know someone that does.

Tamara
01-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Most all hard rubber Webley grips I've seen say "Webley" and not "W&S".

Is it a top-break, a swing-out cylinder, or does it use a loading gate?