PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

texag
08-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I am addicted to gun forums. I spend a large amount of time online, and much of that time is spent on various forums. The quality of information varies greatly.

After a 4 page discussion on the suitability of single action revolvers for carry where most of the respondents said they were just as suitable as a modern pistol, I am glad that I can come here for sanity. In my short time as a member on this forum I have had more lightbulb moments than the prior 2 years since I bought my first pistol.

I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to those who take the time to make this forum the great source of information it is. I guess that's what happens when you have a large number of awesome people (i.e. Archer fans) in one place.

ToddG
08-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Mike Honcho
08-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I can agree with that. The signal-to-noise ratio here is pretty good. I honestly rank this PF.com with TPI in that regard.

TCinVA
08-08-2011, 07:06 AM
I think all of the members of the PF.com staff are pleased to hear that the site is a valuable resource for the membership. We've learned many lessons...often the hard way...about forums over the years and we're hoping that experience pays off with a high-quality technical resource for people who take the subject matter seriously while not taking themselves too seriously. ;)

dookie1481
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I am really amazed by the quality of this forum. I think it is a direct reflection of the Staff, Mods, and SMEs here. They really set the tone and I have yet to see a clusterfuck of a thread like the ones that are often found at other forums.

beltjones
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Big +1 to everything posted here. I'm always impressed by the level of discourse, and the experience of the contributors here - especially how lightly moderated it seems to be.

JHC
08-08-2011, 03:25 PM
And to maintain these standards, I strive to keep my average daily post count below 2.0. :) I am pretty familiar with a lot of forums and this one is the best thing going for handguns by a wide margin. Thanks PF.

JFK
08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I can agree with that. The signal-to-noise ratio here is pretty good. I honestly rank this PF.com with TPI in that regard.

Are you an Audio Engineer?

jeepgal1961
08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I would also like to extend my heartfelt thank you to the people that make this forum possible.

I've only been shooting about 4 months. I started with a Colt 1911-22. I've gotten quite accurate with it so I signed up for more training. I needed a 'modern defensive handgun' for the new classes. Since I'm a lefty my research brought me to the P30 and that's how I found this forum.

In the short time I've been here I've read more valuable (to me) information than any other forum I've been to. My main take-a-way by far is how to practice. Before I was going to the range and just trying to hit the bullseye on my target. Now I've learned to have a plan before I get there. What to practice when I get there, how to practice it and just as important as when to stop.

Thank you to everyone that puts their time into making this forum what it is.

ETA:

I'm a project manager...I live for having a plan:)

Mike Honcho
08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Are you an Audio Engineer?

Nope, but I do own an Ipod.

JFK
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Nope, but I do own an Ipod.

Just curious not a lot of people use the term 'signal to noise ratio'.

You are correct though, lots of info here, very little interwebz garble.

texag
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Just curious not a lot of people use the term 'signal to noise ratio'.

You are correct though, lots of info here, very little interwebz garble.

It's pretty common on firearms forums.

ToddG
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
It's pretty common on firearms forums.

With noise more common than signal often. :cool:

texag
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
With noise more common than signal often. :cool:

You mean knowing where to purchase chrome parts for my glock isn't critical to my ability to effectively defend myself with it?

ToddG
08-10-2011, 10:29 AM
You mean knowing where to purchase chrome parts for my glock isn't critical to my ability to effectively defend myself with it?

Depends. Are you defending yourself against... THIS?

http://www.makethelist.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rust-monster-555x369.jpg

Kyle Reese
08-11-2011, 10:01 AM
The quality of this forum is a direct reflection of it's members, so I thank you, OP. :)