PDA

View Full Version : Value of a 5" M&P

BigT
01-13-2015, 11:23 AM
I may have a line on a 5" 38 Special M&P. Serial number seems to put it as pre '42 gun based on The Standard Catalogue of S&W. Serial number in the 6XXXXX range The gun looks new. If its been reblued its a spectacular job, but to my inexpert eye it doesn't look like a reblue. Case hardening on the hammer and trigger still looks new. Grips also look like they've never seen a day work. All in all a spectacular piece. I know prices are a very regional thing but any idea of what something like that would be worth over there?

Wayne Dobbs
01-13-2015, 11:41 AM
I'd guess in the $650-750 US range, although S&W prices are variable around the country and trending high.

Tamara
01-14-2015, 10:21 PM
"Pencil barrels (http://cosmolineandrust.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-smith-44-38-military-police.html)" do bring a small premium over the more common 4" guns. Wayne's estimate sounds about right.

BigT
01-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Apologies for the delayed than you, none the less than you very much guys:) still working on this

ps Wayne great to have met you at SHOT and thanks again.

Wayne Dobbs
01-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Apologies for the delayed than you, none the less than you very much guys:) still working on this

ps Wayne great to have met you at SHOT and thanks again.

I enjoyed our conversation at SHOT a great deal and hope we meet again, brother!