PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's new Remmy 700 SA "Hunter 700" stock and mag system

LittleLebowski
01-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Hunter 700, $259.95 MSRP has an anodized aluminum bedding block, uses SGA cheek riser and LOP spacers, has M-LOK slots, has dimples to add swivel studs and places to add our QD sockets, weighs 2.9 lbs, and works with factory Rem bottom metal as packaged, or....

Remove a spacer (30 seconds) and insert our hybrid steel and polymer Bolt Action Magazine Well (MSRP $69.95, includes one magazine) to use AICS compatible magazines, speaking of which...

The PMAG5 7.62 AC is an AICS compatible polymer magazine with anti-tilt follower, MSRP $34.95. The magazine holds five rounds as packaged to comply with hunting regulations, but if you clip the follower stop on a pre-scored line, it becomes a 6-round magazine, useful in competitive shooting disciplines or just for an extra round.

http://youtu.be/MriubZ3fUsA

breakingtime91
01-13-2015, 10:03 AM
That is sweet

LittleLebowski
01-13-2015, 10:29 AM
That is sweet

Yup. Do want. Might be dumping my B&C stock to help fund this.

SeriousStudent
01-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Yesterday I had decided to buy a Mcrees Precision stock, for a Remington 700 project I'm working on. Then I read about this last night. I'm going to try this one out instead.

If it does not work, I'm out a whopping 300-ish bucks, and I can probably resell it for not much of a loss. Plus, I already have a bunch of parts for the SGA stocks on two other shotguns.

Should be interesting.

Maple Syrup Actual
01-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Very curious about this. I'm currently doing some work for one of those chassis builders so I should probably not publicly gush over this thing, but you know...it looks like it's going to be way cheaper than any of the all-metal options. In fact it looks like it's going to cost about what a PRS costs that's I'd stick on a chassis.

And honestly I'm not good enough to really need a chassis system anyway.

SeriousStudent
01-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Very curious about this. I'm currently doing some work for one of those chassis builders so I should probably not publicly gush over this thing, but you know...it looks like it's going to be way cheaper than any of the all-metal options. In fact it looks like it's going to cost about what a PRS costs that's I'd stick on a chassis.

And honestly I'm not good enough to really need a chassis system anyway.

The PRS was what I was going to stick on the end of the Mcrees.

Then you add the Atlas bipod, and the AI mags.....This is looking to save me about 500 bucks that I can put toward better glass.

SecondsCount
01-14-2015, 12:53 AM
If it really weighs 2.9 lbs. then I am seriously interested. Next week I will be at SHOT checking it out. :cool:

Maple Syrup Actual
01-14-2015, 12:57 AM
I would think at least five bills, for sure

breakingtime91
01-14-2015, 07:12 AM
The guys pull ups really sealed the deal for me. I will be sketching out the build for 2015/2016 :cool:

Alpha Sierra
01-16-2015, 04:57 AM
Before getting all excited about a plastic stock, I'd want to know for sure how stiff the forend is. Unless the bedding block continues forward most of the way or some seriously thick web sections molded inside the forend, it's a no go for me.

LittleLebowski
01-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Before getting all excited about a plastic stock, I'd want to know for sure how stiff the forend is. Unless the bedding block continues forward most of the way or some seriously thick web sections molded inside the forend, it's a no go for me.

I sort of "know" Wojcik (he served with my brother) and I'll bet money that he and Magpul made sure this would not happen.

SLG
01-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Handled it today. I'll have one as soon as they are ready to ship. Looks very impressive so far.

LittleLebowski
01-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Handled it today. I'll have one as soon as they are ready to ship. Looks very impressive so far.

Jealous. Do you think think it would shave weight compared to my current B&C setup we talked about?

SLG
01-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Jealous. Do you think think it would shave weight compared to my current B&C setup we talked about?

Not sure which one you have, but probably not. A basic B&C is probably under 3 pounds. On the other hand, this gives you lots of stock adjustment as well as a dbm, all for a pretty low weight. If you wanted, you could probably sell your stock for half to 2/3'rds the cost of the magpul. Is it bedded?

LittleLebowski
01-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Not sure which one you have, but probably not. A basic B&C is probably under 3 pounds. On the other hand, this gives you lots of stock adjustment as well as a dbm, all for a pretty low weight. If you wanted, you could probably sell your stock for half to 2/3'rds the cost of the magpul. Is it bedded?

This exact stock (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1103114579/bell-and-carlson-medalist-m40-varmint-tactical-rifle-stock-remington-700-bdl-short-action-with-aluminum-bedding-block-system-varmint-barrel-channel-synthetic), not bedded.

Clusterfrack
01-21-2015, 11:11 AM
I am at least as excited about the AI compatible mags as I am about the chassis. Hopefully they work better than Alphamags.

SecondsCount
09-11-2015, 10:55 AM
NOW SHIPPING (https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/1032208433458172)

breakingtime91
09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
NOW SHIPPING (https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/1032208433458172)

Are you getting one?

SecondsCount
09-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Are you getting one?

Maybe eventually. With the size of the barrel channel being limited to basically a Remington heavy/varmint contour barrel, it limits what I can put in it. None of my custom barreled actions will fit.

I may swap the stock on my Remington VS. It has the factory HS Precision sporter/hunter style stock on it so I would be gaining some better ergos but not much in the accuracy department.

SeriousStudent
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM
I will be purchasing the FDE model with the bottom metal kit and a half dozen mags.

It gets hot here during a Texas summer, and I prefer not to fry my head on a black stock.

Crews
09-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I will be buying one, just as soon as they come out with a long action.

I wonder if they are going to make a long action?

SecondsCount
09-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I will be buying one, just as soon as they come out with a long action.

I wonder if they are going to make a long action?

If the initial release takes off, I foresee them eventually making it for all the popular bolt guns on the market, and the LA Remington being next on their list.

I also hope they make magazines for the .380" (223) and .447"(7.62x39/6.5 Grendel) diameter case calibers.

ragnar_d
09-11-2015, 07:48 PM
I've got a serious case of the wants on this one . . . may wait until the mags and bottom metal are available and pull the trigger on everything at once. debating between OD and FDE. Looking forward to the 10 round mags too.

I will be purchasing the FDE model with the bottom metal kit and a half dozen mags.

It gets hot here during a Texas summer, and I prefer not to fry my head on a black stock.

When I lived in Florida, that was almost the exact reasoning why I had the FDE stuff on my gun. Not trying to be ATAS, just didn't want to fry myself on a gun that was sitting in the August son for 30 minutes while waiting to shoot a 3-gun stage!

SeriousStudent
09-12-2015, 01:41 AM

When I lived in Florida, that was almost the exact reasoning why I had the FDE stuff on my gun. Not trying to be ATAS, just didn't want to fry myself on a gun that was sitting in the August son for 30 minutes while waiting to shoot a 3-gun stage!

Understand exactly what you mean. I have a .223 bolt gun that is a great deal of fun to shoot, but often gets a piece of canvas thrown over it. And not just to protect the glass.

LittleLebowski
09-12-2015, 06:53 AM
I have one coming in but it will be a while.