PDA

View Full Version : 2015 CMP Competition Rule Books

usmcrmsgt
01-11-2015, 01:36 PM
The CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) has considerably widened the field to welcome new shooters to the tradition Bullseye arena.

Traditionally restricting allowable handguns to dedicated Target Pistol and Revolver designs, the CMP has this year opened the eligibility list to include a vast majority of more commonly available and owned defensive type Pistols and Revolvers. There are still restrictions as to allowable ammunition and match structure but the field of allowable handguns has widened considerably.

The new rules have recently been posted online and available at the following links:

CMP Service Rifle and Pistol Rule Book (focusing more on traditional Bullseye target marksmanship);

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf

CMP Rifle and Pistol Games Rule Book (focusing more on less intense Bullseye sport shooting);

http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CMPGamesRules.pdf

Alpha Sierra
01-11-2015, 03:11 PM
What is really interesting to me is the increase in the allowable number of EIC matches from 3 to 5 (not including the NTI) for civilian shooters.

I stopped shooting service rifle about 5 years ago with 18 points to go to leg out. Now some of the recent advances in ashpherical rear sight lenses have lured me back into the game. I just picked up a NM upper on gunbroker and made a buy offer on a NM lower in Armslist.

Lomshek
01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Never understood why they don't allow an M4 style adjustable stock so that shooters of smaller stature can shoot a properly fitted rifle. It's certainly not an unfair advantage.

Alpha Sierra
01-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Never understood why they don't allow an M4 style adjustable stock so that shooters of smaller stature can shoot a properly fitted rifle. It's certainly not an unfair advantage.
Because the M4 is a carbine, not a rifle.

You can use the M16A1 stock on the M16A2/A4, that is one of the allowable modifications to the M16 service rifle.

Or you can shoot with the collapsible stock and compete in the match rifle category (NRA matches only).