PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Liion Defense for belts or holsters?

JonnyVain
01-06-2015, 04:23 PM
I've been looking at them for a while but haven't purchased anything yet. Was considering their owb holster. Belt looks nice but i stopped using nylon.

http://liiondefense.com/gibborim-gun-belt-edc/

HopetonBrown
01-06-2015, 06:44 PM
My friend ordered a holster and mag pouch and was disappointed by the quality.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

johncorey
01-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Full disclosure: I've known the Liion guys for over two years now and they hook up the wait time for my orders.

Having seen them progress from where they were to where they are now, I'd put them on par with any kydex company out there. Had them make two matching AOWBs for my issue Beretta for the past few months in Logar. Wore them on rotational basis every day, most of the day, with great results. Like I said above, fit and finish is top notch. Based in Overland Park, KS, Liion is down to earth and can make you virtually whatever you want. My AOWBs range holsters have a reverse cant of 5 degrees. That option is nowhere on their website, but if you talk to Charlie, he can make it happen. Or whatever else you can conjure.

Highly recommended, based on legit use and experience. I do not receive any commission or discount for shipping them business.

Having said that, I still use my Shaggies for AIWB.

JonnyVain
01-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Full disclosure: I've known the Liion guys for over two years now and they hook up the wait time for my orders.

Having seen them progress from where they were to where they are now, I'd put them on par with any kydex company out there. Had them make two matching AOWBs for my issue Beretta for the past few months in Logar. Wore them on rotational basis every day, most of the day, with great results. Like I said above, fit and finish is top notch. Based in Overland Park, KS, Liion is down to earth and can make you virtually whatever you want. My AOWBs range holsters have a reverse cant of 5 degrees. That option is nowhere on their website, but if you talk to Charlie, he can make it happen. Or whatever else you can conjure.

Highly recommended, based on legit use and experience. I do not receive any commission or discount for shipping them business.

Having said that, I still use my Shaggies for AIWB.

Yeah they don't really have a legitimate aiwb. I actually emailed them about a custom design but i changed my mind to doing it myself before they got back to me.

The belt looked nice. Another g hook belt i tried had unfinished edges. The Liion looked more comfortable.

JonnyVain
01-06-2015, 11:48 PM
My friend ordered a holster and mag pouch and was disappointed by the quality.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

When and what was wrong?

HopetonBrown
01-07-2015, 02:14 AM
When and what was wrong?

I think it was around March of last year. Background on my buddy; former full time LE and SWAT member of an 800 officer dept. USPSA A class production, trained with Vogel, Proctor, Hack, LAV, Michel, Stoeger, Awerbuck, etc. Brought the LIION rig over and we compared it on my kitchen table to some other kydex I had at the time, which was Off The Grid, Griffon Industries and G-Code. Functioned perfectly fine as a holster, but lacked sorely in the fit and finish department compared with the other makes. In short, it held the gun and function as advertised, but nothing special and wouldn't order from again.

Adam
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
They had a table at a local gun show last year I think it was. Nice enough guys, but for the prices they are charging, they aren't doing anything a lot of good kydex benders haven't done. If I were more local and could get custom work done quickly, I'd be more inclined to use them, but other than that there are lots of shops run by good people. Piggy backing on to the belt making circuit might be good for local sales, but why not try some innovation?

At the same gun show the guy actually had an appendix holster he was playing with. He gave the pitch and said something like "For example you could conceal this G26 under that t-shirt AIWB, whereas with a lot of holsters it is going to print really bad. Here try it..." No thanks as I was carrying a G19 AIWB at the time. :D

Miniappleguy
07-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Do not buy from these guys. I paid $119 for a holster on 4/15/16 and as of 7/21/16 I still don't have it and not for lack of effort on my end. The delay and the exorbitant price bother me less than the dishonesty. See the email text below. I wrote this a few days ago and haven't received a response.

Abby,

I ordered my Liion Defense holster over three months ago. Two weeks ago you said it was "going out the door TOMORROW!" When I originally ordered this I called and personally asked you to refund me because I wasn't aware of the long wait times until after the order was complete. You refused to refund the purchase because of "policy" and agreed to do everything you could to rush the order but in no case would it be longer than the stated 6-8 weeks. I wasn't happy but understood that I probably should have paid closer attention to the fine print so I accepted your explanation even though I didn't agree with your refusal to refund my money. After 10 weeks I sent you the email below which is when you said the holster was going out "tomorrow". That was two weeks ago. I still don't have my holster that I paid for over three months ago. I've been trying to be polite but I feel like you guys have been dishonest with me and at this point I am just planning to post this email and supporting documentation online in the comments section on any holster review site I can find. I still need my holster so please send it expedited as soon as possible. I think it would be fair to refund me my money at this point as well. Please confirm that you've received this.

Thank you.

On Jul 6, 2016, at 3:42 PM, Liion Defense <info@liiondefense.com> wrote:

Hey ****

I am happy to tell you that your order will be going out the door TOMORROW! So you will be getting a call from me to let you know that your gear is headed out to you! We apologize for the delay in production. We have been diligently working on orders as quickly as possible and we VERY MUCH appreciate your patience with us! We look forward to calling you and I hope you are having an amazingly awesome day!

Abby- Office Manager
On Jun 29, 2016, at 12:53 PM, <****@gmail.com> wrote:

I still don't have my holster.

vcdgrips
07-21-2016, 05:05 PM
At JC's suggestion, I ordered an AOWB from Liion. While the function, fit and finish of the holster were solid, they busted their announced wait time by a 2x factor.
If I had relied on that timeline representation prior to a class or other training function, I would have been sorely disappointed.

I can understand blowing a delivery timeline on something that is custom/handmade. I do not understand a no refund policy/no adjustment policy after missing said timeline. YMMV greatly.