PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LC9S Pro

JodyH
01-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Anybody played with a Ruger LC9S Pro yet?
Now that they finally got rid of the manual safety it looks good to me.
I'm a fan of slick sided single stack 9's.

John Hearne
01-02-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm always intrigued by how the manufacturers will play to LE agencies but not to the public. Roughly 3-4 years ago, I saw some LC9's that Ruger had sent to a large police agency for evaluation as a possible backup weapon. It had the magazine safety (the dept loves them) but not a manual safety - making them small mirrors of their P229 DAK duty weapon.

Jared
01-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Only handled in a gun shop and dry fired a bit. You probably already know what to expect size wise. The trigger was... different. There was a good bit of very light free travel, then it hit the heavier spot. There was more "length" in pulling through the wall than a Glock trigger, definitely something you could "roll," and were it mine, that's how I would shoot it. I didn't find it objectionably heavy. That's about all I can offer. I remember thinking the price was decent, but can't recall exactly what it was right now.

I've got a soft spot for small single stack 9's, although I don't carry them. May pick one up eventually for a range toy.

Clay
01-02-2015, 09:17 PM
My honest opinion after playing with one at a local range was that it will be one of the most ND'd guns available. I found the trigger much too light - long, with very little resistance at the "wall". With no manual safety, I would much prefer a heavier pull than what was found on the one I tried.