PDA

View Full Version : P227

BLR
12-30-2014, 03:55 PM
How's that fella shaping up?

gtmtnbiker98
12-30-2014, 03:59 PM
I had a Carry that was sent back once and still continued to FTFeed, I ditched it. My full size had a tendency to fail to lock open on empty magazine. This was with an empty magazine inserted and simply trying to lock the slide back, it would not lock back 1/2 the time. So, I have abandoned the P227 as of a few days ago.

Guns are accurate, I had just over 2,000 rounds through the both of mine. Too many nitpicky issues to be suitable for anything other than a range gun. I don't own any range guns.

KVDT
12-30-2014, 10:27 PM
I've got a P227. It's a little large in the grip and heavy but I'm used to a Glock 19. I haven't had any malfunctions or issues with mine other than failure to lock back the slide on the last round due to my thump placement. It's the only gun I have that I can basically put the whole mag thru a single hole without much effort at 7 yards. I always drop at least one shot low and left by 2" with the Glock no matter what haha. I do not shoot it very well at speed however. It is pretty much a range toy but I don't want to depart with it yet. I'd like to get much better at speed with the TDA.

WOLFIE
12-31-2014, 09:15 AM
I have been enjoying my P227. No malfunctions or issues with 300 rounds fired. The grip is nice and I like the cut underneath the trigger guard where the middle finger goes. The magazines appear to be tough and well made. I have the FDE version and I shipped it to Sig and the internal parts were phosphated.

gtmtnbiker98
12-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Long story short, I'd hold off on the P227, Bill. They are still having issues with the 14-round magazines and given my sample of two, the gun IMO is still a few years out for all the bugs to be fixed.

ydennekb
12-31-2014, 11:57 AM
My experience mirrors gtmtnbiker's, was getting random malfunctions I couldn't isolate to a specific magazine. Gun was super accurate but was never trustworthy.

gtmtnbiker98
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Just to further clarify, my P227R would fail to lock back on each of the 6 (10-round) magazines that I had. These failures to lock back was during administrative handling, as in, inserting magazine and retracting the slide. You know, how they are supposed to work.

I bought additional Mec-Gar magazines and the gun still continued to fail to lock back. I swapped out the slide catch and slide catch spring to no avail. Something was out of spec and it went beyond the associated parts. So I had to move on. Now my .45 ACP lead slingers all say 'HK' on the side.

ydennekb
12-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Sounds like my issue. At first it was a single magazine and then eventually all of them. Sig replaced a few mags that would work for awhile, then back to not locking back. Ever.

Same here.

Now my .45 ACP lead slingers all say 'HK' on the side.

Sensei
01-01-2015, 11:02 PM
I have a FS and SAS. Both have run fine and they are as accurate as my P220s. However, I'm only at about 1000 for both pistols. I also only use 10 round mags, so I can't comment on the 14 rounders.