PDA

View Full Version : I'm not getting rid of THIS one! (new to me J-Frame)

Eli
12-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Over the last 8 years of carrying (I'm 26) I've owned a model 60, 2 model 642s, a model 431, and a model 442. For some stupid reason or another, I've sold or traded off each J-Frame, then went out less than a year later and bought another. As far as I know, I'm over the randomly selling and trading part of my life, but I still found myself without a J.

I've been casually on the lookout for a NPE gun for the last year or so. On the 26th I saw posted on Armslist an add for an "airWeight .38", the picture was of the starboard side of a stainless J-Frame. I assumed it was a 642 and for the price he was asking, I assumed that it had a lock. When I meet up with the guy, he hands me the gun, I go to release the cylinder and notice that it's a no-lock model, when I open the cylinder I notice that the star is blued instead of stainless.....I know what that means, neato!

So, for a bit less than 3 bills I picked up a no dash, electroless nickle 442, that other than a couple of small spots, looks to be in really good condition. I'm holding on to this one dammit!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/ceelfi/s442.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/ceelfi/s4422.jpg

With the next semester starting back in a couple of weeks and me only working part time, I now have about $0.14 to my name.....but all in all, I'm happy with how this years "gun stuff" went.

breakingtime91
12-28-2014, 03:42 PM
good find brother. I completely understand the strain college and part time jobs puts on time and finances. I also just recently decided I am done chasing new platforms and settled on my old glock 19 as my general carrry and a lcr as my NPE/Tight clothes gun. Put a note on your gun safe "stop chasing and stop selling", its helped me :cool:

Al T.
12-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Super find! :)

Tamara
12-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Nice catch. I'd've jumped on it, too.

Jeep
12-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Very nice.