PDA

View Full Version : Elected Officials :Strategic Sabotaging of Police?

GardoneVT
12-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Given this article...

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

....and the reality in Chicago that the CPD answers to the people most deserving of prison time for rackeering , how widespread is the practice of elected officials intentionally reducing manpower, cutting budgets, etc to police for their own ends?

I'm not referring to shortsighted decision making or garden variety incompetence, but politicians who intentionally sabotage law enforcement under their command because they or their friends stand to gain from criminal activity.

Alpha Sierra
12-23-2014, 09:06 PM
If nothing else it highlights the importance of elected Sheriffs

1slow
12-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Given this article...

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

....and the reality in Chicago that the CPD answers to the people most deserving of prison time for rackeering , how widespread is the practice of elected officials intentionally reducing manpower, cutting budgets, etc to police for their own ends?

I'm not referring to shortsighted decision making or garden variety incompetence, but politicians who intentionally sabotage law enforcement under their command because they or their friends stand to gain from criminal activity.

It is quite possible that some political agendas are served by certain levels of crime. The more gang shootings the more gun control can be pushed to the ignorant. The more gun control the more the public is dependent on the politicians to provide police protection. The politicians can bias protection to favor their clients.
It is also possible that a politician with ties to certain criminals would get paid. in some fashion, for reducing police effectiveness.

Chuck Haggard
12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Hanlon's Razor.

Just sayin

Glenn E. Meyer
12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
What else is new? From the depths of time, my mother told me of criminal members of my tribe and tribal politicians working together. As the ethnic profile of the organized criminal classes changes, so does the set of those who are conspiring with politicians.

The VP of the USA was taking bribes in office not that long ago.