PDA

View Full Version : NYC 12/20/14, two NYPD officers LODD

LittleLebowski
12-21-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/21/gunman-who-shot-and-killed-2-nypd-officers-had-troubled-past-mother-says/

RIP

El Cid
12-21-2014, 06:05 PM
He had been arrested 19 times. I'd love to see his NCIC and find out what the charges and dispositions were. The broken justice system is all too often a "co-conspirator" these days.

Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the officers.

JV_
12-21-2014, 09:22 PM
I don't follow baseball, but this is pretty cool.

The New York Yankees will pay for the education of both children, the New York Daily News reports.

Det1397
12-21-2014, 10:31 PM
The local media here in NY is already putting the spin on this. As per NYPD's Chief of Detectives: The shooter may have had an undiagnosed mental illness, according to his family, and may have been on medication "later on in life," Boyce said in a briefing in Manhattan. But he said he had no official reports of any mental illness.
Local print and TV media is of course playing up that angle, in a way diminishing the sheer brutality of this animal!

SeriousStudent
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't follow baseball, but this is pretty cool.

I do follow baseball. That's a very kind gesture by the Yankees organization.

Respect.

Shellback
12-22-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't do the FB thing, but my wife does, and obviously we have some mutual friends. One of my best friends is a police officer and this was written by his son, who's 16 years old, and posted to FB. At present it has over 135,000 shares or "likes" or whatever and I thought some of you would appreciate it here.

Imagine yourself, 13 years old, Christmas day. Your dad was executed 5 days earlier, assassinated, shot in the head at point blank range without a fighting chance. For what? For doing his job. For dawning the uniform. For wearing the badge. For keeping chaos, unrest, and animosity at bay every single day. For serving an ungrateful and violent public.

Imagine yourself looking underneath the Christmas tree at a gift with a tag on it saying, "From Dad", only knowing his funeral is next week.

Imagine your Dad being blatantly murdered at the hands of a crazed and radical individual, driven by media and political-instilled hate all because he wears a Police Officer's uniform.

Now, imagine yourself, a newly wed, ready to get your life on track with the love of your life. 2 months of marriage under your belt and you and your husband are planning your first Christmas together as a married couple. While out Christmas shopping for him, you get a phone call saying your husband has been shot and is in the hospital fighting for his life, only to find out he'd died in his patrol car for no reason.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a reality we of the law enforcement community live with day by day. Every Police Officer's goal at the end of the day isn't to fuck you over for a speeding ticket or to pick on you because you're black, red, purple, white, a dog, or anything.

Their goal at the end of the day is to come home safe to the loving, embracing arms of their families at home. That is it.

So while you sit there, sympathizing with the criminals and becoming part of the problem by saying, "Hands up, don't shoot" or "I can't breathe" and preaching an ignorant and biased agenda against an individual who would willingly die for you in an instant, no matter if you like them or not; while you sit there with hate and distaste over the fact that they are "all racist" and they can hide behind the badge and without mercy, murder anyone they please-while you sit there and bask in all the hatred that has been ignited this past year, understand that they will ALWAYS be there to help you.

How could anyone have the audacity to hate the protectors? The unseen heroes of every day life?

Matthew 5:9-
"Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall be called children of God."

God bless NYPD Officer Liu-EOW 12/20/2014
God bless NYPD Officer Ramos-EOW 12/20/2014
Godspeed gentlemen, your deaths will not be in vain.

-Signed, the grateful son of an oath keeping Peace Officer.

BaiHu
12-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Fantastic!

Luger
12-22-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm just shocked...

RIP officers Liu and Ramos.

Psychlone
12-22-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't do the FB thing, but my wife does, and obviously we have some mutual friends. One of my best friends is a police officer and this was written by his son, who's 16 years old, and posted to FB. At present it has over 135,000 shares or "likes" or whatever and I thought some of you would appreciate it here.

The part of that FB post that I totally disagree with is the part that just because you're wearing a T shirt that says don't breathe or putting your hands up means that you're sympathizing with criminals. I think what people are upset about is the excessive use of force. Just because you're selling cigarettes illegally doesnt mean you deserve to be choked out until death.

BaiHu
12-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Tell that to the administrators, legislators and other politicians that send these officers out for those crimes, but let weed go. I wonder why? That's rhetorical, the answer is tax dollars and votes. Every single time.

LittleLebowski
12-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Just because you're selling cigarettes illegally doesnt mean you deserve to be choked out until death.

That's a simplistic view and wrong. His own health had the most to do with the cause of death.

Shellback
12-22-2014, 03:26 PM
The part of that FB post that I totally disagree with is the part that just because you're wearing a T shirt that says don't breathe or putting your hands up means that you're sympathizing with criminals. I think what people are upset about is the excessive use of force. Just because you're selling cigarettes illegally doesnt mean you deserve to be choked out until death.

No where does he mention anything about wearing a T-shirt. So, if we're going to analyze what he's saying, let's start with using factual statements.

He's a very intelligent young man who I know personally and I'm very proud of him for his desire to stand up for what he believes in. He's tired of people degrading his father's profession over bullshit allegations, not facts. His father is an outstanding police officer in my opinion*, he also happens to be a very honorable, upstanding and all around great person who I'm very happy to call my friend.

As of now it's been shared over 275,000 times.

*My opinion is based on riding with him on multiple occasions in some serious shitholes and seeing the outstanding police work that he does. His involvement in the community and the professionalism that he exudes has made him a credit to his family, his department and his community.

ETA - In case you don't know I'm a Constitution loving/libertarianish kinda guy who often comes out in support of unpopular opinions when it has to do with what I perceive as those in law enforcement overstepping their boundaries. I've been labeled anti-cop/anti-LE on several occasions but it's just due to my opinion that laws should be based on malum in se VS malum prohibitum. My distaste is for the law, not the man enforcing them, but sometimes it comes out that way.

jnc36rcpd
12-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Mr. Garner was not "choked out until death". He died of cardiovascular issues exacerbated by his resistance to arrest. Moreover, force was not used because he was selling untaxed cigarettes. It was used because he resisted arrest. Mr. Garner could have placed his hands behind his back

Claiming that one cannot breathe or has a medical condition is a common tactic among criminals. I expect it to be used more frequently in the future. I suppose we couild simply not arrest offenders who resort to such a strategy. We could simply apologize, step back, call for EMS, and await their arrival. Granted, the vast majority of offenders would be long gone before EMS arrived.

If you really don't want tax laws or disorderly conduct laws or whatever to be enforced, please let your legislators know.

LittleLebowski
12-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Mr. Garner was not "choked out until death". He died of cardiovascular issues exacerbated by his resistance to arrest. Moreover, force was not used because he was selling untaxed cigarettes. It was used because he resisted arrest. Mr. Garner could have placed his hands behind his back

Claiming that one cannot breathe or has a medical condition is a common tactic among criminals. I expect it to be used more frequently in the future. I suppose we couild simply not arrest offenders who resort to such a strategy. We could simply apologize, step back, call for EMS, and await their arrival. Granted, the vast majority of offenders would be long gone before EMS arrived.

If you really don't want tax laws or disorderly conduct laws or whatever to be enforced, please let your legislators know.

Agreed and imagine what would have happened had he NOT resisted arrest, NOT announced that "It stops today" and physically swatting the officer's hands away. Imagine if he had learned from his LAST arrest for selling illegal cigarettes.

Det1397
12-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Agreed and imagine what would have happened had he NOT resisted arrest, NOT announced that "It stops today" and physically swatting the officer's hands away. Imagine if he had learned from his LAST arrest for selling illegal cigarettes.

I could not ,and will not comment any further on this issue, LittleLebowski has hit it on the head! Don't commit a crime, any crime, and then, don't resist your arrest.

KevinB
12-22-2014, 05:32 PM

Way to derail the topic with mindless BS.

HCM
12-22-2014, 05:36 PM

First, let's be clear. The death of Michael Brown was in no way an excessive use of force. It was a legitimate application of deadly force against a threat to the officer's life and the safety of the public. It was the result of choices made by Michael Brown and it is nobody's fault but his. The "hands up don't shoot" narrative was a lie concocted by a criminal co-conspirator/Crime partner to deflect his own culpability. The fact that the "hands up don't shoot" narrative was, and is, a lie makes it offensive. Those who continue to promote it are either ignorant or members of the race and grievance industry who don't care about the truth because the "hands up don't shoot " narrative fits their agenda.

Mr. Garner's death was unfortunate, however, as others have stated in this thread it was not an intentional application of deadly force by the police. It was the result of Mr. Garner's decision to resist arrest combined with his physical condition, including obesity cardiovascular issues and asthma. It is a classic case of "misadventure".

The two cases are really quite different and I believe it is disingenuous to lump them together.

Hambo
12-22-2014, 05:37 PM

Yes, it does. Brown was not a choirboy. He was obviously a bully at least (see video of shoplifting), and an immediate danger to an officer at worst. That's what we know for a fact. Garner wasn't choked because he was selling cigarettes, he was actively resisting arrest and if not quite there, was on his way to assaulting LEO charges as well. Both Brown and Garner controlled their own fate. Neither was going to do serious time, but for reasons we will never know, neither of them felt like complying with lawful orders.

Excessive force as defined by people who have never been in a fight is anything that as Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke said so well, "Isn't pleasing to the eye." What some people want is a pass, and they're going to get it because squeamish administrators will cave in.

cclaxton
12-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Guiliani on the NYC police murders. Makes complete sense to me.
http://uneditedpolitics.com/rudy-giuliani-on-cnn-reacts-to-murder-of-new-york-police-officers/
Cody

ToddG
12-22-2014, 06:11 PM
edited: sorry Tom!

frozentundra
12-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Does anybody have an informed opinion about a good charity or foundation that supports the NYPD, with little risk of any funds donated falling under the control of a lowly New York politician? I will donate directly to the family's of the slain officers, but would like to show some support for the NYPD as a organization as well. I can't think of anything more constructive to do......makes me sick.

SLG
12-22-2014, 11:46 PM
That's a nice thought. I can find out for you if you give me till tomorrow or so. Maybe pm me in the afternoon.

frozentundra
12-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks SLG.

SeriousStudent
12-23-2014, 12:07 AM
I was thinking along the same lines. An officer gave me this information:

If you would like to donate to this 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, please make a check payable to the NYC PBA Widows and Children's Fund, and send it to Michael Morgillo or Joseph Alejandro at the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, 125 Broad Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10004-2400.

I did the Google, and verified it.

http://www.nycpba.org/fund/

Hope that helps.

Psychlone
12-24-2014, 10:23 AM
<Edited by LittleLebowski>

Psychlone
12-24-2014, 10:24 AM
That's a simplistic view and wrong. His own health had the most to do with the cause of death.

Well then maybe the officer involved should have taken his health into consideration when applying the chokehold.

Psychlone
12-24-2014, 10:28 AM
RIP to the two officers.

Kyle Reese
12-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Well then maybe the officer involved should have taken his health into consideration when applying the chokehold.
Last warning. Cut the bullshit in this thread or you'll be shown the door.

LittleLebowski
12-24-2014, 10:34 AM

You're probably not long for here but I'll make one more attempt at logic with you. Are you saying that the officer should have pulled up the man's health history before subduing him? How about the guy with the bad health history who had already been arrested for the SAME offense before NOT resist arrest?

SLG
12-26-2014, 10:46 AM
I was thinking along the same lines. An officer gave me this information:

If you would like to donate to this 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, please make a check payable to the NYC PBA Widows and Children's Fund, and send it to Michael Morgillo or Joseph Alejandro at the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, 125 Broad Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10004-2400.

http://www.nycpba.org/fund/

For anyone interested, this address and fund is the best way to go.

Drang
12-26-2014, 02:44 PM
JetBlue offering free flights for officers wishing to attend NYPD funerals | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/24/jetblue-offering-free-flights-for-officers-wishing-to-attend-nypd-funerals/)