PDA

View Full Version : Bill's FAST Mozambique

JodyH
12-07-2014, 01:09 PM
I was at the range yesterday running various drills and the "Old FAM" test when I decided to combine several drills into one to break the boredom.
Since I already had three targets set up I decided to just run with that and here's what I came up with.

"Bill's FAST Mozambique".

Setup: 3 IPSC targets spaced 1' apart at the shoulders, 7 yards away. May use a Magic marker to outline the head and body "A" zones to make it slightly easier.
Start is handgun concealed, hands relaxed at sides, gun loaded 7+1, one spare mag with a minimum of 7 rounds.
CoF: At the buzzer draw and do a Bill Drill on the center target (6 shots into the body "A"), transition to the left target and shoot a pseudo-FAST (2 shots into the head "A", reload 4 shots into the body "A"), transition to the far right target and finish with a Mozambique (2 shots into the body "A" then 1 shot into the head "A").
Scoring: missing a body "A" is +1 second, missing a head "A" is +2 seconds added to overall time.

Anything under 10 seconds clean is blazing fast.
Under 12 seconds is really solid stuff.
Under 15 is double plus good.

:cool:

Sean O
12-07-2014, 01:14 PM
This sounds awesome, I will be sure to try it this week. Thanks Jody!!!

Clobbersaurus
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Looks like fun, I will be trying this next time I'm out. I'm doing the math in my head on my usual times for these drills, this is goona be hard....:cool:

Jason F
12-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Just sent this to my range buddies to add to our list of range drills. GREAT idea Jody!!

Sean O
12-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Ran this twice, both 8.68 exactly. First one I had a -1H on the FAST portion (1/4 high) second was clean. Lots of fun thanks Jody!

JodyH
12-11-2014, 07:56 AM
It's an ammo eater, especially if you're shooting/competing with friends.

LHS
12-11-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm digging it. Will try at my next range session.