PDA

View Full Version : Narrowest Glock tritium front sight post?

THellURider
12-02-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm trying to decide what sights to settle on and buy a couple sets of.

I run Sevigny sights on my USPSA gun and really like the narrow front blade.

I can;t for the life of me decide what to do. I've been reading about the movement away from 3-dot sights but frankly, can't decide and it's probably over thinking it anyhow.

Who makes the narrowest front post that will still allow me to use it on a defensive pistol?

Side note, are the gold bead front posts worth anything?

Up1911Fan
12-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Ameriglo has a "thin tritium" front as well as the TCAP front.

HopetonBrown
12-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Never seen one thinner than .125.

SouthNarc
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
A looooooong time ago Dane Burns had some made in .115.

John Hearne
12-03-2014, 10:17 AM
It depends on whether you want a white outline around the vial and how big you want the vial to be. IIRC, Tool Tech can make a tritium front sight as narrow as .90 or .100 but it will have a small vial and no outline. You'd want similar vial size on the rears so they wouldn't overpower the front. You basically end up with a very expensive set of custom sights.

THellURider
12-03-2014, 12:01 PM
It depends on whether you want a white outline around the vial and how big you want the vial to be. IIRC, Tool Tech can make a tritium front sight as narrow as .90 or .100 but it will have a small vial and no outline. You'd want similar vial size on the rears so they wouldn't overpower the front. You basically end up with a very expensive set of custom sights.

Ya, not so fixated on this that I'm willing to go custom.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I'm gonna give the Ameriglo's a shot.

Dave J
12-03-2014, 01:42 PM
If you're not in a hurry, 10-8 offers a .115" and a .100", both of which show as out of stock right now.

THellURider
12-03-2014, 02:19 PM
If you're not in a hurry, 10-8 offers a .115" and a .100", both of which show as out of stock right now.

My understanding is neither of those widths are available in tritium - though they are available with a gold bead.

TR675
12-03-2014, 02:27 PM
My understanding is neither of those widths are available in tritium - though they are available with a gold bead.

Laser sights. Then it doesn't matter. I like the great big ones that sit on top of the gun, like in Terminator.

Wondering Beard
12-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Side note, are the gold bead front posts worth anything?

Like FO sights, once things start growing dark, they're same as classic black sights; however, they are capable of reflecting light in somewhat darker environments than FO.

John Harrison has some good explanations here: http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Static/FrontSights.htm

Personally, I'll take tritium first, gold bead second and FO last. But a lot of people like FOs better than anything.

HopetonBrown
12-03-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't shoot in the dark much, and when I do I have a WML so night sights are of little use to me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk