PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CW380

ranger
11-27-2014, 02:21 PM
There is a very attractive deal on PSA for a Kahr CW380 for Black Friday. I know that 380 is below the normal threshold for carry. I am interested in this CW380 as a potential pocket carry when I cannot conceal my normal pistol (S&W M&P 9FS or S&W Shield 9mm). I did a search on the forum for the CW380 but did not find much. Any experience with the Kahr CW380?

Thanks

Mike C
11-27-2014, 09:06 PM
I had two P380's a while back, both ran terribly with anything except Speer Gold Dots. I had some serious issues with Golden Sabers and any kind of ball from any mfg. you can think of. They would only run the GD's, everything else seemed like the OAL was too long and would have issues feeding or extracting live rounds. JodyH, I believe has one and I think has had pretty good luck with it. You could PM him. I more recently purchased two G42's for the wife and both run like a champ, one of them has a round count just over 1K with only one failure. That might be an option considering what the shipping and transfer fee might run you. Going by your handle and location I am guessing you might qualify for Glock's LE/Mil program. The G42 runs about $357 out the door here locally to me so I am guessing it would be pretty close and maybe a little less with tax for you. I am not going to crap all over Kahr but I have had a few and it's been hit and miss in terms of reliability so I can't say I would recommend them. You can always look at a used S&W Airweight like a 638 or the sort.

TGS
11-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Run, dont walk away....run.

I had a P380. It was an absolute abortion of a defensive handgun. JodyH had the same experience, and we both posted to great extent about the problems we had if you want to perform a cursory search.

I replaced it with a micro eagle and have been pleased.

The G42 shouldnt even factor in. That gun is in a whole different size category.

Mike C
11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the correction TGS maybe I was thinking of his PM9. In terms of size that P380 or CW380 is barely shorter in the grip. The largest difference is length from what I recall. I wouldn't place the G42 in a whole other size category though the G42 is a little larger. I am comparing from memory though.

ranger
11-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks - a good price is not a good deal if it is not reliable. Yes, I am military and live close enough to Glock Smyrna to have all my Glocks "inspected". I will look at the G42.

JodyH
11-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Run, dont walk away....run.

I had a P380. It was an absolute abortion of a defensive handgun. JodyH had the same experience,
Came here to say this ^^^.
I really like my Kahr PM9's, but the P380 was a disaster that Kahr was unable to fix after multiple returns.