PDA

View Full Version : $1M car wreck

ToddG
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Blonde woman crashes Bentley into a Merc, Porsche, Aston, and Ferrari simultaneously:
Million-Dollar Fender Bender (http://autos.yahoo.com/news/million-dollar-fender-bender.html)
Clearly it's time to ban cars...

MDS
07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Now, that's not fair. The Car Control people don't want to ban cars, just... manage the risks to society. Sure, millions of Americans use theirs cars peacefully, but we can't count on felons, mentally ill persons, and the criminally ditzy to drive safely. What this Car Control legislation proposes is a few simple, unobtrusive checks and balances to make sure that car keys don't fall into the wrong hands, and to prevent tragedies like this one.

Don't be difficult.

ToddG
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
You left out the word "reasonable." You need to say it three times per sentence. It's a rule.

MDS
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Sorry, I'm new at this. Well, reasonably new...

Kyle Reese
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Additionally, purchasers of cars in Maryland shall be subject to a 7 day waiting period before being able to lawfully take custody of their new wheels. :cool:

MDS
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Also, mufflers require a time-consuming filing process and a $200 tax stamp.

Kyle Reese
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Fuel tanks shall be limited to no more than 10 gallons, for private citizens. This will curtail aggressive driving, drag racing and other reckless pursuits. :o

SecondsCount
07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
It's Bentley's fault. They didn't provide an adequate collision avoidance system in the car. I mean really, a $363,000 car should almost be able to drive itself after all. ;)

NickA
07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Reasonable purchases of multiple reasonably priced cars on the same day must be reasonably reported.

jetfire
07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Well come on, no one "needs" a car that can go 195 MPH anyway, and as long as people insist on driving these cars that are capable of those speeds, it's just deaths waiting to happen. Everyone should be restricted to a Suzuki Lianna.

Mitchell, Esq.
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Photos of the Blonde, please...

DonovanM
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Everyone should be restricted to a Suzuki Lianna.

They're very reasonably priced!

Here's another $1m car wreck (filmed by a complete idiot who thought it was a Lambo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

jetfire
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
They're very reasonably priced!

Here's another $1m car wreck (filmed by a complete idiot who thought it was a Lambo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

How do you drive a Veyron off the road during broad daylight into a lake in perfectly good weather?

Hint: the answer rhymes with "flooze".

MDS
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
How do you drive a Veyron off the road during broad daylight into a lake in perfectly good weather?

Hint: the answer rhymes with "flooze".

The irony is that the answer probably also rhymes with "Pabst Blue Gibbon."

ToddG
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
People drive off the road all the time without being drunk. The fact that he was in a $1M car doesn't change the fact that the driver was human. He veered off what appears to be a one-lane road. He wasn't even going that fast. The future Lambo owners videotaping it were easily pacing him.

He could have been drunk, texting, talking on the phone, or simply distracted by any of the other billion things I'm sure there are to occupy one's mind while sitting behind the wheel of a supercar.

MDS
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
He could have been drunk, texting, talking on the phone, or simply distracted by any of the other billion things I'm sure there are to occupy one's mind while sitting behind the wheel of a supercar.

Yeah, but statistically speaking... it was probably a floozy gibbon.

grimel
07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Blonde woman crashes Bentley into a Merc, Porsche, Aston, and Ferrari simultaneously:
Million-Dollar Fender Bender (http://autos.yahoo.com/news/million-dollar-fender-bender.html)
Clearly it's time to ban cars...

That just isn't funny. I expected a massive legal issue and you're talking about crashing great cars. Not nice! I'm seeing the carnage and not liking it.

TCinVA
07-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Too bad Top Gear films on Wendsdays...otherwise that would have probably made the show.

jetfire
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Next week's episode!