PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a kydex molle compatible double pistol mag pouch?

NickDrak
07-26-2011, 05:29 PM
I have been running an Eagle double pistol "FB"/Molle" mag pouch on my outer armor/vest carrier for work. I need to get another double mag pouch for my new G17. I was wondering if anyone makes a kydex double mag pouch that is compatible with molle that I can mount on my outer carrier? Thanks in advance....

JM Campbell
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
http://darkstargear.com/

Shoot on over to that site, it is our very own orionz06 site.

I just purchased some holsters from him and he was extremely accommodating with what I wanted done. Might just be the ticket for you.

Jay Cunningham
07-26-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Tom and DSG.

orionz06
07-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys.

My honest suggestion for anything molle mounted is to use nylon. I have been through about half a dozen different pistol pouches recently and feel for anything that is attached via molle nylon is the way to go. Kydex is simply too wide when you build in attachment options. That being said, the attachment methods suck and I am working on fixing that. My current favorite, after using Eagle, Tactical Tailor, Emdom, and a few others is the HSGI Taco's. They take up very little room and will hold most anything you can stuff in it, even a multi tool or light. I am also working on a little trick to improve the use of most any pistol mag pouch, hopefully my time allows for that to happen before the month ends.

ADKilla
08-01-2011, 08:48 AM
My honest suggestion for anything molle mounted is to use nylon.

Having done a few deployments in the sand box, I completely concur. I tried running a kydex chest holster and mag pouches the last trip out, but came back to nylon. The kydex took up too much room and forced me to shift everything else around to accommodate to new pouch. Since I've been running generally the same set up on my vest for years and muscle memory was ingrained, I dumped the kydex.

Sal Picante
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Safariland molle carrier on an ELS plate might work...

roadsiderob
04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.laruetactical.com/pouch-firstspear-pistol-magazine-pocket-speed-reload-double

Have you looked at First Spear? They have Molle pistol mag pouches that have a kydex insert that work well.

JB326
04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I made this up as a competition rig...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x212/shooter_john/e22c7262.jpg

I've been fooling with Kydex as a hobby/ business for a few years now and I still lean towards the "use nylon pouches for MOLLE" camp. This rig has worked quite nicely through the matches I've used it in, but as very correctly pointed out, Kydex is not space-friendly on MOLLE gear.

HoffACDC
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I love my Blue Fore Gear Ten Speed. Very small, flat footprint and can accommodate anything like a Taco.

ron61
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I have been running an Eagle double pistol "FB"/Molle" mag pouch on my outer armor/vest carrier for work. I need to get another double mag pouch for my new G17. I was wondering if anyone makes a kydex double mag pouch that is compatible with molle that I can mount on my outer carrier? Thanks in advance....
www.giholsters.com