PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dream

seabiscuit
07-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Had a dream last night that I was in some cabin with my fiance's family. She has twin six-year old sisters.

I walked into a little area by the back door, and the twins were there, with a small bear snarling at them.

I pulled my Glock and fired at its chest. The round hit, but the bear kept coming. I wound up wrestling with the bear, put my pistol to its skull, and fired.

My Glock had jammed. And every round in that magazine jammed. The slide just wouldn't go back into battery.

Scary. I need to go to the range now, just to reassure myself that my pistol works.

JeffJ
07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Back when I did a lot of martial arts and was doing some light to more than light sparring several times per week I would often have a dream that I had to go hand-to-hand with someone and all of my punches had zero power. It would rattle me a little and usually refocus training for at least a week or so. Those dreams went away when I started carrying a pistol, the pistol incompetence dreams haven't started yet which makes me worry that I'm not training enough to realize how incompetant I am. I guess I'll be going to the range tongiht too.

SecondsCount
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Many years ago when I started keeping a gun in the nightstand, I would have dreams that my gun didn't work when I really needed it.

I'm still not sure if it was my subconscious trying to tell me something or what but after spending more time at the range and improving my shooting, the dreams went away. Maybe it is a confidence thing with you and your gear. :confused:

JDM
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
I used to carry a Smith 1076 with the mag disconnect. Probably once a week over the span of 3 or 4 months, I had a dream where I drew and pressed out with the intent to shoot, and the trigger was dead like the gun had no mag. Same dream and situation every time. I never saw my target either, just a black blob covered by my front sight. The gun, in real life, was stone cold reliable.

I've also had a few where I'm putting rounds in the target and they are completely ineffective. This has happened with various dream world pistols.

Neither situations ever went to completion however, they would reach the points above, and end.

I hate that shit.

seabiscuit
07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Many years ago when I started keeping a gun in the nightstand, I would have dreams that my gun didn't work when I really needed it.

I'm still not sure if it was my subconscious trying to tell me something or what but after spending more time at the range and improving my shooting, the dreams went away. Maybe it is a confidence thing with you and your gear. :confused:

Well, at least I'm not the only one.

I think it could very well be a confidence thing. I need a lot more practice and some formal training.

I've seen my Glock fail to eject twice - first, the first time my fiance shot it, and second, when I was practicing with my weak hand and a terrible supporting grip from my strong hand. Maybe I'm worried that if I get stressed, I won't grip it properly.