PDA

View Full Version : Epic cartoon is epic

fuse
07-25-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ATF-Job-Interview-Cyanide-And-Happiness.jpg

grimel
07-25-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ATF-Job-Interview-Cyanide-And-Happiness.jpg

That would be downright funny if it weren't true.

Josh Runkle
07-25-2011, 08:42 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Love it.

JDM
07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
C&H has some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

LittleLebowski
07-26-2011, 06:43 AM
At first it's funny and then you start thinking about it.

NGCSUGrad09
07-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I see you got the title from the department of redundancy department.

TCinVA
07-26-2011, 10:36 AM
There's a story out now that says apparently known felons were green-lit by people working on gunrunner and allowed to purchase over 300 weapons through FFLs.

I'll freely admit I haven't been keeping up with all the details of the story...but I'm unclear as to exactly what law enforcement mission they were hoping to accomplish by letting known felons pass through NICS and take possession of hundreds of weapons.

Kyle Reese
07-26-2011, 10:44 AM
There's a story out now that says apparently known felons were green-lit by people working on gunrunner and allowed to purchase over 300 weapons through FFLs.

I'll freely admit I haven't been keeping up with all the details of the story...but I'm unclear as to exactly what law enforcement mission they were hoping to accomplish by letting known felons pass through NICS and take possession of hundreds of weapons.

How is that even possible? So much for "keeping guns out of the wrong hands", eh?

SecondsCount
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Funny and painful at the same time.

The biggest concern I have with the whole thing is the motive. Was it really done to track where firearms were going or was it a ploy to undermine the firearm dealers in the US?

MDS
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM

This story - and all the similar stories implied by the comic - are just examples of how 2A and our other rights are so fragile and need constant, vigilant protection. Even without explicit malicious intent, humans will make insidious mistakes: small localized mistakes like inappropriate traffic stops, medium regional ones like Project Gunrunner, and large global ones like some of what's gone on overseas. In spite of the best intentions, you have to really put 2A and other rights in a holy, untouchable shrine if you want any hope of keeping them intact in the face of what power does to human nature.

You can't keep guns out of the wrong hands by putting them in the wrong hands. You can't protect freedoms by taking them away. You can't enforce the rule of law by breaking the law. As a very lazy person, I'm all for convenience and expedience; but, as fallible humans in pursuit of convenience and expedience, all too often we tend to throw the baby out with the bath water...

NickA
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
The most suspicious (or incompetent) part of it to me is that there was no provision to "track" the guns other than waiting for them to show up at crime scenes. Seems that surveillance of the straw buyers or some kind of tracking devices would have been a better plan than waiting for bodies to pile up.

Simon
07-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I think that some of Obama's appointees dreamed this up to try to gain traction for more gun control.

SecondsCount
07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I think that some of Obama's appointees dreamed this up to try to gain traction for more gun control.

Sometimes you gotta wonder.

jslaker
07-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Sometimes you gotta wonder.

I'm not much of one for conspiracy theories, but given the timing, when Holder was going on about guns in Mexico, it does make me wonder if some half-wit got over ambitious with a directive to be more aggressive on that front.

grimel
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I think it was the LA Times that had an article going over the logical reasons and stated reasons for this fast & furious fiasco. The only logical reason for doing it the way it was done was - drum up support for more gun control. To say I was in shock at the source would be an understatement.

fuse
07-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I think it was the LA Times that had an article going over the logical reasons and stated reasons for this fast & furious fiasco. The only logical reason for doing it the way it was done was - drum up support for more gun control. To say I was in shock at the source would be an understatement.

this is clearly the only reason.

sometimes the conspiracy theories are right.

we are fucked.