PDA

View Full Version : Question on Glock "Blue Label" guns.....?

Fire-Medic
10-24-2014, 04:22 PM
So some goodies I ordered for my Gen 4 G17 came in and I'm a bit confused. I ordered a "." connector to swap in and swapped the connectors and when I went to put the stock connector away there was a "dot" on it just like the new one?

Do the LE guns come with a "dot" connector form the factory? I was under the impression only the civie game guns (G34/G35) came with the lighter connector from the factory?

Thanks
FM

irascible_joe
10-24-2014, 04:36 PM
It sounds like you might be confusing the two different lighter-weight connectors, the "-" and the ".".

The "-" connector is the original lighter-weight connector, factory installed on the 17L/24/34/35.

The "." connector is a lighter-weight connector meant for use in Gen4 guns. It's supposed to reduce the weight of the pull slightly, to approximate the standard trigger weight of the Gen3 and earlier guns. The Gen4 guns have an inherently heavier trigger pull due to different geometry in the trigger housing and greater friction between the slide and trigger bar. AFAIK, it's the standard connector in all Gen4s except the 34 and 35.

HCM
10-24-2014, 04:37 PM
So some goodies I ordered for my Gen 4 G17 came in and I'm a bit confused. I ordered a "." connector to swap in and swapped the connectors and when I went to put the stock connector away there was a "dot" on it just like the new one?

Do the LE guns come with a "dot" connector form the factory? I was under the impression only the civie game guns (G34/G35) came with the lighter connector from the factory?

Thanks
FM

The "." (Dot) connector and the "-" (minus) connector are two different parts.

The "-" comes in the civilian G34/35 and reduces the trigger pull weight to 3.5 lbs.

The "." connector is the standard connector for all gen 4 Glocks. The gen 4 trigger bar has a dimple/bump to keep it aligned. This resulted in heavy / poor quality trigger pulls in early gen 4 guns. the first gen 4 glock 26 I saw had a 9lb trigger pull. The "." connector was developed, or at least first released in the ATF duty guns and subsequently used in all gen 4s since it brings the gen 4 triggers back towards the listed 5.5 lbs. IME the gen 4's are usually more like 6-6.5 lbs.

The gen 3 glocks generally have nicer triggers. Some people are running dot connectors in 3's and gen 3 trigger bars in Gen 4's. YMMV.

Fire-Medic
10-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks gentleman I was under the impression the "dot" connector was the (-) connector for the Gen 4 guns. Now I understand.

Well I will see if I can find someone with a trigger gauge, but the connector that came in today feels much better than the one that came in the pistol.

Thanks for the information. The only Gen 4 gun I have ever owned was an older problematic G19 so I'm not as versed on things Gen 4 as on Gen 3.

Appreciate it.

irascible_joe
10-24-2014, 04:47 PM
For reference, check out this picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20Pics%20II/DSC01933-1_zpsaaf6a196.jpg). You can see that the "dot" has an angle in between the "minus" and the standard.

JBP55
10-24-2014, 05:33 PM
It sounds like you might be confusing the two different lighter-weight connectors, the "-" and the ".".

The "-" connector is the original lighter-weight connector, factory installed on the 17L/24/34/35.

The "." connector is a lighter-weight connector meant for use in Gen4 guns. It's supposed to reduce the weight of the pull slightly, to approximate the standard trigger weight of the Gen3 and earlier guns. The Gen4 guns have an inherently heavier trigger pull due to different geometry in the trigger housing and greater friction between the slide and trigger bar. AFAIK, it's the standard connector in all Gen4s except the 34 and 35.

And the . connector will be standard in the Blue Label G34/G35 Glocks unless ordered with a - connector by a LEA.
Once a LEA receives a G34/G35 with a . connector Glock requires serial numbers and a signature from the Chief/Sheriff/Etc. in order to ship the - connectors.

Fire-Medic
10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Why do I see some folks putting in a Gen 3 trigger bar with the "-" connector in the Gen 4 guns?

I will do my best to work with the "dot" connector, but yesterday shooting my new Gen 4 for the first time was a chore. Shots to the left because of heavier pull than I am use to, and the trigger safety on this gun is sharp as hell I had a blister on my trigger finger after just a couple hundred rounds. Never had that issue with any of my Gen3 guns, and all my compact Gen 3's use to get the full size smooth trigger aside from the full size pistols I owned.

Thanks

ASH556
10-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Why do I see some folks putting in a Gen 3 trigger bar with the "-" connector in the Gen 4 guns?

I will do my best to work with the "dot" connector, but yesterday shooting my new Gen 4 for the first time was a chore. Shots to the left because of heavier pull than I am use to, and the trigger safety on this gun is sharp as hell I had a blister on my trigger finger after just a couple hundred rounds. Never had that issue with any of my Gen3 guns, and all my compact Gen 3's use to get the full size smooth trigger aside from the full size pistols I owned.

Thanks

The Gen 4 trigger bar is stiffer than the Gen 3. Some say this equates to a heavier trigger pull. Personally, I hate the way a Gen 3 trigger bar and a "-" connector feels. Mushy and spongy to me. I prefer the stiffer/crisper pull of the Gen 4 trigger bar, but the lighter weight of the "-" connector. To me it makes a good combo. As others have already told you, the "dot" connector is standard in the Gen 4 pistols (competition models excluded). You will see some variability from connector to connector, but overall the "-" is a nice weight drop from the "dot."

As far as a blister on your trigger finger, make sure you're not dragging it along the bottom of the trigger guard and pinching it between the trigger and bottom of the trigger guard. Move your finger up on the face of the trigger a little bit and I'll bet the blister goes away.

Fire-Medic
10-27-2014, 09:28 AM
The Gen 4 trigger bar is stiffer than the Gen 3. Some say this equates to a heavier trigger pull. Personally, I hate the way a Gen 3 trigger bar and a "-" connector feels. Mushy and spongy to me. I prefer the stiffer/crisper pull of the Gen 4 trigger bar, but the lighter weight of the "-" connector. To me it makes a good combo. As others have already told you, the "dot" connector is standard in the Gen 4 pistols (competition models excluded). You will see some variability from connector to connector, but overall the "-" is a nice weight drop from the "dot."

As far as a blister on your trigger finger, make sure you're not dragging it along the bottom of the trigger guard and pinching it between the trigger and bottom of the trigger guard. Move your finger up on the face of the trigger a little bit and I'll bet the blister goes away.

Thanks for your input, and I agree on the mushy feel of the Gen 3's with the minus connector which is why I was never necessarily a fan. I like the attributes of the current setup just wish the pull was a bit lighter is all but not at the expense of it being mushy. I am curious how the minus connector would feel so will track one down to give it a shot.

As for the blister, I am positive I was not dragging the finger on the TG, when I was done shooting I had a mark that mimicked the shape of the trigger safety on my trigger finger right where the blister developed. I just never experienced this knifer with any Glock, the safety on this pistol has sharp edges I will see if light sanding will tone that down a bit.

Thanks

JBP55
10-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your input, and I agree on the mushy feel of the Gen 3's with the minus connector which is why I was never necessarily a fan. I like the attributes of the current setup just wish the pull was a bit lighter is all but not at the expense of it being mushy. I am curious how the minus connector would feel so will track one down to give it a shot.

As for the blister, I am positive I was not dragging the finger on the TG, when I was done shooting I had a mark that mimicked the shape of the trigger safety on my trigger finger right where the blister developed. I just never experienced this knifer with any Glock, the safety on this pistol has sharp edges I will see if light sanding will tone that down a bit.

Thanks

You will see an improvement after you sand/smooth the trigger safety until it is basically flush with the trigger shoe when depressed and the reliability remains the same.

Fire-Medic
10-27-2014, 01:08 PM
You will see an improvement after you sand/smooth the trigger safety until it is basically flush with the trigger shoe when depressed and the reliability remains the same.

TY I would never want to compromise the safety of the pistol at all

JBP55
10-27-2014, 08:05 PM
TY I would never want to compromise the safety of the pistol at all

There is absolutely no safety comprised when you are able to fully depress the trigger safety. The safety issue is when someone trims too much from the back of the trigger safety.
Maybe you did not understand my first post.

Fire-Medic
10-27-2014, 09:27 PM
There is absolutely no safety comprised when you are able to fully depress the trigger safety. The safety issue is when someone trims too much from the back of the trigger safety.
Maybe you did not understand my first post.

I understood your post 100% sir, I guess I did not write my thoughts very clearly. I meant that I will trim it down to take the sharp edges off but not do anything to compromise it. In me early days with Glocks there were many folks on various forums shaving the safety down flush with the trigger face itself. I was simply implying that is not what I would be doing. My apologies for not clearly stating my thoughts.

FM