PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Lasersnap Caps?

Corlissimo
07-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Has anyone tried using Lasersnap (http://www.lasersnapcaps.com/index.html) products? At $10 a piece they don't seem like a bad gamble.

They look interesting since the XS Big Dot on my XD prevents me from using the empty case or dime methods on my front sight during dry fire exercises, and I've yet to save up for my Viridian C5L.

Thanks

CCT125US
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Looks like they will be available in several weeks. With that being said I do use a Laser (Streamlight TLR2) for daily dry fire practice. One thing to keep in mind with the use of a laser is that of a sight vs. threat / target focus. I have seen shooters try to chase the dot around the target to make it steady and accomplish the exact opposite. If you stay on the sights the dot will be there. I do like the idea of the Lasersnap being activated by the firing pin in order to prevent the above mentioned problem. However, I find the constant on laser useful to determine what different tensions do to the point of impact as shown in the movement of the dot. It is also useful from an instruction stand point to find wasted movement in the draw and target acquisition as well as any pre ignition flinch. But the target does that as well..... I say go for it and give us a report on how they work. Go shoot a ten shot group at 25 yds, get some practice reps in with the laser and then repeat the group shooting, you should know if it is beneficial or not...