PDA

View Full Version : H&K VP 9 question

landsharkleather
10-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi guys, so I was at my LGS and he handed me a VP9. I really liked the way it felt. I plan on renting one to try soon. But I do have a question.
I should have checked when I had my hands on it but didn't think of it. So my question is does the firing pin protrude from the rear of the slide so that
you can ride the slide with your thumb as you holster to ensure no accidental discharges?

JSGlock34
10-22-2014, 06:48 PM
The firing pin does not protrude from the rear of the slide. Even if it did, you couldn't "ride" the slide with your thumb to prevent a discharge - the VP9 has a fully cocked striker.

TAZ
10-22-2014, 08:19 PM
The firing pin does not protrude from the rear of the slide. Even if it did, you couldn't "ride" the slide with your thumb to prevent a discharge - the VP9 has a fully cocked striker.

1+. It's just visible while in the cocked position. It's also a fully cocked striker so riding you thumb on the slide wouldn't do you much good as stated. Kind of wished that HK would have made the trigger bar stick out before contacting the sear and act like the gadget. But then I don't think HK was shooting for the AIWB crowd.

None the less it's a great gun. I haven't put a lot of rounds through mine yet, but it's fun to shoot and shoots better than me.

landsharkleather
10-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Ok thanks guys, I was hoping it worked like the gadget. Thanks a lot.