PDA

View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow has a crush on Obama and wishes he were a dictator

Kyle Reese
10-11-2014, 08:03 AM
http://allenbwest.com/2014/10/political-savant-gwyneth-paltrow-crush-obama-wishes-dictator/

Would she feel the same about a Republican?

TCinVA
10-11-2014, 08:16 AM
The highest virtue possible in the mind of some progressives is agreeing with them. It's not surprising that someone of that frame of mind has no reservations about giving a fellow believer all power imaginable.

They have a lot in common with radical islamists, when you think about it. You either agree with them or you're an infidel who can be justly subjugated by force.

GardoneVT
10-11-2014, 09:52 AM
The political alignment of employed Hollywood celebrities is fairly consistent. One might wonder why that is, and why it is pro gun celebs who are not enourmously wealthy dont speak out frequently.

1slow
10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Being pro gun in Hollywood is career death/diminishment. Similar to dhimmitude.

Suvorov
10-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Lenin coined the name - "useful idiots"

Quite appropriate really.

My Grandfather would tell me about how in the early 20th century many of the societal "elites" of Russia loved to discuss the merits of Marxism and sing the praises of the various leftist radicals. It all turned South for them when the Bolsheviks took control and no longer being "useful idiots" they were lined up and given a bullet to the back of the head.

Drang
10-11-2014, 01:38 PM
'Twas to always thus; skeet (or trap, I can never keep them straight) was quite popular in the 50s, although even now trap shooters (or skeet, I can never keep them straight) tend to stay aloof from those peasants with their rifles or even shotgun hunting, let alone evil black rifles and the rednecks and their claims to need to defend themselves and their families.

More to the point, Kurt Russel claimed in an interview that he was effectively black listed between getting too old for Disney movies and hooking up with Goldie, for trying to organize celebrity hunting trips.

Lenin coined the name - "useful idiots"

Quite appropriate really.

My Grandfather would tell me about how in the early 20th century many of the societal "elites" of Russia loved to discuss the merits of Marxism and sing the praises of the various leftist radicals. It all turned South for them when the Bolsheviks took control and no longer being "useful idiots" they were lined up and given a bullet to the back of the head.
Ayn Rand's best book: We the Living (http://www.amazon.com/We-Living-Ayn-Rand-ebook/dp/B002PA0LWA/ref=la_B000APYGIW_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413052628&sr=1-8)

shane45
10-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Pitt and Jolie seem pretty overtly pro gun and well to do, no?

Trooper224
10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
John Milius on politics in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQljnlWW9j4

Jeep
10-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Ms. Paltrow seems to be a bit behind in her news reading. To date, after Congress refused his demand to pass the "Dream Act," Obama issued executive orders to put it into place. He is refusing to allow the USPB to do its job, and instead is allowing all the Central American kids in and dispersing them throughout the US. He refused to ask for Congressional authorization for the Libyan bombing campaign--and took the money to pay for it from other allocated funds. He is refusing to get Congressional authorization to conduct his campaign, such as it is, against ISIS. His department of HHS is weekly amending Obamacare, often in ways that are directly against the written act, without asking for permission from anyone. He refuses to allow independent investigations of the IRS targeting scandal, Fast and Furious and Benghazi. Yesterday it was reported that he intends to bring Gitmo prisoners to the continental US despite an explicit statute (supported by big majorities of both parties and the he signed) forbidding it. And he traded the Taliban killers for Bergdahl despite promising to give Congress advance notification before doing so.

Unfortunately, Ms. Paltrow hasn't given her love crush enough credit for the job he has already been doing in smashing the Constitution.

Kyle Reese
10-11-2014, 08:13 PM
She'd probably be happier living in Havana or Pyongyang.

LittleLebowski
10-11-2014, 08:58 PM

I'd like to drop this link to a picture gallery of Marine veteran Steve Mcqueen (http://life.time.com/culture/steve-mcqueen-photos-of-the-king-of-cool-1963/#1) here.

I wonder what it was like when actors volunteered for war and veterans were allowed in Hollywood?

NETim
10-12-2014, 12:42 AM
"No matter who you are or what you believe, you have to understand that some day the worst control-freaks among your bitterest enemies will control the federal government, and you better have restored effective, working constitutional limitations on that government before that time arrives." -- Rick Gaber

Joe in PNG
10-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Ah, the Hollywood bubble, where life is good under Obama. This is not the first time Gwenneth has revealed how out of touch she is.

Matt Helm
10-12-2014, 11:09 AM
I saw her on a late night talk show (Kimmel..?) And thought how many similar likes we prolly have.
Then , she wallows all over Obamalamadingdong. Just another ditzy blonde... bursting my bubble.
I'd rather bang her mother.