PDA

View Full Version : M&P Parts?

pointfiveoh
07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Where do you guys buy your springs and other small parts for the M&Ps? I've had a hard time finding an in stock source for factory recoil assemblies specifically. A central location for good links to various gun parts can't hurt, can it?

virginiatactical
07-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Where do you guys buy your springs and other small parts for the M&Ps? I've had a hard time finding an in stock source for factory recoil assemblies specifically. A central location for good links to various gun parts can't hurt, can it?

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/

Ken is the shit! Though they do not carry the new sear block. Brownells.com is a good place for the sear block.

Just my 2 cents, but I would consider switching to a non captured guide rod on the M&P then just buying an ISMI recoil spring. If it goes below 1/2 inch of normal size in 1 year they will give you a new one for free. You can also switch your springs for lighter loads. I just taught a class this last weekend, and one of the shooters gave me some 147gr subsonic ammo to shoot from atlanta arms. I was pretty happy to be able to switch to an 11 lbs spring on my M&P or else My gun would not cycle that ammo...

jslaker
07-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Because I went through a little trouble confirming this recently, FYI - the locking block and sear block coil pins are interchangeable. Most places only list it as a locking block pin.

TR675
07-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Brownells and Midway always seem to be out of stock of two of whatever of the four things I want to buy, so now I order directly from S&W over the phone.

Bonuses: it's cheaper, and they've twice now thrown in some of the teenier parts for free.

Bratch
07-22-2011, 07:45 AM
I ordered alot of parts from SSS a while back a few of them were out of stock but every so often another package shows up from them with part of the back order. They had far more in stock than Brownells or Midway it was my first order with them but it went really well. Would order again.