PDA

View Full Version : Is Tappatalk worth it?

rsa-otc
07-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I see people are using Tappatalk. Is it worth the effort and what do you see the advantages are. The website is not that helpful?

jslaker
07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
I see people are using Tappatalk. Is it worth the effort and what do you see the advantages are. The website is not that helpful?

I use it all the time. Makes browsing and posting from your phone far easier than from the browser. Worth the buck or two it cost for me; definitely got my money's worth out of it.

rudy99
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Why not download the free version and try it out? Nothing to lose there. I like it because you can read a few posts if you have a minute or two to kill. Running it now on just the iPod touch, but will probably upgrade to the pay version when I get off the blackberry and onto the iPhone.

dookie1481
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Not for me. I like the functionality of the full site.

seabiscuit
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Definitely worth it for mobile. Much faster and simpler for reading and posting. I'm using it now, but removed the silly signature.

Kyle Reese
07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I like it. Makes it a more efficient and user friendly interface from a mobile device.

JV_
07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't browse forums (on my droid) without it.

fuse
07-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't browse forums (on my droid) without it.

This.

dookie1481
07-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys like about tapatalk that you dislike about viewing the site through the regular browser?

seabiscuit
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
It's far easier to navigate, read, and post. Everything is sized for a small screen, including buttons. Have you tried using the forum on a small screen, resizing, trying to hit small buttons, etc.?

Corlissimo
07-21-2011, 11:22 PM
It's far easier to navigate, read, and post. Everything is sized for a small screen, including buttons. Have you tried using the forum on a small screen, resizing, trying to hit small buttons, etc.?

This.

Only one direction to worry about scrolling: vertically. So much easier than constantly sizing & resizing the forum on a mobile browser or scrolling sideways, etc.

Another bonus is being able to use a black background with white text. Easier on my older eyes and it saves mobile battery life (as most dark backgrounds & wallpapers do) which us a nice benefit.

dookie1481
07-22-2011, 12:43 AM

I've had various iterations of the iPhone since 2007 or so, so I am well-versed in doing crazy shit with my fingers to optimize browser usage...I tried tapatalk at Brian Enos forums and it completely turned me off of the software.

Geezer Squid
07-22-2011, 08:37 AM

Yes. I use it every day. I prefer to read some forums with it because of its "latest posts" feature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

NickA
07-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes. I use it every day. I prefer to read some forums with it because of its "latest posts" feature.
+ 1. I find it much easier and faster than the browser. Of course my phone is kind of a POS so YMMV.

ToddG
07-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I find is easier to use TT for most things. It still has some quirks. But it is usually faster and has a better UI (especially for posting). Even on my iPad, which has a plenty big enough screen for forum browsing, I prefer using TT.

Jay Cunningham
07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I do use TT to browse this forum on my iPhone.

Nfranco
07-24-2011, 08:47 PM
IPhone user here, TT is great for the brief moments I can check in on forums at work.

Slavex
07-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I prefer Opera Mini for smartphones. All the forum functionality but sized for the smaller screen.

JM Campbell
07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I prefer Opera Mini for smartphones. All the forum functionality but sized for the smaller screen.

OM was great on my old CrackBerry, I just started using the TT on my Iphone. I'm liking it so far.

orionz06
07-26-2011, 06:42 AM
I don't remember how much it was, but it was less than $3 and it has been worth it so far. The feature I like the most is multiple forums right out of one app.